From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1000
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2002 8:34 AM

1. Re: Turns over, doesn't start.
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Summit Point's Jefferson Circuit
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

3. stainless and aluminum Delorean shift knobs for sale
From: "Casey Putsch" <chaparral2a002_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Any owners near Gainesville, FL?
From: Wade Shapiro <shapiro3_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

5. Re: Idle Speed Microswitch/Timing
From: shain_at_dml_elecmods.com

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:41:34 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Turns over, doesn't start.

You need to determine if it is a fuel or ignition problem. When it
won't start again check to see if there is spark. If there isn't
any I would suspect the pick-up coil in the distributer or the
ignition coil, (assuming no loose connections in the primary circuit).

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:21:03 EDT
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Summit Point's Jefferson Circuit

This is from my NSX club, as it also applies to the DeLorean owners.

    Club Vitesse is having a track day at Summit Point's Jefferson Circuit
Saturday June 1.
There will be a diverse group of cars, including some vintage
sportscars, with lots of track time.  There will be SIX sessions
(compared with the normal four for most track days), with instructors
available.  Cost is $225.  Limited to 30-36 cars, so run groups will be
10-12 cars each.   Pls. email Dermot McDermott at DERMOTMCDERMOTT(AT)cs.com
for further details and an application.   Feel free to forward this
email to interested parties.

    In addition, for those interested in sponsorship in the Washington, DC
Grand Prix sponsored by Panoz, Cadillac, Bentley, etc., please email me _at_dml_
MichaelRPack1(AT)cs.com... The response has been tremendous.
    Additionally, I have been informed that the American Le Mans committee
has sent sponsorship info, inviting the DeLorean service facilities and
DeLorean Owners Association to participate as well.

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:25:42 -0400
From: "Casey Putsch" <chaparral2a002_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: stainless and aluminum Delorean shift knobs for sale

I case you haven't seen the new machined shift knobs for Deloreans yet, go
check them out at http://putschdesign.tripod.com/PPD/ There is a stainless
and aluminum shereical replacement knobs and also two racier aluminum knobs
especialy for Deloreans. In the near future I hope to have shift patterns
available to those who want them.

Sincerely, Casey

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:44:02 -0400
From: Wade Shapiro <shapiro3_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Any owners near Gainesville, FL?

I have always loved DeLoreans, and since I graduate college next week I
am more seriously thinking about getting one within the next year.
 Unfortunately, I have only gotten to ride in one and that was a few
years ago so I don't remember it much.  I was wondering if there is
anyone near Gainesville, FL (or anywhere in North/Central Florida) that
wouldn't mind showing off their car one day and taking me for a
spin....I won't go as far as to ask for a test drive of somebody's baby
:)  My main concern is acceleration...I know they are not speed demons,
and I am used to driving Corvettes which are in a whole different
league, but do they feel peppy or do they feel underpowered?  If I
bought one it would have to be a 5-speed as I am a diehard manual
transmission fan.

Please contact me off the list at my e-mail address below.

Thanks,
Wade Shapiro
wshapiro_at_dml_shapiroins.com

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:06:49 -0400 (EDT)
From: shain_at_dml_elecmods.com
Subject: Re: Idle Speed Microswitch/Timing

I don't know about the timing problem,  but make sure the electrical connector is on the solenoid (very easy to knock of when doing the wires), and that the vacumn lines are on the solenoid/vacumn advance correctly.  Check the lines and make sure there on the vac switch under the intake, attached to the water hose.  May have pulled one of while doing the tune up.

- Shain