From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1101
Date: Thursday, July 04, 2002 6:06 PM

1. delorean scam
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

2. Re: Fw: DeLorean scam on the loose.... beware.
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

3. Re: Air con Compressor
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>

4. Re: My Door light is always on
From: "adam_one_million" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. event at DC American LeMans race Sat. 7/20 PLEASE R. S. V. P.
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

6. No spark
From: JVC220_at_dml_aol.com

7. cooling fans have electric brake?
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:42:18 -0500
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: delorean scam

i hope this isnt another sean mccorbet delorean scam on ebay. sellers name is your_sale.
two deloreans and two diffrent states.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1841148382
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1841457689

mark

Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 01:31:31 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: DeLorean scam on the loose.... beware.

I don't like to start rumors, and I certainly don't want to accuse anyone, but it
appears that this person may possibly be trying to sell another DeLorean that
is currently on eBay at the moment. Item # 1841457689 appears to be more
than a bit suspicious. The car states that it is located in Arizona (this person's
last know residence), but has North Carolina licence plates. Infact, upon
closer inspection, these are actually pictures of Mike Babbs former car! The
verbage used in the description also appears to match the past ads listed.
Another item that doesn't make sense is that this person also has listed
another car for sale in Long Island, NY at the same time!  There are also a
couple of discrepencies in the pics as well. but they are mostly trivial items.

Now I am not trying to accuse any one of anything, nor am I implying anything
directly, but I think that with the given climate of problems with cars that have
been purchased in online auctions recently, and the fact that one of these
cars appears to be falsely represented by photos which are not of it, these
vehicles, and their paperwork should be inspected first before any bidding
takes place.

In addition, there is another vehicle for sale nearby in Henderson, NV. If
anyone needs, I would be willing to try and inspect that car for them.

studying for my Security+ cert - can you tell? :)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl_at_dml_t...> wrote:
> *****  Moderator's Note  *****
> This seems legitimate.  If you are selling a car - hang on to that
> title until you get ALL of the money.  If you are buying, ALWAYS
> inspect the car personally or use a trusted intermediary.
>
> It's a jungle out there...
>
> Mike G  Moderator of the Week
>

> [Note to moderators - I'll let you be the judge of whether you want to run this.
I know Dave well enough to believe this, so it might be a good idea to let
others be aware of what is going on.]

> The following message was sent to me by a customer/former PNDC
member from Portland, OR.:

> >> Remember that I told you I sold my DeLorean.  Well, it turns out that the
guy who bought it was a scam artist.  The guy posed himself as "Sean
Corbett".  He was buying fixer-upper deloreans for dirt cheap price, then
placed them on e-bay as in "mint-condition"... car runs smoothly, no problems,
etc., and got bids as high as $25,000.  When the e-bay buyer finally received
the car, it was a piece of junk, and the guy vanishes.  Mine ended up on there.
He bought mine for $7,000, only sent me $3000 promising he'll send the rest
after it was on the truck, and never sent me the rest of the money.  I
outsmarted him by holding on to the title.  The guy who won the bid paid
$11,800 for it.  The rest was pure profit.  Anyways, he did that to 5 other known
people so far around the nation, and we have no idea where this guy is.  Now
I have to go repo this car from New York, and the guy who bought it is out
$11,800 (plus shipping -- $1300).  His name is Peter DeMazio.  He might
have called you for parts.

>   Now the FBI is involved in this case, and I wanted to let you know that this
guy is still out there scamming people.  Possibly may have moved on to other
collector cars.  But be on the lookout if you hear of anything strange.  Kind of
let the DeLorean community know that a scam artist is out on the loose.  We
are all out to get him, but there are no traces of him.  Will keep you posted if
we nab him.  Any leads, clues, or other known victims would help.  By the
way, all we know is that this guy lives (or used to live) in Scottsdale, Arizona.
According to police, he vacated his apartment 2 weeks ago.<<

> Check out ebay and search item # 1828491619.  I sold mine in Auto-Trader
asking $8000 as a fixer-upper, needs work, and this guy turns around and
does this.  The pictures are even all fake, copied from other ads.

Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 02:17:51 -0400
From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: Re: Air con Compressor

DON'T!!!!
If you run the compressor without proper lubrication and without pressure it
will go bad very quickly! The low pressure switch is there to protect the
compressor when the pressure is lost. Don't jump that switch. Find a place
localy that rebuilds compressors and have them test it for you. Try your
phone book or just go to an auto parts store and ask who rebuilds
compressors for them. That's what I did.

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6298 (FOR SALE)
tomcio_at_dml_gtemail.net

Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 09:05:47 -0000
From: "adam_one_million" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: My Door light is always on

My passenger side door also did this. The entire switch had been
pushed into the dashboard too far and so wasnt being fully depressed
by the door when shut.

adam

Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 21:23:54 EDT
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: event at DC American LeMans race Sat. 7/20 PLEASE R. S. V. P.

Subj:    Maryland NSX event at DC American LeMans race Sat. 7/20  PLEASE R.
S. V. P.

DeLorean Owners are invited to this event. The Lotus and other exotic clubs
will be attending...it would be wonderful to have some DMC owners attend.
Please let me know if you are planning to bring your DMC or other exotic.

Peter Cunningham will be racing his NSX in the GT Race at 5pm on Saturday,
July 20 as part of the American Le Mans race weekend in Washington, DC.   If
you've been under a rock and haven't heard, there is a new racetrack (road
course) adjacent to RFK Stadium in DC.  The entire Fri.-Sunday weekend will
be filled with racing.

Peter Cunningham should be able to meet with a group of NSX owners for lunch
and a brief talk about his car.  This will be a great chance to meet a
successful driver and cheer on the NSX in the afternoon race.   We'd like to
get a head count of those interested in attending.  You will need minimum of
a General Admission and a Pit/Paddock Pass (total $35.00) to attend the
lunch.    Ticket info is available at
http://www.nationalgrandprix.com/Html/Home/IndexNoFlash.php

Please email Pete Mills at SMills947_at_dml_aol.com to let us know if you're
interested in attending a lunch on Saturday. We are working on possible
sponsorship of the lunch by a local Acura dealer.

Have a great Fourth of July weekend.

Sincerely,

Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 20:51:37 EDT
From: JVC220_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: No spark

I want to thank you all for the advice about what to do with my fuel problem
(No fuel pressure), it was the RPM relay.  I have been working on the
ignition system trying to figure out why I am not getting any spark to my
plugs.  I replaced the coil and I am getting power to the positive side of
the coil and I am also getting power to and from the ignition resistor.  I
checked the distributor and the plug wires and I believe they are OK.  The
only thing that leaves is the ignition ECU.  If the ECU is bad, would that
cause a lack of spark to the spark plugs?  Is there any way of testing this
ECU before buying a new one?

Thanks,
Adam Sullivan

Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 01:41:25 -0400
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: cooling fans have electric brake?

Tom & I discovered another apparently stupid mistake that the factory made
in our cars.  If you use the fan fail bypass and depending on the type of
cooling fan relay you use, you will have either of these two situations:

Situation 1)  The fans slowly coast to a stop, and the fan fail light dims
gradually.  This means that you have a single throw relay controlling the
cooling fans.  When off, the only load left on the fans is the fan fail
light which glows under the power generated by the fans themselves.  When
cruising at highway speeds, you may see the fan fail light glow dimly from
the voltage generated by the fans as air blows past them.

Situation 2)  The fans quickly stop, and the fan fail light turns off
immediately.  This means that you have a double throw relay controlling the
cooling fans.  When the fans are not switched on, they are shorted by this
relay.

What's up with this?  It puts unnecessary wear & tear on the cooling fans
and restricts air movement through the radiator.  If you cut or break off
the 87A spade lug (the center one) on the cooling fan relay then the fans
can spin down gently without a short circuit across the brushes.  Of course
this depends on the relay.  Some relays already have this spade lug missing.
If it really matters, then why did the factory put a ground at 87A?

Walt Tampa, FL