From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1153
Date: Saturday, August 10, 2002 2:26 AM

1. Re: looking for custom seat covers and floor mats
From: "basfe25" <dmcman73_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. Turn signal side lights (thought #2)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

3. Re: looking for custom seat covers and floor mats
From: "jeremys_im" <jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net>

4. Fanzilla
From: BondAtomic_at_dml_aol.com

5. LED Bulbs
From: "jeremys_im" <jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net>

6. Anyone provide tail-light circuit board photo
From: "jeremys_im" <jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net>

7. Re:Flashing (turn signal) side lights (thought #1)
From: "janvdwouw" <jvdwouw_at_dml_home.nl>

8. Frustration
From: Paul Salsbury <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>

9. Re: Touched a nerve? (High HP) Better close discussion & stay on group ...
From: mgailey_at_dml_emindustries.com

10. Charlotte NC DMC spotted- Are you on this list?
From: "Jason Perkins" <jperkins_at_dml_microsoft.com>

11. Original floor mats for sale
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Charlotte NC DMC spotted- Are you on this list?
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

13. Dim LED's
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

14. DMC 24
From: "willinot" <willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk>

15. Parts for sale
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Re: Charlotte NC DMC spotted
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

17. Re: Parts for sale
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

18. Re: DMC 24
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

19. Re: Frustration
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

20. Ledtronics
From: "mikedagoon" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 03:35:34 -0000
From: "basfe25" <dmcman73_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: looking for custom seat covers and floor mats

Where do you live? I would look at any place that does automotive
upholstery. There is a place by me (NY, Long Island) that actually
surprised me when I walked into it a few years ago. While looking
through some of their samples I came across a "DMC" reproduction
floor mat that they make. I asked the guy about it and he said that
he was familiar with the car and made quite a few mats for people
over the years. The DMC letters are embossed into the carpet not
printed on like the original. Where am I going with this? You'll be
surprised what you will find at a good local upholstery
shop...especially ones that do interior restorations. Give them
something to work with as a template and you can have them make it
in any color you like. That same shop I went into was willing to
recover the binnacle…I have to locate that place again and take my
cracked binnacle there.

If you are looking to just replace worn out seats or carpets so that
they are close to original (same color and all) then give Rob Grady
a call, he has new leather seat covers made (in black and grey) that
will wow you when you see them installed...they look bettr then the
original. Only task is that you need to remove the old leather
covering and install the new ones in the same fashion (using hog
nose rings).

Steve

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 03:37:39 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Turn signal side lights (thought #2)

I told you it had been a long day...

Don't ask me where my brain was. Of course you could use another bulb
as a relay (open one up and what do you find? A coil that looks like a
big light filament. Coincidence?). Guess I'm still in awe of all the
relays behind my seat. Have never seen so many gathered in one place.
Did JZD leave enough to share with all the other car companies? Just
what my fine new ride needs -- more relays. Notice however that's it's
still flashing on/off opposite the front unit (didn't suffer a total
brain meltdown).

Actually I probably still had my rear light mod on my mind. Can't use
another bulb as the relay there because the whole board shares one
ground, and I need positions 2 & 4 to be on/on. I could take the easy
route out and replace the single filament sockets with dual filament
(run jumper wires from position 3) if anyone knows where to buy
surface mount
units.

You'll recognize me at Pigeon Forge -- I'll be the dented DeLorean
with no headliners and a rear end lit up like a Christmas tree. Are we
living the dream yet?

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 06:01:33 -0000
From: "jeremys_im" <jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net>

There are always plently of local shops in any area that will do
this for you. You can also do an internet search and find any
number of shops. Even Ebay has companys that sell them for
car XYZ but when you open the add it's generic and custom
work.

Someone most anyone could do though is go into the Pep Boys
chain. At least the one's here in Los Angeles. In between all the
cheaper off the shelf unit are a couple of books where you can
select not only custom units make to specific cars but ones
made to order to your spec's.

Jeremy

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 02:17:50 EDT
From: BondAtomic_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Fanzilla

Fanzilla was the best $220 (or so) I have ever spent. I don't know what else
to say without it sounding like an advertisement.
I did the "tests" it says to do in the manual, and everything checked out the
way it should. I then threw in Fanzilla, and all of my problems went away.
That simple. I drove around, and put 60-70 miles on the DMC. During those
miles, the temp gauge never went above the hash between the 100 and 220
degree hashes. It was amazing.

Thanks to all the people helping me with my coolant problems and those who
suggested Fanzilla. I especially thank Bob Zilla for the amazing product. I
am very happy with it!

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 06:21:51 -0000
From: "jeremys_im" <jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net>
Subject: LED Bulbs

Most of the unit's ARE lacking. In most cases the $10-$20+ LED
bulbs are to say the word DIM! Typically dimmer then standard
bulbs. There are some BRIGHT, however, they do run in the
range of $50 a piece. A bit rich for my blood but you can see
things WAY down the street. I forget the company but they were
local to Los Angeles. I'll try and find it again if anyone is
interested.

Jeremy

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., dherv10_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Bill, I'm sure your aware of the LED tail lights. I did quite a bit of
study
> on them about 6 to 8 months ago and found them lacking for
the De Lorean
> lenses. Maybe with two in parallel they would work fine. I still
have my
> samples and could be adapted to the board very easy. I may
still have the
> photo's I pulled off the web site.
> John Hervey
>

> << LED bulb arrays and
>  shipping tires. Won't have to worry about melting my rear light
>  housings now. Haven't begun search for card edge
connectors yet (would
>  like to insert mod before stock taillight board) -- anyone
already
>  located a source of proper size prototyping boards and
sockets to mate

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 07:07:51 -0000
From: "jeremys_im" <jeremysmail_at_dml_softhome.net>
Subject: Anyone provide tail-light circuit board photo

Can someone take a couple of birdseye (straight down) photos
of the photo and back of the tail-light circuit boards with some
rulers on side and bottom for scale is ultra high rez (larger the
better)?

I would like to print them out actual size on the large format color
printer for something I'm working on.

If I could pick up some used boards for a song that would be
even better but I doubt I'll find any that inexpensive.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:27:58 -0000
From: "janvdwouw" <jvdwouw_at_dml_home.nl>
Subject: Re:Flashing (turn signal) side lights (thought #1)

--- In dmcnews, Martin Gutkowski wrote:
> I'm surprised Jan hasn't come in on this...

I DID, but got two messages behind you;
since I'm on the Digest-mode I usually get a
small delay and reply later...
But I'm glad SOMEONE saw that this subject
came up at least 3 or 4 times before...
I just searched the archives to find my old message...

> It's SO easy:
[snip]
> This takes advantage of that and the fact that the
> relays/flashers ground their outputs when off.

Walt came up with this too a while back.
The fun thing is that even WITHOUT the grounding
this will work just fine. It's a bit hard  and not appropriate
to explain it here, but if anyone is interested I can explain
off line in a private email...
It has to do with the difference in wattage and a lot of
bulbs being connected parralel to each other.

Jan van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

--------------------------------

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:21:05 +0100 (BST)
From: Paul Salsbury <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Frustration

I am now gradually becoming more frustrated as time
goes by...

I am trying to replace my front brake discs.

The manual says remove the caliper out of the way,
undo the hub nut, remove the D washer and then remove
the disc and hub......

Oh no the disc will only move about 5mm them wont
budge, should there be something else removed or just
a take to it with a rather large hammer!!

Cheers

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:07:04 -0400
From: mgailey_at_dml_emindustries.com
Subject: Re: Touched a nerve? (High HP) Better close discussion & stay on group ...

Gentlemen, Gentlemen:
I want to nip this one in the bud before we get  50 stories from every Tom,
Dick, and Harry about how either John or Darryl did them wrong. John and
Darryl are both excellent vendors and a joy to work with.
I'm sure that they've both upset a customer or two throughout their
business dealings in the
Delorean community, but that is merely a caveat of the business world.
Overall I think we can all agree that these are two valued vendors.
So please, let's refrain from clogging up the list with negative posts on
these two wonderful men and save all of our derogatory comments for that
demon at D1: Ed Bernstien.
(Just kidding Ed.)
Matthew 3946
(by the way, she's for sale pretty darn cheap.)

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:13:25 -0400
From: "Jason Perkins" <jperkins_at_dml_microsoft.com>
Subject: Charlotte NC DMC spotted- Are you on this list?

While driving home from work yesterday (about 6pm) I noticed another
Delorean in my neighborhood- the Steel Creek Area of Charlotte, NC.

I also noticed another Delorean at the Park Road Shopping Center here in
Charlotte, NC at lunch time.  Two in a day, when I have not seen any
other Deloreans for months.

Unfortunately I was not in my 83 Delorean at the time, and with the D's
going in the other Direction I did not have a chance to stop to exchange
our information.  By chance are the other D owners on this list?

This brings up a good question too.  Is there any public government web
site that a person could access to pull up all the Registered Deloreans
in a State?  I would think only the Police could do something like this.

Thanks-
Jason Perkins
83 DMC #16665
jasperkins_at_dml_hotmail.com

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 13:33:35 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Original floor mats for sale

Hi,
I have a pair of original black floor mats for sale.  There is very
minor wear on the drivers side, the passenger side looks perfect.  If
anyone is interested in them, please make me an offer.

Erik

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 15:54:53 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Charlotte NC DMC spotted- Are you on this list?

Louie, was this you? (some people occasionally feel the need to travel
the entire state of North Carolina in one day...)

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 17:00:38 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Dim LED's

Hmm: checked out website of manufacturer of LED bulb replacements and
they touted being brighter. Probably should pick one up & try it
before I start hacking up my wiring harness (gave up trying to find
card edges & connectors suitable size to plug mod in).

Suddenly taillight modification is less at forefront of consciousness:
accidentally knocked spark plug wire off two days ago, ended up
driving  a strapping PRV-5 (not exceptionally far, but far enough to
say "is that a miss? Naw, couldn't be. Or maybe it is? Can't tell,
let's listen a little longer...") Car has persistent stumble ever
since (not as bad as a miss, but it wasn't there before). Only
stumbles at idle -- am hoping a long trip this weekend will burn out.

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 17:16:14 -0000
From: "willinot" <willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk>
Subject: DMC 24

Does anyone know of any pictures/sketches available of the prototype
DMC 24.  I had never really heard about it until recently and just
thought I would ask.

I would also like to say thank you for all of the replys I got to a
recent posting about what to look for when buying a Delorean.

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 18:31:19 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Parts for sale

Hello,
I recently bought a burned Delorean.  unfortunately the majority of
the car is totalled, but the entire front area is still in great
condition.  It was an early 81 with the gas flap hood.  Part of that
hood received some minor damage due to fire, but is definately
fixable.  The pasenger front panel also received some light fire
damage.  These are the only two items that received damage in the
front.  The car only had 14K on it when it was set on fire (yes...SET
ON FIRE).  I have uploaded many pictures of it to the vault.  click
on the link below and then go to the BURNED DELOREAN folder.

If you need any parts, please let me know.  I'll see if I have it.
BTW: the car was an automatic and the transmission is still there.  I
haven't looked at it at all, but the majority of the fire damage
occured on the top of the car, fortunately the frame didn't receive
much damage (except on the sides of the engine).  So, im hoping the
tranny is still good.

Take care,
Erik

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:21:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Charlotte NC DMC spotted

That would have been me both times :-). I was all over town yesterday. I'm in Charlotte this weekend to stay with a friend after going to have my doors adjusted by Dave Swingle in SC. This Thursday I'll be moved back in to school at UNC-Charlotte for the year if any Charlotte area owners want to get together some time.
Louie Golden
#10115 Sanford and Charlotte NC (hehe)

It's not too late to get your 1/18 scale Diecast DeLorean model! To order, call 800/USA-DMC1 or visit our online store at http://www.delorean.com

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email_at_dml_yourgroup.org by Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 21:47:38 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Parts for sale

Shoot me an eMail address: brobertson(AT)carolina.net.

Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 22:56:58 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: DMC 24

There's one in Stainless Steel Illusion. It's a side-on schematic and looks like the
stock D just a bit longer wth additional seats. It looks damned uncomfortable for those
in the back!!!

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 19:28:54 EDT
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Frustration

Paul,
I had the same trouble a few years ago. After doing what you have completed I
used a rubber hammer to tap the disc from the back side.. It came off with no
problem.
Bruce Battles
Vin#06569

Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 00:15:30 -0000
From: "mikedagoon" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: Ledtronics

If you buy from Jamstrait, purchase their Hyperbright Led's.
Not the superbrights. John tested the Superbrights and they were not
that bright. My company had tested the Hyperbrights and the
Superbrights. The Hyperbrights will work but it depends on the type
of lens on your taillight housings.

Remember that these led bulbs are meant to be used with see through
lenses.

Anyone who has some money to burn try www.ledtronics.com or
http://www.netdisty.net/ds/AUT1157/
They're Led bayonets would seem to work better in a reflective
housing because of the led's mounted on the side of their bayonets.
For a total of 24 led's.
Ledtronics is in Torrance, CA.

I'll take some comparison pics of the Hyperbrights, Superbrights and
Incandescent bulbs in a DeLorean Taillight Housing and I'll post them
sometime next week.
I'll see if I can get a hold of a lightmeter as well.

Mike
Vin#1113