From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1073
Date: Saturday, June 15, 2002 6:22 AM

1. Memphis Update
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

2. RE: "Resurrected Barn Relic"
From: mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net

3. Re: "Resurrected Barn Relic"
From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

4. Re: Burned DeLorean :(
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. Burned DeLorean pictures
From: "Derrick Viane" <clarion9375r_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: Re: slight idle problem and acceleration noise
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: slight idle problem and acceleration noise
From: "basfe25" <drrub46_at_dml_hotmail.com>

8. Re: RE: Vendors, new product development...
From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

9. Memphis Update
From: "daveswingle2" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 01:02:19 -0500
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Memphis Update

Be sure to check www.dmcnews.com for today's update - almost
live from Memphis. Everyone's here, the worlds largest
collection of wet DeLoreans.

Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:19:35 -0400
From: mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net
Subject: RE: "Resurrected Barn Relic"

Group,
I found this red Delorean in a barn.  I was at a car show when a guy walked up to me while I was showing my car (ELMO at that time) and he said ". . .I painted that car".  He also said he knew where another one was at that time.  So I asked where it was located and he told me about the barn red Delorean.  Sure enough when I went to go look at the car the car was located under bales of hay, so saga of the barn red Delorean was born.  I mentioned this car at a Pacfic Northwest Delorean Club meeting and a member was very interested.  We went up and looked at the car and after some hard thought the car was bought.

Jim Sawyer
vin 4149 "Camille" formaly known as ELMO
"_designer_" <_designer__at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm glad I wandered back to the DML after a 5 year absence... the
>Yahoo Groups interface is a nice touch.
>
>I would like to find out more about the DMC who's photo is posted in
>the group's album (Posted: 28-Feb-2002 by tmpintnl)...  The red DMC.
>Please e-mail me or write to the list with a little history.  Sorry
>if info already exists on this car.  I searched the archives but
>found nothing :(

>moderator_at_dml_dmcnews.com

Jim Sawyer
DeLorean Vin #4149

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop_at_dml_Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/

Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 00:04:51 -0000
From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

A brief story is told in message post #23583.  The car is currently in
my barn getting some cosmetic customization work done.  We are working
up a new headlight/driving light/turn signal treatment for it that
should turn out to be interesting.  There are a number of other
cosmetic modifications that are planned.  The frame issues are still
to be resolved - some impact damage from a tall curb.  The engine is
running well.  There are some issues with brakes - corrosion in the
calipers.  We have new calipers to be installed this weekend.  There
are some missing pieces for the driver's side door latches, but I have
supplied some spare parts to correct that.  The car was painted after
it suffered some impact damage, and was repaired using standard body
work techniques, rather than panel replacement.  I understand from the
owner that the car will eventually get a black paint job (probably).
I am not sure what else I can add at this time.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 (mine - not the red one)
Winged1

Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:57:06 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Burned DeLorean :(

'Tis time to consult an attorney.  Not only should you receive compensation
for the loss, but the Ins. Co. should then cover your legal expenses.    Sic
'em, & hold on.    Drive Stainless   Robert VIN 6924

From: "Derrick Viane" <clarion9375r_at_dml_hotmail.com>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Burned DeLorean :(
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 03:14:12 +0000

Well Group back about two weeks after 9-11  I wrote to tell you all that my
D was burned to the ground.  Well here is an update.  It was determined that
the fire was intentionaly set.  At this time I still have no solid leads as
to who might have done this.  The insurance company has denied my claim on
the basis of "misrepresentation of facts and circumstances surrounding the
loss"  which means that they think I had something to do with it, which I
did not, and I don's think they have any evidence to support it because they
have not charged me.  In the first denial letter they gave a very vauge
reason why the denied it and finally after several failed attempts to
elaborate I went to the insurance commission and they got a little more but
still not much.
     The reason I am writing you is to ask all of you parts junkies what you
might offer me for whats left of my car so that I might fight my insurance
co.  As of right now I do not have a place to host all of the images for
whats left and as soon as I can find a host I will let everybody know.  In
the mean time I can give a general idea of whats left;  whole front portion
of car hood w/pleats & flap, both quarters, both front rims, pretty much
everything from the wipers forward.  I am sure the frame is still good
(Automatic) I am unsure of the engine becase the engine compartment
sustained heavy damage. Possibly the back rims.  That is a basic rundown of
whats left.  Like I said as soon as I can I will post some pics untill then
you can e-mail me direct at ghettodmc(at)ameritech.net.

until the next time

Derrick

Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:04:57 +0000
From: "Derrick Viane" <clarion9375r_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Burned DeLorean pictures

here is a link to the page on the DMC News page its under "Buy and Sell"
then "DMC Parts and Memorabilia for Sale" entitled "Burned DeLorean"

http://www.dmcnews.com/deptofcmrce/_forsale/000000b8.htm

Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:34:54 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: slight idle problem and acceleration noise

In a message dated 6/13/02 6:11:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
rcheng_at_dml_eng.umd.edu writes:

> Two months ago, I have the exact same problem.  The cause of
> this problem is dirty fuel line.  One of my injector does not spray
> well.  Once the injector is cleaned, the car idle smoothly.

I have a hard time believing i have a dirty injector.  four months ago my
entire fuel system was serviced and evaluated by Grady and all bad parts were
replaced and the rest certified as ok.  any other ideas?

is there a good fuel system cleaner i could try running?  i am very skeptical
of that kind of stuff and do not want to ruin my fuel system with harsh
chemicals.

Andy

Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102

Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:51:59 -0000
From: "basfe25" <drrub46_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: slight idle problem and acceleration noise

This is a shot in the dark but usually a metallic rattle or high
pitch rattle on acceleration is usually ( like I said usually not
100%) the catalytic convertor. The honey comb inside breaks apart
and then rattles away in there at higher speeds when there is a high
force of exhaust passing through it. Also you might want to check to
make sure all the bolts are on the metal heat shields that are ontop
of the crossover pipes. They are mounted directly onto the pipe and
if a bolt rusts off or falls out then that shield will rattle.
 Another noise maker that will sound like "wooshing air" would be
the alternator as it's going bad. It will have a high pitch sound to
it and sorta sound like a whistle and turn into a grinding noise due
to the bearings going on it. Have someone rev the engine while in
neutral and the parking brakes on while your listening in the engine
compartment. Pay attention around the alternator and work your way
around.

Steve

Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 00:00:41 -0400
From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: RE: Vendors, new product development...

you might a good idea about the red blinker light at the edge of the side
mirror but have you really thought out the courtesy light facing down?  The
door would be up instead of out like most modern cars.

Just my 2 cents

Joseph
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 07:15:39 -0000
From: "daveswingle2" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

Friday update is posted at www.dmcnews.com - more tomorrow. A couple
of new project cars have surfaced - including the worlds first two-
engine DeLorean. Check the deloreancarshow.com site too, I have heard
photos are being posted there as well.

The weather cleared up, tonights entertainment was great... Tomorrow
is the Big Show.