From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1255
Date: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 5:37 AM

1. Re: Real Estate
From: clamfestival_at_dml_aol.com

2. Fuel pump , Lack of power
From: "Chris Parnham" <cp_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

3. ADMIN: Replying to Digests
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

4. RE: gas mileage anyone?
From: gerenpreiss_at_dml_netscape.net

5. Re: A few quick questions
From: "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>

6. bricklin question
From: "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>

7. AHHHHHHHHH auto training shifter/linking stuff
From: "stitsien" <stitsien_at_dml_lvcm.com>

8. Moderating - A Hard Job
From: "Robert Hlavacek" <bob.hlavacek_at_dml_snet.net>

9. Re: Digest Number 1253
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

10. Re: Want to dive DeLorean dump site. stupid crabs!
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:28:01 EST
From: clamfestival_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Real Estate

A fellow Delorean owner in the real estate business gave me his Phone #. I
messed up and lost it. If you would be so kind as to post it again. I have
several questions for you. Or I can be reached at daniel.true_at_dml_nemoves.com.
Yarmouth, Maine
Thank you

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:50:33 -0000
From: "Chris Parnham" <cp_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Fuel pump , Lack of power

Lists,

I'm sure I read recently,  a  post concerning "lack of electrical power " to
the fuel pump. I've changed all the usual relays etc, but it is still dead
at the connector at the fuel pump.
If I bridge in a live wire, the pump runs, as does the buzzing thingy in the
engine compartment. My question is, where is a dirty pug or contact between
the power supply and fuel pump?  I've tried to search the archives before
and get hopelessly lost! Can someone help or give me the direct link please?

Chris P   BTTF/20049

Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 06:57:55 -0600
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: ADMIN: Replying to Digests

PLEASE - attention digest mode people: When you reply to digests, CHANGE the
subject line to something related to what you are talking about, and DELETE
everything in the digest. Please do not send the whole thing back as a
quote. One got by us today, normally they are just rejected when this
happens.

I previously had the list set to automatically reject large messages, apparently in the last re-spin of YahooGroups they took that option away.

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:13:24 -0500
From: gerenpreiss_at_dml_netscape.net
Subject: RE: gas mileage anyone?

john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have read a bunch of conflicting statistics for the DeLoreans gas mileage what is the usual gas consumption rate?

   On the trip from Columbus, OH to Memphis and back (about 1620 miles)
my average gas mileage was 25.5 mpg. Most of the time I was driving
between 65 and 70 mph.

        Gus

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:06:01 -0800
From: "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>
Subject: Re: A few quick questions

You paid DeLorean One $12,000 for an engine rebuild 100 miles ago, and you are coming here to ask about "engine shaking" problems?  There is no way in the world an engine rebuild should have cost that much, but if it did and you are having problems, the first place you need to be asking questions from is DeLorean One.  And after spending that much, I would hope they would tell you how to adjust your shifter for free.  If not, you need to seriously reconsider your choice of repair shops.

I hope that was diplomatic enough to get by the moderators.  Its not what I would like to have said.....

Darryl Tinnerstet

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:14:40 -0800
From: "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>
Subject: bricklin question

I too was a DeLorean owner who just had to have a Bricklin to park next to it for comparison and photos.  I picked up an early low mileage AMC powered car for about $4,000 and can safely say that was the worst car I have ever owned.  It drove like a combination kit car and Javelin, and left me stranded at a bank drive-thru window.  I owned it for a seemingly endless 2.5 months.  Since I have made it a point to have never lost money on a collector car, I was determined that this lemon was not going to break my record.  I ended up selling it for less than $1.00 above my total investment, and it was the best profit I ever made.

Please, Bricklin (and kit car or Javelin) fans, don't respond with how off-base I am.  This was my experience with one particular car.  Your experience may vary.

Darryl Tinnerstet

Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 05:53:49 -0000
From: "stitsien" <stitsien_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: AHHHHHHHHH auto training shifter/linking stuff

Bah, owned the car less than a week and it looks like I must order a
new shifter casing, a few parts of the shift linkage and the shifter
cover display as well. I opened the shifter casing and it was super
glued together!!!!! I get it off and the screws out and I take the
two back screws out and the light for the cover display plastic grip
teeth were glued as well and shifter gate does not have its screw to
hold it in place, but for a reason. I put it back in place and
started to shift and heard a snap those little plastic teeth that
hold it in gear. Well now I can't keep it in first and can only shift
from 2nd upto park………. Looks like I am calling Huston on Tuesday to
get these parts.
This is not a rant BTW its just kinda shock on my part. I mean here I
am buying one of these cars that I have receipts showing work on the
drive train, suspension and a few other things and I find this kind
of stuff. Is this normal? I mean I looked for a car for over two
years and this one is by far the best one I have found don't get me
wrong. I just would like a few other peoples experiences maybe to
tell me where I stand as an owner. I mean I love the car I really do;
I enjoy this kinda stuff for the most part. I am just shocked that's
all.

Matthew Stits

Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:24:32 -0500
From: "Robert Hlavacek" <bob.hlavacek_at_dml_snet.net>
Subject: Moderating - A Hard Job

Our DML Moderators have a difficult job.  They make the best decisions they
can.  AND - It's an unpaid and  thankless job.  Worse than thankless, some
people who's posts get cut probably get upset with the moderator.  I would
not want to do it, I wouldn't have the fortitude needed.  Let's try to help
our moderators.

I have a thought which may help, and everyone can add to it.

If we can think of editing guidelines, this would take the burden off the
moderators and transfer guidelines.  Any beef would then be directed at the
guidelines.  These would be in addition to already written down guidelines.

DMLers and moderators: Could this help the DML?

One guideline might be that when a post is received on a valid DML topic,
the post is allowed if it is by a higher credentialed individual than has
commented to date.  Example: A Masters degreed Chemical  Engineer
estimating the current condition  of the underwater steel dies.  Such a post
has been innocently cut in the past.

Credentialed people will stop sharing their knowledge with the DML if there
work never makes it to the DML post.

Bob Hlavacek
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:04:55 -0800 (PST)
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 1253

This "rumor" was not incorrect and you are the only one spreading
misinformation. Rockstar did approach us about licensing the use of the
logo for use in that game, which we declined for several reasons. It
will appear in another upcoming game from a different company, in a
much more positive light.

That is the real story.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company

> Sorry to go "video game" on this point, but the previously
> posted -  incorrect "rumor" has migrated into other newslists
> verbatem from this place so I wanted to clarify the "rumor" in
> advance of others.
>
>                      Monty Gabrys
>                      mgabrys_at_dml_netherworld.com

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:44:11 -0600
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Want to dive DeLorean dump site. stupid crabs!

has anyone read this article on the DML about where the dies are? they were not dumped
in the water they are anchors.
http://www.dmcnews.com/Resource/bodydies/bodydies.html

mark