From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1170
Date: Friday, August 23, 2002 6:37 PM

1. Digital Flux Capacitor anyone?
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

2. Re: master cylinder
From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

3. Re: master cylinder
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com

4. Re: brake wheel bearings
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com

5. Electric car
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:07:55 -0700
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Digital Flux Capacitor anyone?

I'm always amazed that the Flux Capacitor topic generates so much interest on the DML.  Most people who've owned a DeLorean for more than a year have heard plenty of silly Flux Capacitor comments, which quickly become tiresome.

However, I must admit that years ago I did make a BTTF "Halloween costume" for my car (mostly cardboard, plastic, and tape . . . the car could not move while wearing the costume).  The costume was a casual project, intended for one outdoor party.  The disguised DeLorean was a huge hit and I had a lot of fun, but I would not do it again.  Making the "costume" was just too much work, especially the Flux Capacitor.

It would be much easier to do this sort of casual DeLorean costuming if someone were to create a digital Flux Capacitor animation.  The animation could run on a laptop placed on the rear package shelf.  I bet dozens of DMLers would want it.

Any bored computer geniuses want to take up the challenge?

- Mike Substelny

Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:16:38 -0000
From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: master cylinder

According to my *somewhat unverified information*, the Girling / Lucas
part number for the master cylinder is 74066116.  The rebuild kit part
number for Girling / Lucas is SP7243, while a Raybestos part number is
MK1544.  Availability is a good question - most import autoparts
stores with British parts, and perhaps the local Jaguar dealer might
be able to help out.  Naturally, the DeLorean vendors are ready to
serve as well ... Use the above information with discretion.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:29:52 EDT
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com

Brake Master Cylinder Duralast 11-2329 AutoZone $71,  $45 refundable core
charge.
    Same MC as a 1986 SAAB 900 Brake master cylinder #707950

Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:28:07 EDT
From: jwit6_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Re: brake wheel bearings

In a message dated 8/20/02 10:24:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rorx2000_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

<< I am having my rotors turned and putting on new pads. but I
 can't get the bearings out of the front rotors so they can turn them.  >>

Unbolt the rotors from the hubs. 4 bolts on each. Leave the hubs at home....
Jim 6147

Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:40:31 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Electric car

I have been talking to the guys on the electric car that you all have been
talking about and asked him to respond to some of your e-mails
I think you may enjoy the response and they seem to be real open and are fun
to talk to.

The folowing is the response to Dave Stangards question of the 1600 mile
test.

They wrote.

1,600 miles was the distance to Needles, California. We would have preferred
to do that
but two factors entered into renting the Superspeedway.

First, enough threats .... many, many miles of difficult to protect roadway
created some
serious security concerns.

Second, and really the most important factor, while those of us with a
vested interest
are willing to put up with a 36+ hour "marathon ' drive we could not get any
of the media
types to do the whole trip...without constant scrutiny by an unbiased party
we know no one
would believe us if we did the drive and then "said" we did the drive
without stopping to
plug the baby in.

The shorter distance is a function  of how many laps we can do at a 1.33
mile track in the
time allotted...BUT we know it will be far longer than any other "road
ready"electric car ....
and after the time runs out...whatever the miles turns out to be ... we will
consider the claim
proven when the battery bank shows a full charge !

Lots of skeptics, understood.....hope they come out and cheer us on if we're
right and don't
throw anything too hard or sharp if we aren't...but I think all  SHOULD
agree if we didn't have
a personal conviction that this will work we sure wouldn't be renting  a
Superspeedway
and inviting anyone that is interested to come take a look, free !

Thanks for your continued interest...and , while I'm sure you personally
must be skeptical,
you open-mindedness to allow us to do whatever we do without prior
condemnation !

Doug l.