From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1277
Date: Saturday, November 16, 2002 6:17 AM

1. Re: binnacle recover in NJ
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. Re: binnacle recover in NJ
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

3. Re: How can I remove small dings in the SS?
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:43:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: binnacle recover in NJ

I had my binnacle recovered in black leather by the
DeLorean Motor Center (Don Steger).  EVERYONE who has
seen it has said it is the best they have seen.  And,
even with shipping, it should be less than a new
binnacle.

Dick Ryan

http://webhosting.yahoo.com

Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:48:48 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

I had my binnacle done by Just Dashes.  It looks better than new.

BOB

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 00:52:16 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: How can I remove small dings in the SS?

Jim - It depends on exactly where the dings are relative to the
fiberglass understructure, but the best way *may* be to cut small
holes in the fiberglass to access the stainless, and then patch the
fiberglass after the repair is complete.  The technician from Dent
Wizard told me that he had to do that sort of thing on occasion.  The
goal is to locate the access holes such that they can be repaired
without being "obvious".  If the dents are in an area with the
carpeting glued to the underside of the hood, you can peel the carpet,
cut the hole, repair the dent, and then simply glue a plug back into
the hole.  The carpet would then hide the patch.  When the dent is
located where a rib is, the same thing can be done, but then you'd
want to do a little better patch job on the fiberglass.  Bottomline
would be to get some guidance from the technicians as far as what they
think is practical.  As far as your question is concerned - separating
the stainless from the fiberglass ... I don't really know the answer
to that.  I have no experience with it.  Perhaps somebody else on the
List who has done that sort of thing can give us some input?

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248
Winged1