From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1088
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 1:07 AM

1. Re: strange start problems << .I have a similar issue
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: heater fan shuts off now and then?
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

3. RE: a/c leak?
From: "K Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>

4. Rivnuts
From: "Chris" <chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:37:34 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: strange start problems << .I have a similar issue

Travis, The TTS could be stuck closed , they are not that expensive to
replace.  You may also in the ordeal have gas fouled he plugs to the point
they might need to be replaced. Drive it around for a while and check them
for proper burning. There is a chart on the web site. The wires would have to
be pretty bad to jump or broke rubber or something like that.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/engine.shtml

<< Could it be that the thermo-time switch was stuck closed and unplugging it
 caused it to be released, leaving it stuck open all the time?

 Early on, I was checking the spark at the plug and I couldn't get one. Will
 the spark jump out past the rubber sheath when grounded to the engine?

Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:43:33 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: heater fan shuts off now and then?

Brian, It's a common problem that the 4th speed in the heater fan/blower
motor will shut off. You can replace the circuit breaker and it will do it
again when on the fourth speed. I wouldn't advise uping the current on the
circuit breaker, just don't run the fans on 4th speed. Use 3rd as max. It
won't hurt for a while then when they shut off goto 3rd. 3rd and 4th go thru
the CB and 1st and 2nd go from the switch. You also have a relay for 3rd and
4th ea.
John hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/

<< Does anybody have an idea why my heater fan shuts off when running
 the ac.I'll have it on high then it with stop blowing or will blow on
 low,if you turn the fan switch to low then back to high it will work
 usauly.It does this quite a bit but not all the time.Could this be a
 bad switch or some type of power falure?Any thoughts would be
 appreciated
 v >>

Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:13:31 -0500
From: "K Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: a/c leak?

AutoZone had a red dye that didnot require a u/v light. I wouldn't do that
one for fear of it getting into carpets.....
I, too, am curious. I still haven't located my a/c "pressure release"
system. :)

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:38:47 +0100
From: "Chris" <chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Rivnuts

Whats the best way of removing Rivnets?, I have one where the bolt is solid
in the rivnet but  the bolt has no head, and the other bolt has a head but
again the bolt has sezed into the rivnut and the Rivnut turns in the
underbody. Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris S