From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 812
Date: Sunday, December 02, 2001 10:28 AM

1. Gold Plated Sun Star Update
From: "Jack Stiefel" <jack_at_dml_sacketmansion.com>

2. Loose Door Handle.
From: DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com

3. Re: Re: Exhaust Manifolds
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

4. Re: Re Cruise Control and other......... Steering wheel removal
From: dmc12_at_dml_btinternet.com

5. Remote Starter
From: dmc12_at_dml_btinternet.com

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 01:39:59 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
From: "Jack Stiefel" <jack_at_dml_sacketmansion.com>
Subject: Gold Plated Sun Star Update

Anyone have an update on the Gold Plated Sun Star models?  I see that the
others have been selling fast.

Jack & Virginia Stiefel
81 DeLorean Vin 03461

Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 07:29:27 -0000
From: DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com
Subject: Loose Door Handle.

So I put the vaccum tips on my door switches (from the Technical
Library). I close the door to test everything. Yes they work, but
*SNAP* my interior door handle broke! >:(

Well the good news is after a little inspection, it was only the
backing of the door handle that broke/seperated when it caught the
door trim as the handle came out (that I can reglue no problem). But
the screw that secures the front of the handle has come loose, and is
the cause of the problem here. This should be an easy repair, with
the exception of having to remove the lower door trim.

I'm thinking about installing lockwashers to prevent this from
happening again in the future, but just wanted some input from others
who might have some tips for any tricky items I may run into.

Thanks in advance.
And I'm now off to loot my local auto parts stores in search of
replacement fir tree clips!

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 09:20:06 -0500
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Exhaust Manifolds

>Trust Rob with this repair...  or any other.

I agree with this.  Rob did this same job on my car this summer (I had leaky
and LOUD exhaust manifold gaskets).  Not only did he remove the manifolds (I
had one nut break), but he replace several old parts, and sand-blasted and
re-painted most of the associated parts.  Not only did the car sound and
much better, the engine came back looking clean and GREAT.  If you take your
car anywhere else, they'll replace the manifold (if they can), and that's
all you'll get and most likely pay more.  When you take your car to Grady
(or any vendor, I assume), they treat the car with TLC and do lots of other
little things that are worth alot more than what he actually charges.  I
walked away two days later spending more than twice what I expected to pay
(the car needed some other repairs also), but it is worth the piece of mind
that (a) it was done right the first time, (b) correct parts were used, and
(c) I could rely on 20 years of Delorean experience.  Sure, Rob Grady
emptied my wallet - but I thanked him for it.  I couldn't be happier driving
my newly refreshed car home that day - everything just "worked".

-Hank #1619

Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 12:30:09 -0000
From: dmc12_at_dml_btinternet.com
Subject: Re: Re Cruise Control and other......... Steering wheel removal

Hi Paul,

Have a look at my web page, it might help you a bit, the manual says
a firm tug will remove the wheel, yeah right!!. I think there is
probably a taper on the steering collum.

Take a look this is how I did it

http://www.dmc12.co.uk/Steringwheel.html

Regards

James RG
Woodford Green

Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 12:44:49 -0000
From: dmc12_at_dml_btinternet.com
Subject: Remote Starter

Hi all,

This is a bit of a weird one!

I have a remote starter which I installed in my DeLorean in the
summer for no real practical purpose, just to show off really.

Anyway one useful feature is being able to start the car whilst in
the house and let the air conditioning cool the car in the summer or
heat it in the winter.
You simply leave the controls set with the aircon on and set to cold
and when the car fires up it starts cooling the interior.
The only problem with this is that when the ignition turns on the
aircon fans start going immediately and the car often struggles to
start or does not start.
Is there anyway delaying the fans from coming on straight away or do
I just need a better battery, I think mine is pretty old.

When it does work it is a brilliant feature and very easy to install
($30.00 off e-bay brand new with 2 year warranty, how could I resist)

Regards

James RG
Woodford
UK