From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1136
Date: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 4:50 PM

1. Enterprise
From: "fivetwofive" <CBL302_at_dml_msn.com>

2. Re: #2727 finally on the road! - Multiple Email Accounts
From: "jeremys_im" <jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net>

3. Quitting and stuff
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>

4. no start... UPDATE.. still in need of HEEEELp!
From: "Digital Devices" <delorean_at_dml_digital-devices.net>

5. Re: Brake Calipers, Tie Rod ends, Electrical Parts Source
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

6. Re: coolant bottle
From: klaus.steiner_at_dml_t-online.de

7. No unmoderated
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>

8. Walt quitting + Binnacle
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

9. DML reject list
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. RE: Enterprise
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

11. trip report & question - hot air leak at back of heater
From: "David Cox" <dmcox_at_dml_tfb.com>

12. Re: Used 15' NCT Tire needed
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

13. Re: radio replacement questions - alpine
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

14. Re: no start... UPDATE.. still in need of HEEEELp!
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

15. Poor use of the DML!
From: "C. C. Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1_at_dml_osu.edu>

16. Re: Brake Calipers, Tie Rod ends, Electrical Parts Source
From: "basfe25" <dmcman73_at_dml_hotmail.com>

17. Carbon Fiber Brake Pads
From: "dursman" <dursman_at_dml_hotmail.com>

18. Re: radio replacement questions - alpine
From: "basfe25" <dmcman73_at_dml_hotmail.com>

19. Need help adjusting torsion bar (North Carolina)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

20. Re: Whereabouts of John Z. DeLorean [was: curveball to the flames]
From: Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins_at_dml_uno.edu>

21. THE engine
From: "vegascop1" <vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

22. Re: Used 15' NCT Tire needed
From: "fivetwofive" <CBL302_at_dml_msn.com>

23. Re: Coolant bottles
From: "Mike Aninger" <mike_at_dml_ninja.net>

24. Re: no start... UPDATE.. still in need of HEEEELp!
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

25. RE: DML reject list
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 04:40:08 -0000
From: "fivetwofive" <CBL302_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Enterprise

Does anybody know where I could find the PBS Documtary called
The "Enterprise" this program aired on PBS,(around 1982)when DMC was
still in business,it was appox.1 hour long and Documented the
then "startup"  on the  DeLorean and JZD. It is very hard to find (I
have been looking for it for some 15+ years)

Regards
Claude

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 05:03:34 -0000
From: "jeremys_im" <jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net>
Subject: Re: #2727 finally on the road! - Multiple Email Accounts

[Moderator Note: I'm approving this message because its advice might encourage some interesting posts from people like Rich.  Let's not start a thread on free email accounts, please.  - moderator Mike Substelny]

that's why some of us have multiple e-mails so we don't have to
worry about it. Plenty of free email accounts out there and most
will even forward to your primary email.

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:25:51 -0400
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Quitting and stuff

Hi List!

It just goes on and on doesn't it?  It seems the people like the idea of
a rejection list, though the moderators say we're not missing anything!
Now we're talking about having to moderate what goes to the rejection
list!  So duplicates, spam, personal messages, and the like do not make
it through.  The only thing that I think people are missing are "gray" or
slightly off-topic matters.

There are some smooth talkers on the list that make good arguments about
working for "success" and trying to satisfy both 'parties'...  I think we
are not far from that right now.  The defectors make a good point of what
this list is missing, and they've made another list.  I think this gives
us the best of both worlds.  People upset with the moderation can post
refused message to the 'other' list.  That way the moderators here can
run things as usual, and if people are interested in talking/reading
about the 'gray' matter, like bttf, delorean limos, rockets, or boats,
they can post and read on the other list where this kind of gray DMC talk
is accepted.  If you are not interested in this other stuff, you don't
have to subscribe!  wee!

Jim
1537 rocket powered coffin

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 02:22:50 -0400
From: "Digital Devices" <delorean_at_dml_digital-devices.net>
Subject: no start... UPDATE.. still in need of HEEEELp!

Ok ... My previous attempts to set the timing on my car apparently
worked...

Causing it to start .

HOWEVER!

It cut out after a short few seconds

This caused me to investigate things further...

And I discovered that the circular "bobbing" intake on the mixture
control unit is strangely stiffer then usually. significantly

This leads me to believe that perhaps something with the fuel
distributor is not correct...

I double checked all the fuel lines. and ensured they were connected
properly... and properly torqued to spec into place

If I try to start it again... and I physically hold the intake on the
mixture control unit down ... it will run...

But as soon as I let it go . klunk .. turns off

What do you pro's have to say?

-Kenneth
05541
-->loosing his mind!!

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:36:15 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Brake Calipers, Tie Rod ends, Electrical Parts Source

Hi Jim

I'm really glad someone else has found RimmerBros! I bought a pair of
track rod ends from them (tie rod ends) and they are indeed off a
Herald. I also bought an ignition barrel which is not a 100% match but
definitely fits and the wiring can be altered to fit the original plug
with ease.

The calipers cross ref to a ford cortina on the front and a '79 Jag XJS
if memory serves. I haven't personally needed one but James Russel-Grant
(www.dmc12.co.uk) bought a reconditioned one from a motor factors for
£16 ($24ish)

If you have not ordered from RimmerBros, I should point out their
service is very good. If they do international orders, so much the better!

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:08:59 +0200 (CEST)
From: klaus.steiner_at_dml_t-online.de
Subject: Re: coolant bottle

Richard,

look for a BMW colant bottle from BMW 3..-series (BMW Typecode E21) of
the early 90's. With some minor modifications this bottle fits
perfect.

Klaus
VIN 05980
Germany

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:22:54 -0400
From: Watkins Family <watbmv_at_dml_megalink.net>
Subject: No unmoderated

List,

There are too many people who cannot censor themselves when
posting....especially rebuttals.   Some of you can get downright
nasty.   I urge the membership to reject an unmoderated version of any
kind.   This is the way the list was set up by James long ago.  It has
been successful the way it is.   I've had posts rejected in the
past.....no big deal.   Can you imagine the chance for being sued by
someone if there is an unmoderated list?

Let's take Mr. Ed Bernstein for example. Some of you have expressed
dismay at Ed's business practices and have posted your views on the
list.   While Ed has his reasons for only wanting to deal with his
established customers the fact is the posts on the list start to verge
on slander (or is it liable? I get them mixed up)  If left unmoderated
some of you would go too far.  Freedom of speech is great until it turns
that corner towards illegal.  The moderators have time and time again
shut down threads that get out of hand.  I don't wish to be involved
with a group that has such venom for an individual, group, idea or
practice.   Let's also take the oil thread.....trying to convince
someone what kind of oil is better, when to start your car, how to start
our car, how long it should sit or not sit is a NO WIN situation.
Everyone has their own preference based on their experience and nothing
is going to change their mind....nothing.   It will only get nasty and
then name calling starts.  It's the moderators job to end this type of
thing.

Every sucessful team building group I have been in on at every company I
have worked for has a leader/moderator/facilitator to keep things on
task.  Without such direction things get out of hand very quickly.  I'm
sure lots of you have been in meetings where you get nothing done
because the conversation drifted into so many tangents.   It is
essential for a group to have a facilitator who keeps things in check.
It is an undisputable fact that having a team moderator makes for a
better focused team/group.

I vote for stopping this thread on moderator slamming, unmoderated
Sundays, unmoderated version of the list etc.... and get back to
normal.....While I respect all of your views, I feel that the list is
fine the way it is.

Tom

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:28:05 -0400
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>
Subject: Walt quitting + Binnacle

Nick-

Also, I recently had my binnacle recovered at a local upholstery shop, and it looked great.  The dash AND binnacle was $300.  I can take photos if you like.

Marc

<SNIP>

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 05:50:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DML reject list

Mike S & everyone else,

How about using this "rejected list" to post only "rejections" and not
"accidents" like you mentioned below. This way the accidents stay private and all
can see what is actually rejected because of content, off topic, spam etc.

In the mean time the rest of us can practice the <snip> technique for posting and
the "copy & paste" method for replying personally instead of just hitting "reply"
and giving the moderator more work ;-)

On a side note . . . one of my post was edited for using the word "hilljacks". I
didn't mind the change, but I wished there was mention in the post that [ [ the
inserted text that replaced 'hilljacks' ] ] was changed by the mod of the week
and did not come from my typing fingers.

Shannon Y
VIN# 10 months to go!

-------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 19:46:09 -0700
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Quitting and DML reject list

<snip>
Now several people have expressed interest in a DML Reject List.
<snip>
However, I must caution that thereject list could have serious unintended
consequences.  It would be
unnecessarily embarrassing and probably reduce participation in the DML.
<snip>
As I said in that earlier message, the vast majority of the posts which I reject
were written as private e-mails, but accidentally sent to the DML.  Obviously
these could bevery embarrassing!  Many others are email errors by the sender,
such as accidentally posting a message with no new content but a 10 page quote
(an entire digest edition). These things happen all the time.  If these flubs
were made public a lot of  subscribers would be embarrassed, and no one would
really benefit.

-Mike Substelny
DML moderating team

http://health.yahoo.com

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:32:03 -0400
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: RE: Enterprise

Vanderbilt University Film Archives. The film is an edited version of the DeLorean movie by Christine Hegedus & D.A. Pennabaker. The "Start-Up" film was a business school course at Harvard. The film paints a rather negative view on entrepreneurship & the DeLorean concept.
The film that was re-released by Daniel McGually is much better and the entire film, not the "chopped up" edited, voice over that is from "Start-Up"

I have both and prefer the DeLorean movie over Start Up.

Best Wishes,
Michael Pack

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 06:39:44 -0700
From: "David Cox" <dmcox_at_dml_tfb.com>
Subject: trip report & question - hot air leak at back of heater

I was getting tired of reading all the "I quiit" messages, so I thought I'd
share some good news.  I started a new job on Monday, so in pre-celebration,
I took a long weekend and drove from San Diego, CA to Tucson, AZ.  Total
trip mileage was just under 1200 miles and it worked out to 24.1 mpg
overall.  Not bad when you consider that my average speed was about 75 mph -
I tried to keep my toes out of the turbo - and the a/c was blasting the
whole way.  (It was 107 degrees in Yuma when I went through there!)  The car
performed flawlessly, so it looks like I've finally gotten my engine
problems resolved.  I didn't get any flux capacitor questions (one earlier
trip through Yuma, I was asked if the car used to be a Delorean...), but I
did talk to one guy who had a chance to buy a D from Consolidated for cheap
after the bankruptcy, but his wife wouldn't let him - he was a bit jealous
as he climbed into the mini-van and drove off.

Now for the question: I'm getting hot air in the footwell, even with the a/c
running.  I found something in the tech section that sounds like the same
problem (Hot air leak at back of heater -
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/heatairleak.htm)  It says that some foam
dries out and allows outside air to force its way in - very noticeable when
the outside temp is 107!  However, I guess I don't have long monkey arms,
because I couldn't find the area discussed.  Is somebody familiar enough
with this problem to help me through it?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
vin 16367 - turbo, lowered, wing, upgraded alternator, but other than that,
mostly a purist! ;)

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:10:07 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Used 15' NCT Tire needed

There is a full set of NCT tires on E-bay right now. You could also
call DMC Houston, when I was in the warehouse in Columbus they had
some used NCT tires which they might sell, I think they were warranty
returns because they were worn.
 This might be a good time to consider getting off the NCT's. After 20
 years the tires get harder which makes the ride much harsher and
there is the ever present possibility of catastrophic failure which
increases with age. If you do want to keep running the NCT's keep a
constant watch on the air pressures and regularly inspect the tread
and sidewalls for any signs of delaminating. Refer to the glove gox
decal for the correct air pressures.

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:23:47 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: radio replacement questions - alpine

Whe considering a radio upgrade you must also consider upgrading the
speakers. The origionals are over 20 years old and the cones stiffen
with age and since they weren't a very good grade of speaker anyway at
this point in time they are garbage. I still use the ASI in my car but
the speakers were replaced. It made a huge difference, the old
speakers were terrible. The ASI isn't the greatest (it only puts out 8
watts per channel) and it only gets strong stations but at least it
sounds a little better. I recomend Crutchfield, they are very helpful
and the prices are good.
 There is another way to go. There are companies that can do a
"stealth" radio. They take your old radio and gut it and put new
electronics into it. They can add functions like CD MP3, remote,etc,
this way everything looks origional with modern functionality.
 Either way the speakers have to go!

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_b...> wrote:

> I've decided that I can no longer live with the sound of my stock
Craig
> radio, and I'm looking to upgrade.  I need a unit that has an AUX
input for
> my mp3 player (a Rio Riot - awesome machine btw!).  I've found the
Alpine

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:34:26 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: no start... UPDATE.. still in need of HEEEELp!

Hi Kenneth

If you look back a month or so in the archives you'll see we were having
a lot of trouble with #2727 and a whole lot of suggestions were made.
Firstly though the "stiffness" of the air flow sensor is set by the
control pressure regulator via the hose that connects directly to the
top of the head. It'a an unscientific way of checking it, but if you
have another DeLorean handy, give that one a prod to see what it feels
like (NB the engine should be at the same temp and you should run both
fuel pumps for a short time beforehand to pressureise the lines). At one
point I had #2727's CPR on mine and something went wrong with it and the
car refused to start. The air flow sensor was rock hard. I swapped mine
back and the car started fine. The CPR was sent off to be reconditioned
by Ken Mills in London.

If you are "clutching at straws" at this stage, I seriously recommend
you get someone out to look at the car. We are lucky in that it is a
european engine and the local guy who came round to look at #2727 had no
problem working on the engine. We knew everything was mechanically
sounds, it just needed tuning.

Anyway, I don't know the history of your problems - but I'd start by
looking at the CPR.

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:46:35 -0400
From: "C. C. Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1_at_dml_osu.edu>
Subject: Poor use of the DML!

Guys, I feel I need to say something as a DML subscriber that is not quite as active in writing as you all. I don't understand why many of you are using the DML to whine and argue. I mean how much can we talk about stupid flux capacitors or complain about our mesages not reaching the list. If your mesage does not reach the list it is most likely for good reason. As for flux capacitors, you either have one or not and you either get coments or you don't, you may complain about these coments about your car from the public, but I know you secretly like it. Anyway, some of you might benefit from this peice of advice "get a hobby/life and mind your own bussiness"  the Delorean list is a wonderfull tool for us fellow car owners, but misuse only hurts the list and Deloreans in the process. I for one am geting sick of this kind of stuff.

Sincerely, Casey Putsch at putsch.1_at_dml_osu.edu

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:57:35 -0000
From: "basfe25" <dmcman73_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Great Find! Is there anyone that lives by them that might be able to
bring a caliper or their D there to see if the brake system is a
good cross reference? They have an updated brake system on their
website for the front that consist of 2 vented rotors along with two
4 piston calipers, hoses, updated pads, etc. I would be interested
in that. Anyway they are located at:

Rimmer Bros Ltd
Triumph House
Sleaford Road
Bracebridge Heath
Lincoln
LN4 2NA
Tel: +44 (0)1522 568000

Be a good source of information as the master cylinder and booster
look to be the same...but those parts are more expensive then some
of the D dealers.

Steve

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:01:39 -0000
From: "dursman" <dursman_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Carbon Fiber Brake Pads

Hey all, I found a company that sells carbon fiber brake pads for the
DeLorean.  There is an auction now for them on eBay.
ViewItem&item=1846411050
Just wondering if anybody has used these or heard about them.  Noise,
dust, performance changes?  Any thoughts would be helpful.  Thanks.
-Chris-

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:27:12 -0000
From: "basfe25" <dmcman73_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Not only does the cone stiffen and rip in age but there are other
factors to contribute to the failing speakers. After a while the oil
used inside the "magnetic core" (where the cone is wrapped with
magnetic wire and is slipped into the base magnet) dries out and
causes friction. The number one casue of "vibration" sounds coming
from the speaker when the volume is increased is that there is a
foam ring that attaches the paper cone to the metal casing of the
speaker that acts as a spring/resonator/etc. The glue that is used
to attach it to the cone/metal dries out and starts to peel up. You
can actually fix that by removing the speaker and finding out where
it is begining to peel and just simply re-glue it...cheap fix. The
ring usually peels off when either A. a new more powerful stereo
system is installed or B. The volume is raised past it's "usual"
setting. I've personally repaired a few speakers and actually have
rewound the base of the cone with new magnetic wire...but it's not
always worth it. If buying a new set of speakers try to stay away
from paper cones since any moisture/water will cause them to warp.

Just a little info.

Steve

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_w...> wrote:
> Whe considering a radio upgrade you must also consider upgrading
the
> speakers. The origionals are over 20 years old and the cones
stiffen
> with age and since they weren't a very good grade of speaker
anyway at
> this point in time they are garbage. I still use the ASI in my car
but
> the speakers were replaced. It made a huge difference, the old
> speakers were terrible. The ASI isn't the greatest (it only puts
out 8
> watts per channel) and it only gets strong stations but at least
it
> sounds a little better. I recomend Crutchfield, they are very
helpful
> and the prices are good.
>  There is another way to go. There are companies that can do a
> "stealth" radio. They take your old radio and gut it and put new
> electronics into it. They can add functions like CD MP3,
remote,etc,
> this way everything looks origional with modern functionality.
>  Either way the speakers have to go!

[long quote trimmed by moderator]

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:57:32 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Need help adjusting torsion bar (North Carolina)

Good grief people: I go out of town for a couple of days and all
chaos breaks loose on DMCNEWS...

Am about ready to bring my fine new ride south. Driver's torsion bar
definitely needs retorquing ASAP (same drooping problem w/ two
different new struts; both stuts great on passenger side). Procedure
is blissfully vague in tech manual (actually isn't in tech manual,
but I tried to extrapolate from installation procedure). Archived
posts indicate a novice could do more damage than good (especially a
novice working alone).

I need assistance of one or more experienced torsion bar adjusters
within reasonable distance of southeast North Carolina. I'll do the
heavy supporting -- I need your expertise. Of course I'll drive to
you. Any offers?

Bill Robertson
#5939 (and I don't mind the BTTF jokes anymore now that I *FINALLY*
have my hands on the car!)

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:12:10 -0500
From: Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins_at_dml_uno.edu>
Subject: Re: Whereabouts of John Z. DeLorean [was: curveball to the flames]

Mark,

I looked up as much information on the Internet as I could about a month ago and got only "Bedminster, NJ" and "age: 77." I've read quotes from e-mails from JZD on this list so somebody knows his e-mail address at least, but I forget who it is, and even so that's more than likely privileged information. I'm not saying that somebody's being stingy; I'm sure Mr DeLorean doesn't want his e-mail address on webpages all across the Internet, and I'm sure we can all appreciate that.

Good luck.

Regards,
Farrar Hudkins
New Orleans, LA
--
www.wwno.org
504-280-7000

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:45:02 -0000
From: "vegascop1" <vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: THE engine

I am writing because I would like to receive some feedback.
I just purchased an 81 D and I love the car. After reading almost all
the tech's, specs, and everything else I came to the conclusion that
Delorean car can NOT stay in the past! I am going to push my D into
the future! How you ask? I am sick and tired of those little things
ie. I cant make a 3 point turning movement, cold start problems, hot
start problems, dash lights dont work, radio sucks...geeezes! The
technology in the early 80's wasnt as good as today, we all agree on
that. The D was the marvel of its time, I think we all agree on that
also, but we have moved! I will bring my car up to date with this
awesome technology. First is first. The Delorean needs a power plant
that can show the world that it can keep up if not beat cars of its
class like the Corvette or the Porshe. I am putting the all aluminum
32 valve Northstar engine that produces 300hp stock and weighing only
50lbs more (give or take few lbs).
With the 2700lb weight of the Delorean and 300hp engine I will expect
nothing less than at least 0-60 in 6 second flat, if not less! Next
the power steering has to be installed (sorry), need to think "high
speed, low drag", you dont see Ferrari without a power steering do
you? . ABS breaks is a must also. The dashboard lacks tons of
updates. The physical appearence will be redone up to the Lamborghini
looks (so beautiful) I am planning on installing the digital cluster
out of the 89 Corvette. Now thats what will make the car! I am
thinking about basically updating the D with Corvette's parts. My car
wont die in a museum somewhere but it will live and prosper with all
the other big boys on the streets. Whoever wants my engine let me
know, Im sure its still good and outdated, only 67K miles.
 Thnx for reading and I didnt mean to offend anyone, but I think
someone had to say it.
Any comments, suggestions or questions feel free to e-mail me
VegasCop1_at_dml_aol.com

This car will be a very badd sleeper.

Thnx,
Ski VIN 4649.

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:26:58 -0000
From: "fivetwofive" <CBL302_at_dml_msn.com>

Sorry about posting this on the DML,but the email addresses gets
cropped,so that I cannot direct email,anyway Bob,I see you have a
Connecticut area code,I may be able to help you in your tire
search,since I have orignal NCT's with -0- (zero) sun exposure since
the very early 1980's (and as new)I also live in Connecticut,so that
you could pick them up in person.

Claude
000570

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:38:25 -0400
From: "Mike Aninger" <mike_at_dml_ninja.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant bottles

There are lots of people on this list are trying to sell their original
coolant bottles all the time.  Just post your email requesting it and you
may be surprised.  However, unless you are opting to compete in the
concourse arena,  you may want to consider peace of mind with a stainless
bottle that won't crack.  Just my 2 cents.

-Mike A.

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:50:47 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

Since you said the engine was running OK before you did all this work
then the assumption is the present trouble was caused by something you
just did. You must go over all of the things you touched and anything
that you could have knocked loose. Pay particular attention to any
vacuum leaks. Recheck all fuel and vacuum hose routing. Make sure all
of the spark plug wires are installed correctly. It is possible you
stretched an ignition wire and now that cylinder is "missing".
 When first started the engine runs on the cold start valve so as soon
as it is shut down the engine leans out and dies. This sounds like
either a massive vacuum leak or the mixture screw is WAY off.

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:01:01 -0500
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: DML reject list

OK, What is  "Hilljacks".

Scott Mueller

On a side note . . . one of my post was edited for using the word
"hilljacks". I
didn't mind the change, but I wished there was mention in the post that [
[ the
inserted text that replaced 'hilljacks' ] ] was changed by the mod of the
week
and did not come from my typing fingers.

Shannon Y
VIN# 10 months to go!
p://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/