From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1181
Date: Monday, September 02, 2002 6:00 PM

1. Re: My car aspires to be a static model... long help request
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: My car aspires to be a static model... long help request
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 13:30:42 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: My car aspires to be a static model... long help request

Matt, Another thing. When you are cranking over the car. Does the RPM relay
engage. If it doesn't,  then we have to from there back.
When you first turn on the ignition, the fuel pump should run for just a
second or two. Then when cranking the RPM should turn on to supply the fuel
pump power. You can also eliminate the RPM by jumping #30 and #87 to supply
power direct.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com
Call if I can help.

Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 13:21:40 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Try running the fuel pump directly off a battery. If the car performs ok,
then this will confirm all the other compents you were talking about are
good. Watch your polarity on the pump. Then check the connection going to the
pump. Positive as well as ground. Also, check the connections on the inertia
switch. There must be a bad wire in the circuit somewhere.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

<< My fuel pump is not getting any juice and I'd like to ask the DML
 thinktank and D gods for help. This car has always had a starting
 problem since I bought it in April. Start it right up and drive it or
 you don't. Does not matter hot or cold. One afternoon starts, another
 it does not. >>