From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1242
Date: Saturday, October 19, 2002 3:15 AM

1. RE: Re: valve cover reassembly
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>

2. RE: Re: JZD at foliage tour?
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

3. SEMA in Vegas
From: "stitsien" <stitsien_at_dml_lvcm.com>

4. Re: Window track and lock libkage alignment
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Re: Power Antenna Options
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. Re: bhp of stock Delorean?
From: "stitsien" <stitsien_at_dml_lvcm.com>

7. In-glass antennnae
From: Jack The Stripper <motti_at_dml_optonline.net>

8. Re: Window track and lock libkage alignment
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

9. News Paper article
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_ntlworld.com>

10. Re: Early notice - show and shine
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

11. Gullwing Magazine
From: "tmasterlc" <tmasterlc_at_dml_msn.com>

12. early notice - show and shine
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

13. Re: ATTN: Payne -- what's the news?
From: john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:31:01 -0500
From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Re: valve cover reassembly

What really works well for removing goo from aluminum are
the edges of electrical switch cover plates.  It's soft
enough to not damage the aluminum and strong enough to scrape
away hylomar, Loctite 518, wellseal, or any other sealant I
have run across - best of all, they are CHEAP!

Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:47:22 -0400
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Re: JZD at foliage tour?

It is possible that he will show (slim, but possible)

As mentioned in my earlier notes, that same day in the next town over
(about 3 miles) is the Steeple Chase Race (A.K.A. "The Hunt")  This is
the "End all/Be All" of Equestrian events in NJ area.  Each year tens of
thousands of people flood the area for this event.

JZD and his kids are both Equestrian enthusiast, so I would definitely
imagine he would be at the event.

Unfortunately, having attended the hunt several times, I can honestly
tell you it is not something you can leave during the day and return to.
It is an all day event, and once you are on the grounds, you are
committed....BUT HEY!  You never know!

BTW:  Last year when JZD stopped to talk to me (an I got my picture with
him), it was at the post office RIGHT between where we are meeting this
Saturday, and where the Hunt is being held on Rt 202/206.

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 04:08:54 -0000
From: "stitsien" <stitsien_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: SEMA in Vegas

I was curious as to how many people beside myself are going to be in
Las Vegas for SEMA? If possible I thought it would nice for those of
us going to maybe get together sometime during it.

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 04:27:50 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Window track and lock libkage alignment

The info you are asking for is complicated and requires a long
explanation. As a "newbie" the single best investment you can make is
a Workshop Manual and a Parts manual. With these manuals you will be
able to do many of the procedures on the car yourself or at least your
mechanic can if you are not good at working on cars. If you need any
parts the venders are willing to spend the time to "walk you through"
as long as you buy parts from them. Chances are you are going to be
ordering a new regulater for the driver's side, they are very failure
prone. While you are inside the door doing the linkage adjustments
isn't TOO bad, ha ha. Just be very careful inside the doors because of
all of the sharp edges of the stainless steel, you can get cut up
badly and not even feel it till you see the blood trickling all over
the place!

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 04:33:18 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Power Antenna Options

Check with the Delorean venders, I think some of them are selling a
kit to install the power antennae in the left rear pontoon. It will
probably include a S/S cover to put in the fender, it's a lot cheaper
than having the hole welded up but some venders can do that too. It
would then require removal of the fender, shipping back and forth, and
reinstallation. Still it is cheaper than a new fender. Or maybe you
still have the wire inside the windshield, you could hook that back up
but the reception using that was not very good.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Jason Jones" <jason_at_dml_p...> wrote:
> Hey all... one of my "Things - To - Do" for my D is to replace my
old rusted permanent Radio Antenna.

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 06:01:04 -0000
From: "stitsien" <stitsien_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: Re: bhp of stock Delorean?

Is this a dyno result _at_dml_ the wheels or _at_dml_ the flywheel?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Chris Parnham" <cp_at_dml_d...> wrote:
> I can only assume that the 120BHP was because it was a "new " car
that had sat around for 20 years. Has anyone else tested a stock, very low
miles car?

> Chris P DOC UK

reason for this difference?

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 05:17:41 -0400
From: Jack The Stripper <motti_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: In-glass antennnae

I haven't had a lot of time to read my messages lately, so forgive me if
this has been covered, but has anyone here retrofitted their DeLorean
with an in-glass antenna or know someone who has?  I really hate power
antennae because they always break, so I thought if and when I finally
get my own D, I want to have an in-glass antenna put in.  If this was
done, where would the best place to put it be?  In the front windshield
along the top, or going up the middle and along the top, up the sides
and along the top?  Along the top or bottom of the back windshield?  Or
sort of "coiled" around the edges of one of the rear quarter panel windows?
In-glass antennae work perfectly and make so much more sense than any
other type of antenna on a car that I'm surprised ALL cars don't have
them.  Regular antennae can be snapped off or bent, as can power
antennae, which can also have motors that break and other such
mechanical problems.  Plus they're just ugly and look like an
afterthought no matter where on the car you put them.
Anyway, this is a question that I've had for some time but always forget
to actually write out an email and ask the list.  I hope that I won't be
  in uncharted territory with this when I finally get to it!

--Joe

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:49:07 -0000
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

I had a mechanic at an auto shop pop my passenger window of the track
a few months ago..

I used the door and window diagrams from the online parts manuals
that many vendor sites have to be sure I got everything back to
gether properly. There is also a writen procedure for taking the door
apart and the DMC news tech page.

Basically, just take the interior panels for the door off. then take
of the upper black metal bracket on the inside. From there you can
see down into the door enough to pop the window guides back onto the
track. It is tricky though cause they arent too flexible, and the
guide has a top part and a bottom part and kind of pinches the other
guide in a "C" shape.

Adam

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:23:53 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_ntlworld.com>
Subject: News Paper article

 Has everyone seen the Daily mirror news paper article today?

Its all about Hydrogen powered cars.... But will it work, this new car?

Well guess what they've put in the corner of the page "5 Wacky Racers" and
you guessed it at the top is the Delorean.

Still they claim " Today these collectors' items fetch up to 50,000"

I've up loaded the article into the photo section of the doc-uk yahoo group.

Regards

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:44:37 -0400
From: Mike Substelny <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: Re: Early notice - show and shine

Anyone who has a chance to go to Marv's Show and Shine should be in for a great time.
Those of us who went in 2001 had a blast.  London is beautiful in the summer, and the
Ontario countryside provided some scenic drives.  With the favorable currency conversion,
we got sumptuous meals and a luxury hotel for dirt cheap prices.

As Marv pointed out, London is in the southernmost part of Canada, at about the same
lataitude as Northern California.  In fact, I think about 15 U.S. states are further
north than London.

Even now Americans do not need a passport to visit Canada.  A driver's license is
sufficient ID, though it's also smart to carry some sort of document that proves your
citizenship (like a birth certificate).  A driver's license does not prove that you are a
U.S. citizen.

- Mike Substelny
(Already making plans to attend)

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:11:06 -0000
From: "tmasterlc" <tmasterlc_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: Gullwing Magazine

As many of you know, we have been putting together a magazine for
Delorean owners and enthusiasts... GULLWING MAGAZINE.

This magazine will be what we'll call a cross between Car & Driver
and Hot Rod, providing a broad spectrum of information and articles.
Coverage will include everything from Concours to Custom and the
daily driver.  Included will be "how to's" for regular maintenance,
trouble shooting, etc. and "how to's" for the custom minded Delorean
owner.

Some of the other topics of interest that will be covered are...

News
Tech Corners
Owner's Rides
Concours
Classifieds
Model Car Corner
Parking Lot Car Shows
plus more!!

Gullwing Magazine will be a quarterly publication and is scheduled to
start in 2003.

As many of you are now aware, Ken Koncelik is doing the annual
Delorean Car Show Magazine which will provide the show with the much
deserved coverage and recognition that it has not received.  Gullwing
Magazine will also provide show coverage on a smaller scale. We will
be working closely with Ken to help the cause of the show and
Gullwing Magazine will go on to fill the void during the year of a
regular Delorean magazine that hopefully will provide you, the
reader, with something interesting, informative, and entertaining to
read.

If you have something you would like to see or read about in the
magazine, please contact us.  Vendors are welcome to place ads and
space is available.  We also encourage the vendors to do a tech
article on something in their field of expertise.

We look forward to serving you... Gullwing Magazine.

Ron & Cheryl Wester
TMasterLC(at)juno.com
TMasterLC(at)msn.com

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:50:36 -0400
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: early notice - show and shine

Thanks to so many DeLorean owners, want-to-bes, and car enthusiasts, who are
interested in "a weekend in Canada" next late spring. I told my wife what
I'm planning and she said "You're going to do that again? (June2001) Are you
nuts? You were like an expectant father, until the first car arrived."

Marv
# 17707
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:05:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: ATTN: Payne -- what's the news?

The problem could be vacum related,but I had a similar problem with a car once where there was no power until it reved up.Unfortunately with tha vehicle it turned out to be valve timing but ignition timing might be the culprit.If you havent tinkered with either of those systems keep looking for vacum leaks.I dont know what else it could be right now im a little sleepy.