From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1064
Date: Saturday, June 08, 2002 8:57 AM

1. Re: Re: Oil sender?
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Oil sender?
From: "daveswingle2" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

3. Re: Memphis Pics
From: "daveswingle2" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

4. Re: Interior and coolant question
From: "iqmpike" <iqmpike_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. unfortunate news
From: "sk1pper_landry" <skipper_at_dml_sk1pper.com>

6. Re: Oil sender?
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

7. Re: vendors and other scammers (Long Reply Again)
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:24:57 EDT
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Oil sender?

Dave (and list)
Hate to be anal but this car does this to me....you mentioned a "new"
sender...can i use my existing one...you mentioned a new one..a new seal?
sender? thanks for your advice on this and everything else you write

mike c

Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 01:40:39 -0000
From: "daveswingle2" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Re: Oil sender?

Sorry - should have said "sealant" - like thread compound.

I prefer replace things like this, since generally I don't like doing
the work twice, and often the leak is not at the threads but thru the
switch/sender itself.

Dave S

Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 01:55:51 -0000
From: "daveswingle2" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Re: Memphis Pics

I'll be uploading pictures nightly (connection permitting) from
Memphis. They will be on the DMCNEWS.COM page at
http://www.dmcnews.com/memphis02/memphis.html - currently where the
caravan information is now. I'll post a note to the list when it's
updated.

I'll also set up a do-it-yourself section in the YahooGroup Photo
page. Look for "MEMPHIS2002" and please add folders inside for your photos.

Dave Swingle

Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 02:04:58 -0000
From: "iqmpike" <iqmpike_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Interior and coolant question

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_p...> wrote:
> 3. Coolant leaks should not be ignored.  Pressure test the system
and find it.  If you need to replace the radiator, it is not the
worst thing in the world.  I found it very easy to do with the
spoiler, grille, and shroud removed (no need to drop the anti-sway
bar).

I have to take the whole front off the car?  Man.... maybe I should
pay someone to do it... the only problem I run into is I don't trust
anyone to work on it (i have seen to many cars used for tool shelves
and find cigarette burns in my wife's car, and we dont smoke)....

I can do simple tasks (I have changed the tail light circuit boards,
put in a tankzilla, installed the overheat protector, put in a new
headlight switch, and a new brake light switch).. but those are
simple... removing the whole front of the car is probably beyond my
ability... I've been contemplating joining the North California
Delorean Owners association since they are closer than anyone else
(i live in New Mexico)... i could probably pay a group member to
come up and do it...

thanks for the info!
mike

Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 02:15:16 -0000
From: "sk1pper_landry" <skipper_at_dml_sk1pper.com>
Subject: unfortunate news

As some of you know I have had some unfortunate happenings with my
car. Things are going fine as far as the repairs and it looks like
she will be running in great shape real soon. I have lots of new
parts and updates being done. Unfortunately however, I will have to
let someone else enjoy my all work.

Last friday (5/31/02) I was informed that a childhood illness has
returned and I was rediagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome. It is
something that was unexpected, but cannot be ignored as it cannot be
stopped in my case. I do have some time left, but this has made me
reorganize my priorities and my car is not one of them. I will have
my DeLorean all complete and ready for inspection and sale between
the end of June and the middle of July. I will ba taking lots of
pictures and putting it up on e-bay and all the local sales
magazines. I am not goig to try to sell her for any profit and I want
to sell it quickly so there is less stress on my family later.

She has a lot of history and I love her alot, but I cannot be selfish
and leave my family with unnecessary burdens. She will be sold by
July's end for whatever it brings. I will intertain any offer over
10K and will be happy to presell her if someone is sincerely
interested.

I am letting this group know so maby if anyone knows someone that
wants a DeLorean they can contact me for her sale.

I am completely saddened that I will not be able to see my dreams and
plans come to reality with this car. If God sees fit to and spairs
me, I will own another one day, but today is not that day.

Please do not trouble the moderators with notes here as thay have
alot to contend with as it is. Feel free to e-mail me privately with
any information you may have concerning a new owner.

thank you all for your support,

Skipper Landry skipper(AT)sk1pper.com

Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 02:44:46 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

You CAN reseal your sender switch. Remove it from the motor,
disassemble, clean, (with alcohol) and reassemble using silicone
sealer as you go. A little goes a long way so use sparingly. It seems
that they mostly leak from the stem, not where they screw into the
motor but a SMALL dab will prevent any leaks when you reinstall. Again
inspect the wire where it comes down alongside the motor, the heat
makes it crispy (brittle). You can also test the light by grounding
the wire, when you touch it to ground the oil light should illuminate.
It should also light up as you turn the key and before you start the
motor as there is no oil pressure at that point.

Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 23:00:32 EDT
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Re: vendors and other scammers (Long Reply Again)

Sorry Marty,
Last thing I wanted to do was offend you. You have every right to market and
sell what ever you see fit. It's your right. And as long as people choose to
take advantage of what you offer at the price you set, then perhaps that is
all the justification you need. On the other hand, for those of us who will
not be buying your shock kit, since we can make or source the  $194.00
spacers and collars ourselves, how about volunteering the part numbers and
cross refs for the Gabriel and Monroe units you're selling, strictly for the
benefit of the Delorean community?
Jim