From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1171
Date: Saturday, August 24, 2002 5:50 PM

1. Re: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City DeLorean giveaway
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>

2. DeLorean original radio
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

3. Electric car thread wandered off topic
From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>

4. Re: master cylinder
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: master cylinder
From: "bmxc" <ben_at_dml_benmaxwell.com>

6. 2002 Texas All British Car Day - CORRECTION
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

7. Dash Board grounding points
From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

8. Electric Delorean
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

9. Flux Capacitor
From: "mikedagoon" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>

10. Re: Digital Flux Capacitor anyone?
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: Digital Flux Capacitor anyone?
From: "_designer_" <_designer__at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. Re: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City DeLorean giveaway
From: "Tamir Ardon" <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>

13. Led Update
From: "mikedagoon" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>

14. Re: Re: master cylinder
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

15. Re: DeLorean original radio
From: Heydudetoo_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:09:05 -0700
From: "Payne" <bpayne_at_dml_macnet.com>
Subject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City DeLorean giveaway

For those who are interested in the DeLorean giveaway, I found out more
about it today.  From now until I think the third of next month, when you
pre order a copy of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City at any Babbages, FuncoLand,
GameStop, or Software ETC. you are entered in the drawing for a DeLorean.
I'm sure any store will let you enter as it must be a "no purchase
necessary" kind of contest.

The ad says you can win a DeLorean from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, however
as far as I know there aren't any licensed cars in the game.  Maybe they
just choose the car since it's an icon of the '80s, which is where the game
takes place?

payne

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:44:24 -0400
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: DeLorean original radio

Could someone with the instruction booklet for the original cassette / radio
please contact me.
How do you set the buttons to the stations of choice?

Marv
# 17707
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 05:02:21 -0000
From: "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com>
Subject: Electric car thread wandered off topic

I have been watching a couple follow-on postings on the electric car
thread come in and it appears that the thread has wandered off topic
since there no longer appears to be direct relationship between the
substance of the postings and the charter of the DML (focusing on the
DeLorean car, man, legacy, etc).

     Knut (moderator for the week)

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:55:29 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: master cylinder

Jim, & Group. This is a rebuilt master cylinder from Auto Zone listed below
and may be w/o the reservoir. I can sell brand new ones for $119.00 with the
reservoir.
This is not a web site listed product.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/

<< Brake Master Cylinder Duralast 11-2329 AutoZone $71,  $45 refundable core
 charge. >>

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:01:07 -0000
From: "bmxc" <ben_at_dml_benmaxwell.com>

Dark,

I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT try to rebuild the brake mc... save
yourself the headache of refitting the cylinder to the resevior
(spelling?) without getting any leaks.  DanRC30 helped me replace my
brake mc and it was a pain in the ass... royally... we ordered the
whole part from Rob Grady and it was absolutely perfect.  What took a
week, should have taken a day or so... and it's NEVER LEAKED since.

get the OEM part... it's your breaks dude...

As always, that's IMHO.... Y(our) M(ilage) M(ay) V(ary)

ben
dmc 06976

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:36:59 -0500
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: 2002 Texas All British Car Day - CORRECTION

Summary below - get all the details at http://www.txabcd.org

Where: Round Rock, Texas (neat Austin, Texas)
When: Sunday, September 29 8:00am - 3:00pm (some Saturday events, too)

$10 per vehicle - registration at the event

Participants choice judging in all classes - DeLorean class to be added day
of show provided AT LEAST THREE DeLoreans are registered. They have never
had a DeLorean appear at this show in the TWELVE YEARS they have held it.

Special rates negotiated for the Candlewood Suites Hotel, $49 per night
double

If you are interested in attending, drop me an email "james(at)usadmc.com"
and we'll make plans to caravan together or meet up there!

James Espey
Delorean Motor Company
800/USA-DMC1

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:24:41 -0000
From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Dash Board grounding points

Hello List - Somewhere in the back of my mind, I recall seeing
information regarding the electrical grounding points for the dash
instruments, etc.  I couldn't readily find the information, so I'm
asking for it now.  I have some "twitching" of gauges that suggest an
intermittent ground fault to me.  I thought that the first
appropriate action would be to verify and tighten all applicable
grounds, and then work from there if that doesn't resolve the issue.
Many thanks!

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248
Winged1

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:13:41 EDT
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Electric Delorean

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: While I indicated this thread had wandered off-topic, with announcement of a DeLorean-related get-together this posting is back on-topic again. As the DML turns...]

Fellow DMCer's,
I spoke with Carl Tilly this am. He invited any Delorean owners to the test
run at the Nashville Superspeedway on Sept. 7th, start time is 7:00am. He
also asked me to pass along that any Deloreans brought to the Speedway that
day will have special parking inside the Speedway near the pits. (He wanted
to make sure that no damage came to them). We talked about an hour, I know
many have their doughts about this project, so here is a chance to see it up
close and personal. He will give a tour of the vechile and answer all
questions after the test. If any of you want to make the trip down to middle
TN email me and we will try and hook up and make it a weekend (hopefully) to
remember. I have no interest in this project other than to want to find out
the "true" facts. Seeing is believing and I for one will be there and will
let you guys know how it goes. Email me off the list at ABatt10347_at_dml_aol.com.
Bruce Battles
Vin# 06569.

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 02:04:15 -0000
From: "mikedagoon" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: Flux Capacitor

Hello List,
I was in the middle of making a flux capacitor awhile back myself.
But, I was sidetracked and never finished it.
Since this subject came up I would like to share where I purchased my
electrical enclosure box from. It looks very similar to the one in
the film.
Except it didn't have the window. You have to cut it out yourself.
And buy a piece of plexiglass. And the rubber trim is from a Jeep's
windshield which can be purchased from your local auto store or Jeep
dealership.
This might be a cheaper but more realistic looking approach for the
do it yourselfer.
If and when I do finish mine, I will post pics and give a list of
parts and sources I used.

McMaster Carr Part #7847K15 Price was $51.91 Dimensions 12"x10"x5"
www.mcmaster.com

The Pics are in the photo section under Flux Capacitor.
Good luck and have fun building it.

Mike
vin#1113

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:04:19 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Digital Flux Capacitor anyone?

Mike, Since you brought up Halloween, Last year and this year I straddled the
car over the side walk going up to the porch and tied a rope to the door and
went back under the car with it and had someone let the door go up when kids
came up to it. I also had a smoke machine in the car so when the door goes
open the smoke goes out. Kids were hysterical over it. I was also dressed up
in a costume.
Maybe that's what we need to do is come up with the best Halloween De Lorean.
John Hervey
  http://www.specialtauto.com/
<< However, I must admit that years ago I did make a BTTF "Halloween costume"
for my car (mostly cardboard, plastic, and tape . . . the car could not move
while  >>

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:30:04 -0000
From: "_designer_" <_designer__at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_l...> wrote:
>create a digital Flux Capacitor animation.  The animation could run
on a laptop placed on the rear package shelf.

DMC owners with DVD players in their cars could copy the anim to a
DVD and loop it.  If they already have the DVD in their car, they
could buy an oem lcd monitor on ebay ($90) and mount it in the proper
location.  Simple and affordable, yes... but realistic?

Tom
www.humansinprogress.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:33:23 -0500
From: "Tamir Ardon" <tamir_at_dml_entermyworld.com>

I am not sure about the details of the drawing, but I do know a little about
the reason the DeLorean was chosen to be on the cover of the game.  I was
actually contacted by the design department during their initial attempts at
making the cover and ads.  They wanted to use one of my photos, but later
decided to have an artist sketch the car (most likely using my pictures as a
source ;)

Anyway, they used the DeLorean as a reference to the 80's, but will have a
car in the game that slightly resembles the DeLorean, so that is
encouraging.  The more DeLorean exposure the better as far as I am
concerned.

Regards,
Tamir
http://www.entermyworld.com

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 06:58:04 -0000
From: "mikedagoon" <mquinto_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: Led Update

Hello List,
Just to let everyone know, I have not yet posted any pictures or
results from my light meter tests.
I was going to post comparisons of Incandescent, Ledtronics and
Jamstraits.
I have found a new company that sells Led bayonet bulbs. They are
using the new spider leds that Cadillac and Hella are using.
These bulbs are brighter and they have a wider viewing angle.
I've contacted the company asking for samples specs and a price sheet.
When the samples arrive I will post info & pics for all.

They sell the 194 1156 1157 3156 3157 and three sizes in led dome
lights 35mm 37mm 44mm Lg. in various colors

Regards

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 06:41:10 -0400
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: Re: master cylinder

> I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT try to rebuild the brake mc... save
> As always, that's IMHO.... Y(our) M(ilage) M(ay) V(ary)

Yes, my mileage did vary. I bought the remanufactured brake master cylinder
from Autozone ($80) that required refitting the old reservoir to the new mc,
and had no problems whatsoever.  It was quick and easy, and hasn't leaked
since.

-Hank #1619

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:55:49 EDT
From: Heydudetoo_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DeLorean original radio

Find the station you want, press meno then the number you want ..Thats it.
Jerry