From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1172
Date: Sunday, August 25, 2002 3:07 PM

1. Re: Dash Board grounding points
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: Flux Capacitor
From: Robert Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

3. Re: Led Update
From: mroboto_at_dml_aol.com

4. 5386 Restoration site is now up!
From: "delorean_stainless" <delorean_stainless_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. New owner (was: Hi My name is Avi Sarfaraz.)
From: "cyberzechidna" <ksarfaraz123_at_dml_attbi.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:51:40 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Dash Board grounding points

One of the most important grounding points for the electrical system
(and the one that will affect the gauges) is located on the frame in
the front. Jack up the car, pull off the front left wheel and you will
see it directly inside on top of the frame behind the horn. Remove all
of the wires and clean everything including the point on the frame
where they are attached and the bolt. Twitching of the gauges could
also be caused by any loose or intermittant connection in the wiring
system feeding the gauges. Check the terminals on the battery, the
tension on the alternater belt and all of the "big" connections from
the battery to the starter and the alternater. If this doesn't do it
you may have to tear out the binnacle and find the loose plug or
connection causing the problem. The "twitching" could be a sign of
larger problems in your electrical system.

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:08:18 -0500
From: Robert Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Flux Capacitor

JC WHitney sell the rubber seal for the plexiglass window. Much less
expense.  That's what I used.  The NEMA enclosure from McMaster Carr is
a standard size.  Numerous electrical supply companies have the same
size part with similar pricing.

BOB

Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:51:35 EDT
From: mroboto_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Led Update

If you are looking for the absolute most bang for the LED buck, check out the
Japanese Nichia 5mm LEDs. They are incredibly bright and there are Chinese
knock-offs that are very close but much more cost effective. Our factory uses
about 80 million Led's a year and have found the 11 Candella high bright
Chinese knock-offs to be pretty good. You can power them to about 60ma
without frying them. The Nichia's are about 80 Cents and the Knock-off's are
anout 20 cents in white.

Daniel Deutsch (Orlando)
15779 & 3356

Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:30:01 -0000
From: "delorean_stainless" <delorean_stainless_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: 5386 Restoration site is now up!

Hello Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that my restoration site dedicated to Vin 5386
is now up and active. The site is dedicated to the restoration of my
DeLorean Vin5386. I am doing a complete restoration and this site will
document the entire process with pics and dialoge. Right now the site
contains only basic information and a handfull of pics but as things
progress I will eventually add a "Parts for sale" and "Parts Needed"
Pages. also a "Link page" is up and coming as well as a possible "Q&A
Page". A "Video" page will also be in the works when things get to
that stage.

Please check my page out for up to the minute pics of this restoration
as they happen.

When I was looking to purchase my D these type of pages were a great
help to me in actually "seeing" what I was about to get into. Hope I
can give back to the DML News group now.

Please let me know what you think. This is my labour of love.

www.khpindustries.com/stainlessrestorations

Thanks again Rich, Fred and Eric for all your wisdom and help over the
past year.

Todd
Vin5386

Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:50:06 -0000
From: "cyberzechidna" <ksarfaraz123_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: New owner (was: Hi My name is Avi Sarfaraz.)

I am a new Delorean Owner, Well, My Family owns the Delorean,
because im too "legaly" young to own it. But Im paying for it. Im
the to-be Owner of Delorean DMC-12 Vin#1930, Black Leather Interior
and Automatic Transmission.

I What About the DMC-2? Whats going to happen about it? The Delorean
Time Website is Inactive! Does any1 know anything new? Any Inside
Information?

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: The DMC-2 thread has been around for a long time and there has been a lot of discussion on it in the past. DMC-2 responses based on speculation rather than information will be dropped.]