From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 737
Date: Friday, October 12, 2001 3:03 AM

1. Re: Fw: State Farm Insurance Question
From: Dee Moats <Dee-Moats_at_dml_excite.com>

2. Re: airbox performance
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

3. RE: Quadrant top plate
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

4. Re: repainting DMC logo on late cars
From: "William F. Lane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>

5. Re: putrid exhaust, imperfect idle
From: srubano_at_dml_optonline.com

6. Dash Lights
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

7. water pump/ advice
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>

8. State Farm Insurance
From: "marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:14:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dee Moats <Dee-Moats_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: State Farm Insurance Question

I moved from Southern California to Texas, sold my house but kept my
DeLorean and insured the DeLorean here in Texas with State Farm.  I also had
State Farm in California from the day I bought the D as a new car.  There
does not seem to be any  consistency within the State Farm Insurance
Companies from state to state.  So what's new? Dee Moats

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:03:23 -0700 (PDT), dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com wrote:

  The State Farm question is extremely interesting.
  Here's another twist.

  When I moved from California to Colorado I had to
  change insurance companies because I was insured
  through the AAA of So Cal.  In CO I insured my house,
  my business and two of my three cars with State Farm.
  But, THEY WOULDN'T TOUCH MY DELOREAN.

  They did take the liability portion.  As soon as I
  found a different company (Harford through AARP - non
  cancellable for life) I moved EVERYTHING over.  BTW,
  that was 12 years ago so the State Farm issue is not a
  new one.

  Dick Ryan

  http://personals.yahoo.com

Dee-Moats_at_dml_excite.com

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:21:24 -0000
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: airbox performance

The only way to end speculation is to take some measurements.
"My car feels faster" or "My car seems to rev easier" are not
measurements.  Invest a little more in your invention and
take your car to a rolling road dyno and run your car with
the original airbox and your new airbox.  Make no other
changes between runs.  A sample of just one car isn't
statistically significant, especially if the gains are
modest, but it is better than anecdotal observations.

Mike

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1_at_dml_o...> wrote:
> I see that alot of you are very skeptical about my airbox's
performance gains over the original. I sugest you wait a couple of
weeks until my first buyers tell you all about it before you speculate
too much.

Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:37:34 -0500
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Quadrant top plate

What is an "quadrant top plate"?

Scott Mueller
DMCNEWS 002981
DOA 5031

Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:18:12 -0700
From: "William F. Lane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: repainting DMC logo on late cars

Andy,

All you had to do was wipe the emblem down with laquer thinner to remove
anything that had been applied to it, i.e.. silicon.  The paint would
then have stayed where you sprayed it.  I recently redid the two that I
have on my car.  I used Krylon semi-flat.  By the way, my car is an 81.
I placed these emblems right under the vents that are between the door
and the rear side glass.

Bill Lane

Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 02:48:48 -0000
From: srubano_at_dml_optonline.com
Subject: Re: putrid exhaust, imperfect idle

Another tell-tale sign that anti freeze is leaking into the
combustion chamber and being burned: The exhaust will have a
distinct smell to it. It will have a "sweet" sorta smell.

Steve

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., jtrealty_at_dml_w... wrote:
<SNIP> If you see clouds of white or grey smoke even
> after the engine warms up it is a tell-tale sign that coolant is
> getting into the combustion chamber and mixing with the exhaust.

 [moderator snip]

Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 04:21:26 -0000
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Dash Lights

Yes, I'm still on that kick. I just put three different bulbs on the
bench for brightness. The bulbs are the 161, 194 and the 2821. The
194 came out ahead. The will all work in all the dash light sockets,
but the 194 was the brightest.
John
http://www.specialtauto.com
Home of The Fan Fix and the Delorean 150 Alternator.

Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 02:46:59 -0400
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: water pump/ advice

I recently found that my machine had totally run out of water/coolant....
I filled up the water to full (a few times, as each time I started the
machine up the level went down again).  Then I put it on level ground and
opened the bleeder valve to get the remaining air out...  Nothing came
out.  I'm a little perplexed, becuase I did a bleeding a few months ago
and everything seemed to be working fine at that time.

Can I assume that my water pump is not circulating water???  The pulley
is definitely TURNING on the outside, at least.  What else might cause
this lack of bleeding problem?  I'd figure that it'd bleed off extra
fluid when the overflow tank was full to the brim... is this not so?

Jim.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:59:33 -0400
From: "marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: State Farm Insurance

I recently requested State Farm quote on a condo in Florida. I was advised they are taking no new clients for car or property coverage. Strange corporate policy in my mind.

Marvin Stein

tel: 519 - 434 - 1666
fax: 519 - 434 - 7071
email: marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com