From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1090
Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 4:39 AM

1. Re: DeLorean Car Show 2004.
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

2. Re: No fuel pressure
From: "Stragand, Dave" <dave.stragand_at_dml_ketchum.com>

3. Re: No fuel pressure
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:21:19 -0500
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Car Show 2004.

http://www.SmokyShadows.com/
is the website for the hotel we are staying at.

mark

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:33:41 -0400
From: "Stragand, Dave" <dave.stragand_at_dml_ketchum.com>
Subject: Re: No fuel pressure

Run a jumper wire across the RPM relay by connecting terminals No. 87
and No. 30 (they are marked on the relay.  It's the purple/white and the
brownish one kitty-corner from it). If you hear now hear the fuel pump
running, you know that the system is fine past the relay and that the
relay will need to be replaced.

The RPM relay is located in the relay compartment above the battery.
You can see a picture mapping its location at
http://www.projectvixen.com/images/rpm.jpg

Of course, it could be other things as well, including bad contacts at
the pump, or (the tricky one) the connector above the windshield washer
pump in the very front corner of the car.

-Dave Stragand

Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 04:03:25 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Hi Adam

You say there's no power going to the fuel pump and you then ask if it might be a bad
gound. How have you tested whether there's power to the pump? If you have simply put a
meter across the terminals  this is not a sufficient test.

Does the pump have a ground? The Black/Purple wire should be grounded through the inertia
switch, which may have been tripped. Check continuity on this.

Under the lock module there's a black box with a 6-way connector. This is the RPM relay.
Pull the plug off and check the brown wire is at 12v - this is permanent and irrespective
of ignition. Also on this 6-way connector is a white/purple wire. This is the 12v feed to
the fuel pump and you can force the pump to run by jumping the brown to the white/purple
wire. This is useful in an emergency and for testing purposes ONLY.