From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1215
Date: Thursday, September 26, 2002 7:02 AM

1. AW: Re: Parking my Delorean on a Hill
From: "Fredvienna" <fredvienna_at_dml_fredvienna.at>

2. Re: DeLorean Motor Company Manufacturer's Sourcebook
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: Chat room
From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo_at_dml_lightspeed.cx>

4. Problem with Lockzilla
From: "Hank Eskin" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 00:48:54 +0200
From: "Fredvienna" <fredvienna_at_dml_fredvienna.at>
Subject: AW: Re: Parking my Delorean on a Hill

hi,

i used to park my car (not the delorean, another one but this is not the
point) sometimes in a high grade driveway. the parkingbrake was weak and so
i used to carry a wooden wedge in my car and put it during parking under the
front wheel. it?s not the "good looking" method, but a safe one.

greetings,
Fred
VIN 7069

[MODERATOR'S DISCLAIMER: I suggest that if your parking break is not holding well that the approrpiate course of action would be to fix the parking brake.]

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., billsfanmd_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Just a quick question about parking a 5-speed on a hill. Our
driveway has a
> medium  grade and sometimes if I dont have room in the garage I will
park it
> for a few hours or a day on the driveway. I have always driven
5-speeds and
> whenever I park on any hill I keep the car in gear AND use the
parking brake.
> My question is it seems like when I put my D in gear with the car
off it does
> not engage and would roll backwards. SO it seems the onl ything
holding my
> car in place is the parking brake. Is this correct? Does the
Delorean 5-speed

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:09:44 EDT
From: abatt10347_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DeLorean Motor Company Manufacturer's Sourcebook

Robert G.,
You might try DMC Houston and find a copy of SSI, it has a few of the
companys listed in one of the chapters.
Bruce Battles
Vin# 06569
RDLIMT

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:39:37 -0400
From: Samuel <samuel_yahoo_at_dml_lightspeed.cx>
Subject: Re: Chat room

Well, been 2 days and already have a few people showing up. Currently
have 3 people in the channel but i've seen 5 or 6 different people show
up. I hope it continues to grow

Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 18:10:23 -0400
From: "Hank Eskin" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Problem with Lockzilla

With the prodding of Rick G, I've been able to locate the current drain in
my car (Don't worry, I'm still going to install the battery isolator).  It
turns out to be Lockzilla pulling about 30Ma with the "remote" unit plugged
in, and 20ma without.  The total current draw from the battery when the car
is off was 30Ma until I totally disconnected Lockzilla - then I get a zero
Ma reading on my meter.

Apparently, this drains the battery down about one volt per week - enough to
cause the auto-shut off to kick in, which was my original problem.

Has anyone else noticed a slight current drain with Lockzilla (with or
without Remote), or could I have a defective unit?

-Hank Eskin #1619