From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1252
Date: Sunday, October 27, 2002 3:59 AM

1. RE: Stainless Louver (WAS: Hello Everyone)
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

2. RE: Want to dive DeLorean dump site
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

3. Re: A few quick questions
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Re: Stainless Louver (WAS: Hello Everyone)
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

5. Re: Want to dive DeLorean dump site (fish net weights)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

6. Re: Anyone with a D that they have made into a BTTF D?
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

7. DeLorean 2
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

8. Re: Want to dive DeLorean dump site
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

9. Re: Looking for parts...
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

10. porting and polishing, and other mods
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. JZD
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

12. Re: JZD and a whole lot more
From: beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:52:35 -0400
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>
Subject: RE: Stainless Louver (WAS: Hello Everyone)

I like the way it looked on Brent's car..  I would guess this is not only lighter than solid SS, but also cheaper.

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:54:15 -0400
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>
Subject: RE: Want to dive DeLorean dump site

I made a few calls last year about this..  They are somewhere in Galway bay (I was told) but most of the dive shops I spoke to said a charter would be required.  If I ever go back to Ireland, I will probably investigate it further.  Let us know how your friend does on his dive!

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:05:28 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: A few quick questions

Your first question: shakes _at_dml_ idle & at speed. You probably need a
tune-up and get the motor correctly set-up at idle. Engine mounts will
not cause this.
 Second question on shifting: There is no interlock between the brakes
and the shifter like on most modern cars. There is a shifter gate to
keep you from moving the gear selector from Park to reverse  and
neutral to reverse without pressing the release on the gear selector.
If the shifter gate isn't operational it may only need to be
disassembled and cleaned.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757 Automatic

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:12:18 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

I saw this car too and thought the S/S fit very well but looked a bit
odd. It did add to the weight of the sunshade and it had a crack.
Brett commented that when he got the car the sunshade wouldn't stay up
so he put new struts on it. Now it stays up but just barely but it was
cool this past weekend, in the 50's. They are pieces of light gauge
S/S cut to fit and glued on to the top surfaces of the sunshade. I
wonder how shiny it is to a driver behind him at night. It may cause a
lot of glare in the rear-view mirror and also blind the drivers behind
him.

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:32:30 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Want to dive DeLorean dump site (fish net weights)

John and new members on the List,

Most of the "known" information on this subject can be found at:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Resource/bodydies/bodydies.html

Rob Lamrock or Dave Swingle may have additional information about
the person who supplied the photos and information to DMCNEWS.

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:52:08 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone with a D that they have made into a BTTF D?

I have a bTTF Delorean.

BOB

http://www.entermyworld.com/wdmorg/97d.html

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:16:58 -0500
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: DeLorean 2

The Wall Street Journal last thursday mentioned in the business section
that JZD is an trying to introduce a new high performance sports car.

That's a pretty credible source.   It just might happen!

John's health is supposed to have significantly improved from what he
was like in Cleveland.

BOB

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:51:27 -0500
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

http://www.dmcnews.com/Resource/bodydies/bodydies.html

this will tell you where the body dies are really located.

mark

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:07:41 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for parts...

The plastic piece above the back window doesn't hook into the T panel,
the T panel hooks into it. Distinction is crucial -- without it the T
panel flops loose. My top is rumpled & crumpled from impacting the
louvers (my plastic piece was cracked in 3 places and didn't really
support anything). Fortunately all the pieces survived and I was able
to splice back together WITH METAL (am still adjusting to the concept
of a plastic car, can you tell?). Had I not, I would have gotten a
body shop to just bend me a piece of sheet metal in their brake. What
you want most is the lip to catch the T panel. Roof has a slight curve
side to side, but you could probably bend that OK by hand while
mounting, with barely noticeable gaps between screw locations.

Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:02:32 -0000
From: "spaceace3113" <spaceace3113_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: porting and polishing, and other mods

has anyone here ported and polished the heads or fuel injection on
their cars??? im curious want gains they would yield...also does
anyone recall the link to island turbos site? i know they were
working on one, lastly is intercooling so hard on the delorean? has
it been done?? thank you guys

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:52:21 EDT
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: JZD

Since the Fall Foliage tour John and I have been exchanging quite a bit of
e-mail
below is a tribute to the East Coast Group.  John and Sally are writing an
article about the trip we had there for the local paper.  I you were part of
the fall foliage tour and have a great shot of the mansion then send it to me
and I will forward it to John for this article.

Ken;
    The photos are enjoyable.  Keep them coming.  Sally wants to know if
there are any more of the cars in front of the house, etc.  She wants to
send  a photo into the paper here with a few lines like DeLorean owners
gather at Lamington Farm for start of ...... if you could finish the few
lines for her.  Quite a few people have called me and said they saw a bunch
of DeLoreans driving on various roads this weekend and it was quite a sight.
I will try to have the piece for your magazine by the end of next week.
Sally needs photo with few lines to give to paper thanks JZD

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:37:45 EDT
From: beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: JZD and a whole lot more

Ken,
I'll take a stab at the trivia question, I'll say all of them?

Please don't laugh! :-)

Chuck.