From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1183
Date: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 10:38 PM

1. Fuel line hose (floureslastometric)
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

2. thermostat
From: "adam_one_million" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. B-post door trim
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com

4. Re: Fuel line hose (floureslastometric)
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: thermostat
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

6. My Air Conditioning Problem
From: "vrvader" <dclark_at_dml_3d2u.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 21:26:23 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Fuel line hose (floureslastometric)

According to guys _at_dml_ parts house today:

Pressure problem with traditional rubber fuel line isn't that it will
blow itself apart (although it probably wouldn't stay on hose barb
without a clamp), problem is high pressure will act like a pressure
washer and break off miniscule bits of rubber that, however tiny, will
nevertheless foul fuel injectors.

Sounds reasonable? This is my first fuel injected car, so don't get me
to lying...

Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:59:19 -0000
From: "adam_one_million" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: thermostat

At what temperature does the stock thermostat open?

thanks,
Adam

Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 19:03:26 -0400
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com
Subject: B-post door trim

Does anyone know where I can find a grey "back post" door upholstery piece for the drivers side door?  Last I know I contacted Houston a few months ago who said they "weren't sure" if they had it.  I took this to mean they didn't.

Is this particular part now extinct?

Richard

Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:16:06 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel line hose (floureslastometric)

Bill, Your absolutely right, without the lining the fuel and additives will
eat away at the rubber little by little. That's why I sell a higher grade
line than is necessary. Fuel line is cheap, but the good stuff is more
expensive.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:17:48 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: thermostat

87C / appx 189 F. I wouldn't vary from that.
John
www.specialTauto.com

<< At what temperature does the stock thermostat open? >>

Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:42:35 -0000
From: "vrvader" <dclark_at_dml_3d2u.com>
Subject: My Air Conditioning Problem

Air conditioning problem
I have run into an air conditioning problem with my D.  In Arizona
this is a definite problem.  Based on the symptoms below does anyone
know what my problem may be?  Things to note, it does not have the
original blue relay and it has been converted to 132a.

Thank you all for your time in this.

Symptoms

---Engine is cool (fans not on when air is off)---
* At idle when the air conditioning is turned on the auxiliary fans
and the compressor turn on and stay on.
* At 2000 RPM when the air conditioning is turned on the fans and
compressor cycle on and off in about one to two second intervals

---Engine is warm (fans are on when air is off)---
* At idle when the air conditioning is turned on the auxiliary fans
and the compressor turn on and stay on.
* At 2000 RPM when the air conditioning is turned on the auxiliary
fans and the compressor turn on and stay on.