From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1069
Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 9:58 AM

1. Re: Burned DeLorean :(
From: Jason Pucci <jasonsdlo_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: Sunstar Gold DeLorean
From: "dmcman82" <dmcman73_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: melted fuses
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Gold Sunstar Model
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

5. 1988 EAGLE RENAULT 3.0 V-6 ENGINE for sale
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

6. Re: New DeLorean Parts and vendors (SS frames)
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: New DeLorean Parts (TAB's specifically)
From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

8. Re: New DeLorean Parts (TAB's specifically)
From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

9. Re: rear fascia removal
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>

10. New to the Group
From: Mauricio Mesa <mesa_mauricio_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. what motor oil is best for the delorean?
From: "fluxmcfly" <bfreyguy_at_dml_aol.com>

12. Re: vendors etc.
From: darryl_at_dml_techline.com

13. dallas to memphis
From: "dloreanboy" <dloreanboy_at_dml_aol.com>

14. VINs 6758 and 6760
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_online.no>

15. Re: Shift Pattern
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>

16. Re: Re: Decision has been made: Supercharger
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

17. Memphis Information
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

18. Re: Stainless Steel
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

19. Leesburg, Virginia sighting
From: "Rob Hook" <rob_hook_at_dml_cavtel.net>

20. Re: Burned DeLorean :(
From: "txgrnbrt" <txgrnbrt_at_dml_yahoo.com>

21. Headin' to Memphis
From: "daveswingle2" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

22. Delorean Show Mileage Tracker
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

23. DeLorean Hood w/ Gas Flap
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

24. simple question - hood dome light connector
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

25. Coolant system help plz!
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 06:01:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jason Pucci <jasonsdlo_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Burned DeLorean :(

 Derrick,
I am sorry to hear about your car!  Is the stainless steel "T" panel on the roof of the car intact?  If so, I would be interested in purchasing it from you.  A previous owner of my car mounted a cell phone antenna through the "T" panel, and he antenna base (the size of a half-dollar) is still there (otherwise there would be a hole). Please reply directly to me.
Thanks,
Jason Pucci

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:14:41 -0000
From: "dmcman82" <dmcman73_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Sunstar Gold DeLorean

If it was available it would have been posted on their site stating
it was available. I know that when the original Delorean came out
and the BTTF one DMC Houston was the first the obtain the models and
the first to sell them since that's what they agreed with Sunstar to
do (Lic issue). If Houston dosn't have them yet then no one does.

Steve

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., Jack The Stripper <motti_at_dml_o...> wrote:
> Thanks Steve.
>
> For half the price I'll have to get it from them rather than the
place I
> got the regular one at.
>
> Someone said that the gold one is available already, but that site
has it listed as

> available in November.  Do you know what the story is on this?
Thanks.

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:22:17 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: melted fuses

A #7 meltdown is not common but does happen. The cause is too high a
draw and oxidation  and loose fuseholder contacts. The usual repair is
to remove the wires from the fuseholder and install an in-line
fuseholder. NEVER OVERFUSE. That is never use a bigger fuse than
specified as it will change the protection of the circuit and wiring.
It is a little ironic that the part that is supposed to protect the
car from damage can actually damage the car! Let this be a lesson to
all owners to inspect the fuseholder occasionaly, this is a case of
"out of sight, out out of mind". The "hidden" areas of the car MUST be
watched. During Tech sessions where the Delorean venders look over
cars many times very obvious things are found, all the owner had to do
was look and they would have seen these things for themselves way
before. If you don't have a Fanzilla I recomend keeping a constant eye
on the "Fan Fail Bypass" wire as they have been known to melt. If you
start to smell something unusual the first place to look is in the
fuseholder area. Also look at the battery once in a while for loose
connections, battery acid leakage, or broken hold-down strap.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., Mark Fearer <mfearer_at_dml_m...> wrote:
>  Hi all. I apologize if this is in an archive somewhere. I went to
start
> my car after the winter hibernation. Cranked, but would not turn
> over. Adding some gas directly to the carb would start the engine,
but as
> soon as that fuel burned up, the engined stalled. In troubleshooting
the
> fuel pump, found the fuse for the fuel pump melted in the fuse box.
Common
> problem? Faulty, rusty, intermittent wiring? I am thinking of
doctoring a
> fused by-pass, but using the same fuel pump wire. Any
ideas/alternate

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:57:55 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Gold Sunstar Model

Spoke with my contact at Sunstar yesterday, and the gold DeLorean has not
yet even been approved for production. He was in China last week and saw a
few prototypes that they are experimenting with the finish on. He said in no
uncertain terms that anyone who was quoting a delivery date of any kind was
making it up.

James Espey
NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBERS
DeLorean Motor Company
15023 Eddie Drive
Humble, Texas 77396

281/441-2537 Voice
281/441-2813 Fax
800/USA-DMC1

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:18:18 EDT
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: 1988 EAGLE RENAULT 3.0 V-6 ENGINE for sale

This is a used 3.0 V-6 engine removed from an '88 Eagle Premier. Make offer.

Mike
Senatorpack(AT)cs.com

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:18:57 EDT
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: New DeLorean Parts and vendors (SS frames)

In a message dated 6/11/02 10:48:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net writes:

> First, Pearce Design has sold at least 4 SS frames in the last year.
> (I know this for a fact since I purchased 2 of the frames myself)
>

> Pearce Design makes an extremely high quality product.  Re-design and
> improvements on the original Delorean frame design has resulted in a
> product that brings the Delorean automobile up to a new level.

   List,  I have to agree with Rich on this 100%.  The last time I was in
Chicago I had the opportunity to spend a few hours with Bryan Pearce and his
Dad out in their workshop looking over the SS frames and other parts they are
making. The design and engineering time that has gone into these parts is
incredible and the workmanship that Bryan and his Dad perform on these parts
is fantastic. 1st class - top quality all the way. I have a whole new respect
for the work involved in producing the Delorean frame in stainless steel.
When it comes to working with stainless, these guys are true craftsmen and
they possess both the knowledge and the skills to do it right. When in
Memphis, make sure you look at the stainless frame they have on display and
when you look, look closely at the workmanship that has gone into it.
Extremely nice work guys !

   Marty

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:39:30 -0000
From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: New DeLorean Parts (TAB's specifically)

Marc - I appreciate your confusion in this matter.  When I said that I
checked the torque at every tech session, this was before I developed
the new bolts.  I still do a quick check in the area, but it's to
verify that the installation is secure, not necessarily to retighten
the bolts.  For people who still have the OEM bolts installed, I
believe that joint loosens from two primary causes - bolt stretch, and
the wear that results to the washers and sleeves as the joint moves.
A joint with proper clamp-up should never have rotational forces on
the bolts or nuts that would overcome the installation torque.  That
means that, if the bolt is up to the task, the nut should never come
loose.  We use a self-locking nut just to be on the safe side.  My
concept of a torque check is to set the torque wrench at 50 ft-lbs,
hold one end with a wrench, and check to see if the torque wrench
clicks without rotation of the bolt or nut.  My numbers suggest that
the bolts can be stressed to near yield by torqueing to the high side
of the range, and also by bending loads imparted by driving.  The
bolts that you referred to as being replaced after each use are
actually designed to be torqued up to the elastic limit to maximize
the preload on the bolt.  The bolt has been taken to it's limit, and
should therefore be replaced rather than being reused.  The TAB's
should never be loaded up to the elastic limit in a joint with severe
bending loads, and a corrosive environment.  My bolts never experience
stresses even close to the elastic limit of the inconel 718.  The OEM
bolts are "moaning and groaning", while the TOBY-TAB's aren't even
breaking a sweat.  I hope that all of this rambling makes some sense
to you.

>please do not take this as an attack on you or your project.

No problem.  If I can't properly explain my design and analysis, then
it's my problem for not efficiently and effectively communicating with
the DeLorean community.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_p...> wrote:
> Toby,
>
> Your statement below confused me.
>
> First you say you torque your bolts 2-3 times a year, and then you
explain how the bolt stretches.  Is it possible you stressed your bolt
while re-torque so often?

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:53:39 -0000
From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

Martin - During my activities changing out TAB's and generally
checking the condition of other people's suspensions, I have run
across some cars that seem to be more "accurately made" than others.
In checking TAB's in these cars, the bolts slid easily out, with no
apparent preloads or misalignments.  There was very little evidence of
wear or distress on the bolts, or on the other components in the
joint.  The owners of these few cars wanted new TAB's anyway, but I
was struck by the easy removal and installation of the bolts.  By
contrast, other cars required a large hammer, pry bars, and a certain
amount of swearing and cursing to get the old bolts out, and the new
bolts went in with some minor degree of difficulty.  As is the case
with all of these beautiful cars, there is a large variation in how
they were put together.  You obviously have one of these rare gems
that were assembled correctly and accurately.  Hang on to her.  Alas,
I will not be in Memphis for the "Big Show".  Timing was very bad for
me this year, so I have asked some of my fellow PNDC members who will
be there to take lots of pictures, and give the rest of us a full
report.  Thanks for your continued interest in supporting this unique
automobile.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_d...> wrote:
 My position is simply based on having a low mileage car with
suspension components in 99% condition. My TABs are not rusty, nor
bent, and are torqued properly.

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:08:57 -0400
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: rear fascia removal

Ha!

Mark's right.  What was I thinking about?  We're still both talking about
removing the whole assembly, but I did forget about some nuts.  They're
pretty insignificant and very easy to remove.  So easy I forgot doing it
totally...  But they are definitely there.  seven ( i think) on the
bottom and two on the outside (right and left).  Plus you have to remove
the engine cover latch cable.  You can do this from the little
compartment cover near the latch.  It is a pain, and you may not have to
disconnect it if you don't mind not moving the facia very far.

I dont think you need to remove the tail lights like mark said, just the
one connector that plugs into the car...

Jim 1537

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:08:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mauricio Mesa <mesa_mauricio_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: New to the Group

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the group and excited to learn as much as
possible about this neat car.

My exotic car history started in high school when I
bought a Porsche 914.  I then owned a 914 GT along
with the 914.  Then about 2 years ago I traded the 914
GT for a stunning Yellow 1977 Lotus Esprit S1.  The
catch was the Lotus was in mint customized restored
form but the engine was blown.  $10K later I have
completed the mechanical restoration, boosted the
naturally aspirated engine to 190 HP (very close to
the Turbos 210 HP).  My other current car is a Red
1987 TVR 280i convertible which I purchased from a
collector for a very reasonable price with only 10K
original miles.  After getting the minor details of
the TVR worked out for a very reasonable amount, I
have sold my Infiniti and now use it as my daily
driver.

I share my recent history with you all because the De
Lorean has plenty in common with the Lotus and the
TVR.  I also share it with you because I believe like
the Lotus and the TVR, the De Lorean is an underrated
fantastic exotic.  Like the Lotus Esprit, the De
Lorean was designed by Guigiaro of ItalDesign and
partially engineered by Colin Chapman of Lotus
(fiberglass body and steel Y frame).  Like the TVR it
uses mass produced proven key mechanical components
that make it affordable to maintain and reliable for
daily use (e.g. Renault PVR vs. German Ford
"Cologne").

The other reason I point out my history is because I
like owning cars that are unique and which with
tasteful improvements/restoration can bring to their
potential within reason (No rigs please).

I would like to learn specifically about the costs
involved and modifications available for the Renault
PVR engine, it could use 50 HP or more.  Also the
costs involved in painting the outer panels, mike mine
dark metallic forest green in honor of its home
country Ireland.  Has anyone redone their leather
interior, thinking of dark tan or red clay color for
this one.  Finally, classic 3 Piece BBS rims or
tasteful similar design rims.  What a wish list, hugh.
 Perhaps in the next 2 years I will be able to build
my ultimate De Lorean with everyones help.  I could
have not build my dream Lotus Esprit without the Yahoo
Groups help.

I apologize if my email is too long.  Don't mean to
offend anyone.  Look forward to being a future owner
of another underrated exotic.

Mauricio Mesa
South Florida
Lotus Esprit S1
TVR 280i
De Lorean ?????
Maserati Quattroporte ?????

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:21:02 -0000
From: "fluxmcfly" <bfreyguy_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: what motor oil is best for the delorean?

What kind of oil is best for my delorean? Any help would be
appreciated very much.
 thanks
 Brian

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:58:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: darryl_at_dml_techline.com
Subject: Re: vendors etc.

> Why don't some of the vendors do this?
> Put forward an offer on a part that will be reproduced. Let people
> pre-order, and hold the credit card on file...so when the part has
> been reproduced they charge the card and ship it out.
> This method could boost development time for replacement DMC parts
> of higher quality...

I suspect Toby is too much of a gentleman to respond directly to this, but not
having that character flaw, I'm going to jump in.  As most of you know, Toby,
the Boeing materials engineer and consumate hard-driving DeLorean nut, took it
upon himself to design the ultimate high-tech fix for what he (and most of us)
considers one of the worst safety-related shortcomings of this vehicle.  The
product he came up with, the aerospace-quality "Toby-TAB' trailing arm bolt,
was going to be an expensive part, so he polled the DML community for support
prior to embarking. He didn't ask for a "credit card commitment" up front as
suggested above, just an indication of interest.  As a vendor for 16 years, and
friend of his for the same, I agreed to put up half the up-front costs based on
the strong response received.  We agreed to produce 100 sets of bolts, to be
marketed at only very slightly over actual cost in order to keep the expense at
the minimum as a service to the owners.  Our motives were totally altruistic,
although I could of course see the side benefit of increased traffic to my
website and business.  With some 6,000 - 8,000 cars on the road, and the
support expressed, how hard could it be to sell 100 sets?

Harder than we thought.  After 5+ months of fairly high visibility on the DML
we have sold exactly 59 sets.  Many of those who expressed initial support
never came through with orders.  But more surprising has been the "experts"
(which the DML seems to have a surplus of) who discounted the need for them in
spite of our continued experience with near and total failures.  Just like my
remote door opener kits and Marty's shocks, there seems to be no end to the
number of people willing to say how unnecessary or (in one memorable exchange)
poorly designed they are, yet NOT ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT from anyone who actually
stepped up and purchased one.  Not to sound like a total whiner, but come on,
guys.  Thats not very condusive to others to try to develop new products for
our cars.  We need to be supportive of the efforts of the Robs and Joes and
Martys (and Tobys) of the community, or we will all pay the price in the end.

Was it worth putting up close to 6 grand to see so little (less than 1%)
interest in the TABs?  Not from a business perspective.  But we who support the
hobby the rest of you enjoy will keep doing it.  Or most will.  Its up to you.
Darryl T.
Specialty Automotive

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:19:20 -0000
From: "dloreanboy" <dloreanboy_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: dallas to memphis

Bill and I will be leaving Dallas at 5-6am Thursday, plan on being
Little Rock for lunch (noonish)  traveling I-30 to I-40, anyone
traveling this route and time? Would like to caravan! Give us a call
214-522-1018 or
e-mail deloreanboyz_at_dml_sbcglobal.net
  My brother drove this route a couple weeks ago to memphis plan on
construction delays and road work from just before I-40 Little Rock
all way to Memphis he said it was terrible!

See ya'll in Memphis

John Yerskey & Bill Winegard
Vin #03358

P.S. We are bringing Items to sell including Stainless Steel Illusions
(several Copies) and most of our collection and also Our Cleveland
Concours car is for sale...Lost my job after 12 years and we also had
to move because of job. Need Money!

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:40:00 +0200
From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean_at_dml_online.no>
Subject: VINs 6758 and 6760

Hi,
This may be a shot in the dark, but still...
Does anyone on the list own VIN # 6758 and 6760 ?

My DeLorean VIN # 6759 was originally sold for the first time in New York.
I'd like to know who has the sister/brother DeLorean to mine :-)

Very best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:47:52 +0100
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Shift Pattern

The luck worked.....

Thanks Jim I now have an easy to get to reverse gear......

Cheers

www.paul.salsbury.btinternet.co.uk

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:58:56 -0500
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Decision has been made: Supercharger

you can actually go over 6lbs of boost but the heads or block must be machined to
receive an o-ringed head gasket if they even make the gasket for the prv engine. also
you need a greater amount of fuel and some type of high performance ignition unit with
adjustible timing controls. fel-pro makes these type of gaskets and i dont know if they
have an application for the prv v6.

mark

..Use blow-off

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:46:55 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Memphis Information

To All:

I expect to be in Memphis sometime tomorrow evening. If you have any service
issues you can find me in our mobile van at the Pavilion inside the
Graceland RV & Campgrounds. This facility is conveniently located within
walking distance from Graceland.

Please feel free to drop by for some beverage snacks and DeLorean talk. See
ya' there!

PS Bill Lane has written a very useful article describing his preparations
for the long trip. Included is a list of suggested items to load up in your
D in case you have a problem. The article is titled Memphis Or Bust and can
be found at http://www.geocities.com/dmcjoe/dmcjoe.html

Regards,
DMC Joe (Joe LoRe')

Tech Information, DMC Joe Help Club, & Store
See You In Memphis!
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:06:23 -0400
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Stainless Steel

Murray,

Thanks for the information. Now I know even more about this great material.
By the way I have an article on stainless steel I wrote several years ago;
check it out http://www.geocities.com/dmcjoe/stainless.html

See You In Memphis!

DMC Joe  http://www.geocities.com/dmcjoe/dmcjoe.html

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:24:09 -0400
From: "Rob Hook" <rob_hook_at_dml_cavtel.net>
Subject: Leesburg, Virginia sighting

I saw a DMC-12 headed West on Rt. 7 into Leesburg, VA today at around 6:00.
Was it anyone on the list by chance?  I was the red Viper heading in the
other direction.

--Rob

Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:02:00 -0000
From: "txgrnbrt" <txgrnbrt_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Derrick,

I would be interested in knowing who the insurance company is that
denied your claim.

Secondly, have you consulted with a lawyer? These insurance companies
sometimes don't get serious about paying off unless a lawyer is
involved.

Good luck, and don't give up -- that's what the insurance company is
counting on you to do!

Jim

Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 02:42:35 -0000
From: "daveswingle2" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Headin' to Memphis

Car is about packed, (how do I fit all of that crap in that little
car). . .

Moderation for the next day or so may be a little spotty - all of the
moderators are either a)going to Memphis, or b)doing other traveling.
We've got it covered, but it there may be a few long stretches.

Be sure to tune in at www.dmcnews.com - I'll be doing daily uploads
from Graceland (phone-line access permitting). The Memphis page is
linked from the main page. Right now it's the  caravan coordination page, I'll tear that down shortly.

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:46:24 -0400
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Delorean Show Mileage Tracker

It might be a little late for this reminder, but if you've registered your
Memphis trip at the Delorean Show Mileage Tracker, you might want to go back
and enter your starting mileage for your trip (or just take note of it and
enter it later!)

http://www.eskin.net/delorean/tracker.php

Thanks,

-Hank Eskin #1619

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:26:24 EDT
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: DeLorean Hood w/ Gas Flap

    I'm having a chest operation later this week. I received a Blockbuster
Gift Basket from my old fraternity brothers as get well soon present. One of
the DVD's in the basket was National Lampoon's Vacation.
    Does the Station wagon that they drive in "The Family Truckster" have an
early 1981 DeLorean hood painted green?

Best Wishes,
Michael

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:16:48 -0400
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: simple question - hood dome light connector

While preparing for Memphis, I pulled one of the two connectors between the
hood and the front fascia that power the dome light in the hood.  The other
end dropped into that little hole in the fascia area, and for the life of
me, I can't figure out how to fish it back out. I can see it down there, but
can't reach it with needle pliers.
  What do I need to remove (and how) to get that little connector back out?
I'll be on the road to Knoxville tomorrow, so hopefully I can fix it when I
arrive there.

thanks,

-Hank #1619

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:49:12 -0500
From: "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Coolant system help plz!

Welp,

While tryin to get ready for Memphis, today I decided to flush the radiator.
Since I've done the engine swap, I haven't had any probs out of the cooling
system at all. I just thought it would be a good precaution.  Well, now, as
luck would have it, I apparently have air trapped in the system.  I've tried
everything to get the air out, but b/c its a 4.3, I don't have a bleed
screw.  Does anyone have any suggestions for bleeding out the system if the
DeLorean didn't have a bleed screw?    Also, I've heard different things
from good sources about the front air shroud (for lack of a better term)
that covers up the radiator. (not the air dam, but the black cover over the
radiator)  I was wondering if running the car without this would help
cooling, hurt the cooling, or have no effect.  One reliable source says the
DeLorean has to have it to cool properly, another source says there are LOTS
of DeLoreans running around without them and even run cooler without it.
Any advice on either prob would be GREATLY appreciated!  I'm tryin to make
it to Memphis with the D, now I'm kickin myself for messin with it! :(

Thanks in advance!

Duke
'94 Chevy 4.3 Vortec conversion
www.geocities.com/at88mph_1999