From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 832
Date: Monday, December 17, 2001 11:46 AM

1. Engine cover
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: No Spark
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. Re: Where does it go 2nd attempt
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: No Spark
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

5. Seal Problems
From: "Palatinus, Joe" <jopalatinus_at_dml_davidson.edu>

6. RE: No Spark
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com

7. RE: Re: Supercharger retrofit
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

8. RE: TYRE WEAR SAGA
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 23:13:28 EST
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Engine cover

Hi again,

Does anyone on the list have any suggestions on how to repair an engine
cover, mine is missing a good sized chunk near and including the latch.  Does
anyone have one for sale, I'll even take a slightly damaged one, it couldent
get much worse then the one Ive got

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 05:06:15 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: No Spark

If you had spark before all of this work it is either something you
did or you installed a defective part. The first thing to do is a
visual inspection making sure that you didn't inadvertantly knock
loose a plug or wire. Next remove the coil to distributer wire at the
distributer and while someone cranks over the engine see if you can
get spark. This will tell you if the problem is in the primary or
secondary part of the ignition system. Be careful as there is a lot of
voltage here and you can get hurt if not done safely. Let's assume no
spark. Check again the wires on the ballast resistors, and coil. If
you don't see anything wrong use a test light or meter and see if you
are getting any voltage on the coil. Now let's assume no voltage at
the coil. Check fuse # 1. Refering to M:18:04 check for voltage at UY
and W at the ballast resitors. If you get voltage and the fuse is good
then you are left with a bad ECU, or pickup coil in the dist. The most
common failure point is either a loose plug to the pickup coil or a
bad coil. It is highly unlikely a part failed during a tune-up. The
most likely problem is you knocked a wire off somewhere or the plug to
the pickup coil.

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 01:24:36 EST
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Where does it go 2nd attempt

Paul,

       If you'd like to see that same vacuum tube from the other side of the
pontoon, simply pull up the carpet on the parcel shelf and remove the cover
behind the drivers seat ( the one over the ignition module). There you should
see that same vacuum line coming into the car from the rear, just under the
hood latch pull. It goes from there into the center console and finally ends
in the A/C control switch. From the fire wall back, it goes out into the
pontoon, out into the engine compartment, to the hot water valve which is
just in front of the engine.

John Weaver
ETDOC
RED DMC #10527

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 01:30:12 EST
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

Mike,

    Maybe the plug going to the distributor has gotten disconnected while you
were working back there?  That would kill the spark.  Just a thought.

Later,
Nick
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/njp548">http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>
Happy Holidays!

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 02:14:05 -0500
From: "Palatinus, Joe" <jopalatinus_at_dml_davidson.edu>
Subject: Seal Problems

I leave my car outside all he time, and since I have been at college for a
while, I forget how dirty I left the car, but sometime I would leave the car
and swaer that the interior was clean and come back in a week, and find
leaves inside the passenger foot well.  On my way home from school I turned
on the fans only to get blasted in the face by leaves and pieces of grass,
which I am sure are still clogging up m climate control system.. My
passenger complains of a draft in the foot well, and when driving, I can
feel it, but I see no visible gaping holes!  It seems that if leaves are
getting in (let alone water) than I probably have something that needs to be
sealed.  Any ideas?

Thanks
Joe Palatinus
VIN 17167 6808

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 06:21:57 -0500
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com

Is there power at the coil when cranking? Is there power at the ballast resistor? Does the tach needle move when ignition is on or cranking? Is the primary wire from coil to distributor good? Is the ECU connected up properly? Is the trigger wire from coil to ECU disconnected. Is the rotor installed correctly? (It's possible to miss the slot and still get the cap on). Were you working in the ECU compartment behind the drivers seat? Have you checked the ECU grounds? Does ECU have power? Get your wiring diagram out. Have you checked the inductor coil. Earlier posts to the list contain details on the inductor coil located in the distributor itself.

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 06:44:01 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Supercharger retrofit

Try your local flea markets and auto swap meets.  Years ago, me and my
friends built "race" engines using used parts that we had scrounged up at
swap meets.  Low buck and fast cars.
Scott Mueller
DMCNEWS 002981
DOA 5031

Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 08:44:53 -0500
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>
Subject: RE: TYRE WEAR SAGA

Don at DMC Garden Grove sells a adjustable rear link.  I think the DMC
MidWest club may also sell one.

They will allow you to adjust the rear camber on the car.  I have a set
of Don's on my car, and they work great!