From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1135
Date: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 5:53 AM

1. Re: Life as a DML Moderator
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

2. Quitting and DML reject list
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

3. Let's hear it for the twin turbos!
From: "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

4. Coolant bottles
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com

5. Brake Calipers, Tie Rod ends, Electrical Parts Source
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com

6. Re: Walt quitting
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: No Start PLEASE HELP! :(
From: Heydudetoo_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:36:54 -0400
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: Life as a DML Moderator

How about this - we have "Non-Moderated Sundays"... where the mods let each
and every post through.  That way, we could see, just for a day the crap
that they so kindly filter for us.  I would suspect that "Non Moderated
Sundays" would last about one week, maybe two, before everyone begs to have
it back to normal.

-Hank "wondering just where the DML went, I miss it" Eskin

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:46:09 -0700
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Quitting and DML reject list

The topics that have flared up over the last few days seem unrelated to the DML's mission
of discussing The Man, The Car, and The Company.  However, the DML is also a community,
and members of a community must sometimes discuss their relationships.  Hence, threads
like these must come up from time to time and run their course.

Now several people have expressed interest in a DML Reject List.

I have no idea whether this is technically feasible.  However, I must caution that the
reject list could have serious unintended consequences.  It would be unnecessarily
embarrassing and probably reduce participation in the DML.

A few hours ago I wrote a "Life as a DML Moderator" message.  In it I forgot to mention
that I often get *thanked* for rejecting posts.

As I said in that earlier message, the vast majority of the posts which I reject were
written as private e-mails, but accidentally sent to the DML.  Obviously these could be
very embarrassing!  Many others are email errors by the sender, such as accidentally
posting a message with no new content but a 10 page quote (an entire digest edition).
These things happen all the time.  If these flubs were made public a lot of subscribers
would be embarrassed, and no one would really benefit.

-Mike Substelny
DML moderating team

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:29:37 -0700
From: "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>
Subject: Let's hear it for the twin turbos!

Rich,
        Let me be the first of the American twin turbo owners to
congratulate you!  I am so glad you finally are on the road and that you
passed MOT on your first try.  From what I understand that's no small feat.
(Rob Grady was the genius behind my 1st time pass.)  It's also nice to see
the Island kit backing an automatic.  You'll easily be able to keep up with
Martin and his 5-speed on those jaunts out to who-knows-where....:)  Just
don't blow past him too quick.....:)  Do us all proud and let the twins
SING!

Matthew
VIn #16816
VIn #10365

==============

Message: 24
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:28:20 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: #2727 finally on the road!

> Well, it has been a long haul. I'm posting in lieu of Rich, who does
> lurk on the list but doesn't like giving out his e-mail address on an
> international list.
>
> As many of you are aware the story can be read from start to (almost)
> finish at
>
> www.delorean.co.uk/1458and2727.html
>
> I have a huge backlog of photos from Memphis and Supercar Sunday to put
> up, as well as a batch of #2727 as she nears the finishing line. SO I
> thought I'd queue jump and give you guys a preview.
>
> The first twin turbo to enter the UK, #2727 needed the engine stripping
> down to the block, head gaskets, new plugs, injectors. leads, 4 new
> valves, a water pump, turbo piping, exhaust gaskets, the roof and both
> quarter panels fixing, windscreen, master brake cylinder, both rocker
> panels, louvers and quite a bit of work on the fuel system.

[very long quote trimmed by moderator]

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:56:00 -0400
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com
Subject: Coolant bottles

I am looking for a coolant bottle, as my original is looking like it is ready to crack.  Any ideas on where I can find an *inexpensive* used original one?  I would like the stainless bottle but would also like to have an original one just in case I don't like it.

Any help would be great.  Thanks,

Richard

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 20:48:43 EDT
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Brake Calipers, Tie Rod ends, Electrical Parts Source

Has anyone used Wilwood brake calipers on the DMC-12?
Has anyone confirmed that the Delorean Girling type 16 front calipers are the
same ones used on Triumph TR-6's?
Has anyone swapped thier front calipers with Toyota 4wd 1983 pickup calipers?
Are Triumph TR-6, or Spitfire front rotors the same as the D's?
The tie rod ends appear to be Spitfire 1974\ Herald and are only $14.43 US
each at www.rimmerbros.co.uk
The switch for the door interior lights appears to beTriumph Spitfire 74/75
Lucar type connector ( www.rimmerbros.co.uk)    Part # ykc931 $4.71 US
The Switch for Turn Indicator/Horn & Main Beam Stalk  Appears to be Triumph
TR7 from 79 pt# AEU1473. $61.63 US ( www.rimmerbros.co.uk)
The Switch for the Windshield Wiper Stalk control  Appears to be Triumph TR7
from 79 pt# AEU1651.  ( www.rimmerbros.co.uk) $38.76 US.
The INTERIOR LAMP (REPLACEMENT) PT# rb7098 $12.69 US in Black (
www.rimmerbros.co.uk)   for Triumph TR7 (Appears to be correct).
Anyone know for sure?
You guys should check out this site. Looks like the front susp and steering
has a lot in common with Triumph.
Most interested in the brakes though....

Jim 6147

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:14:21 EDT
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Walt quitting

In a message dated 7/29/02 10:25:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com writes:

<< Nick-  You post about finding information about you family in Germany does
not belong on the DML.  I applaud the moderator who bounced it when you first
posted it.  Looks like you got it though anyway in the long run!  Even if
someone else on the DML is interested in this topic, it is clearly NOT
DeLorean. >>

Marc,

   You obviously didn't read my post good enough.  I clearly said that
someone else posted about asking questions about THEIR family and it DID get
in.  So I wouldn't applaud the moderator just yet, because he DID in fact let
that little post go through to the entire DML.  As you can see my last name
is Pitello, not Schafer.  That is an Italian name, NOT German.  And just to
make this De Lorean enough...anyone have a grey binnacle in good shape they
need to sell?  Mine is cracked and I wanted to check the list first before I
got one from a vendor.  Thanks!

Later,
Nick Pitello (aay  ohh fugotaboutit)
<A HREF="Http://members.aol.com/njp548">Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 23:41:50 EDT
From: Heydudetoo_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: No Start PLEASE HELP! :(

Sounds like you checked it all.  Only time it can back fire is when it get a
spark with a valve open..spring or timing....
Jerry