From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1201
Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 5:09 AM

1. Re: Tune-up question
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. The "new" DeLorean World
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

3. Re: Looking for dash and coil cover
From: "James La Londe" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>

4. Re: The "new" DeLorean World
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Re: 'The DeLorean Car" & GTO Show on History Channel
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com

6. 83 DeLorean
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: The "new" DeLorean World
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

8. RE: Great Blunders In History (Delorean feature on history channel)
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:01:39 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Tune-up question

A tune-up for the 30,000 mile interval would include the following
parts:
New spark plugs
New distributer cap and rotor
New ignition wires
New fuel filter
New air filter
New oxygen sensor
Any other parts that are found to be worn out like vacuum hoses, vee
belts, etc
Some of the work that would need to be done includes replacing of all
of the above parts and:
Adjust valves
Check ignition timming
Compression test of all cylinders
Check fuel mixture adjustment
Clean and test the fuel injectors
Verify that all engine systems are functioning properly
Load test battery
Usually do a grease job, oil change, and a complete visual inspection
of the entire car noting any missing, broken, or worn parts. If the
brake, clutch and coolant fluids are old, flushing and replace with
new.
 The best thing you can do is to reference the Workshop Manual as it
can give you all the details you need. Some people may just "throw" in
a set of new spark plugs and call it a complete tune-up. From this
short description you can see it really is a lot more than that. Most
shops take their cue from the owner as to how much he wants to spend.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., RJRavalli_at_dml_A... wrote:
> What else should be done during a DeLorean tune-up besides spark
plugs and perhaps a new battery?  My idle is fine and I don't want it
played with.  Any suggestions on what I should ask for at my shop?

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:29:28 -0400
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>
Subject: The "new" DeLorean World

Hey List,

Just got my copy of the latest issue of DeLorean World, or "DW magazine"

as it's now apparently called.  Found a new "travel brochure" like
format, and more pages, but amazingly there was not a single word
covering the best and largest DeLorean gathering ever.  I'm
dumbfounded.  I couldn't wait to read the coverage concerning all
the exciting things that we got to experience first hand in
Memphis....but there wasn't a single word on it, unless you count the
Editor's comments, and I quote...

"While other owners are sitting around faded, asphalt parking lots
talking about how "cool" there car looks..."

What "other" owners is Mr. Bernstein talking about?  A good
lot of the owners in Memphis, including me, were DOA members...and I use

the word WERE very carefully!

The car and the owners seem to have taken a back seat, (make that
luggage rack) in this revised magazine.  Many of the pictures look like
they were taken out of Conde Nast Traveller, and then DeLoreans were cut
and
paste into them.  The cover is the first example of this horrific
technique.  That says to me that a DeLorean couldn't actually make it to

all those exotic destinations, so they had to fake it!  I don't see how
that improves the image of the car for anyone!

Am I just being short-sighted here?  Does anyone else notice anything
wrong with this new issue?  Just curious.

Josh

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:26:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: "James La Londe" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for dash and coil cover

 Dash mats are, in my opinion, hideous. I mean a new Dashboard thanks though!!!-James La Londe1981 Delorean DMC-12 vin#001697 LicPlate DMC XII1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 8001992 Ford Probe GT--- On Mon 09/16, &lt; RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com &gt; wrote:From: [mailto: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com]To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.comDate: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:03:27 -0400Subject: Re: [DML] Looking for dash and coil coverYou can get a new dashmat from Dashmat.com, or go to a Kragen or other auto parts store and see if they have a Dashmat ordering book. You'll pay between $20-40 depending on a sale and you'll be very satisfied.RichardTo address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.comTo search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:54:57 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: The "new" DeLorean World

Thats weird Josh, on their website they mention it.

http://www.delorean-owners.org/dw/index.html

Maybe its coming out in the next issue.  To bad people have to wait
4 months for the next one.  For the price of that magazine, you
would think they would publish more often.  Who wants to pay that
price to receive 4 "magazines" that is a bunch of ad's anyways?

I'll stop this email before I go off in a rant.........

Erik

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:58:09 -0400
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com
Subject: Re: 'The DeLorean Car" & GTO Show on History Channel

I caught the tail end of the show last night and it was great.  It was weird seeing regular, non-BTTF DeLoreans on the TV for a change.  My mother seemed to enjoy it too.  "There's the car that is in the garage," she kept saying.  It seemed to be pretty fair to the man and the car too.  Good publicity, I thought.

Richard

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:01:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: 83 DeLorean

I have been put in touch with a fellow who has an 83
DeLorean for sale.  I have not seen it yet, and won't
for about two weeks, but he is not yet actively
marketing it.

Its history, per the owner:  Purchase new by his
friend from Consolidated Industries.  Friend was a
collector and stored it in all the right ways in his
collector car garage in NM.

Current owner bought it over two years ago when it had
1300 miles on it. Prior to driving it to Colorado all
belts and hoses were changed.  Fluid were flushed and
replaced, etc..

Car was then driven to Colorado with no problems.  Car
is now driven  "to the country club" about once per
month and to cars shows in the area 3 or 4 times per
year.  Current mileage is 1960.

Manual transmission - grey interior - totally stock
(right down to the NCT's)- says there are no blemishes
inside or out.  Current owner is also the collector
type and stores the car in his 6 bay carpeted garage.
His tastes are changing and he needs more space.

I cannot comment on the condition representations
since I have not yet seen or driven the car.  Also, I
don't know how flexible he is on the price.  He told
me he didn't want to be bothered by a bunch of "wanna
be's".

He is talking $26,000.

If anyone is interested, email me.

Dick Ryan

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:43:34 EDT
From: deloreanss_at_dml_aol.com

I noticed this format as well, there is even a cut and pasted Delorean on the
cover. Other than a standard discussion on clutches and another on audio
(either of which could apply to almost any car out there) and an article
about a car built by D1 ("world renown delorean shop") the magazine lacked
anything relating to the Delorean car. (members cars, events, etc...) I
thought it quite strange that the events mentioned were all future events,
none past. Which makes one wonder exactly how much this magazine can become a
complete ad for D1 and the DOA? If anyone else is a member of the Porsche
Owners Assoc. you will notice a striking resemblance to the magazine
Christophorous. I thought as I pried through the pages of DW, the crew at DMC
Houston must be smiling from ear to ear as the now have the impetus to get
their magazine into the forefront. It will be easy as DW manages to alienate
half of the owners of this "stainless bucket of bolts (which) will be worth
100,000 dollars in 5 years."

John Weaver
ETDOC
RED DMC#10527

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:01:16 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Great Blunders In History (Delorean feature on history channel)

I recorded this show, and extracted it to a 212mb MPEG file (can be
burned to VCD for your DVD player if it supports VCD playback)

I have it on my ftp site, but you will need a high speed connection to
download it.  E-mail me privately if you are interested.

Also, I have set my Tivo wishlist up to record ANY show that has mention
of a delorean in the title or descriton....lets see what we get!  ;)