From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1278
Date: Sunday, November 17, 2002 6:13 AM

1. Re: binnacle recover in NJ
From: "hmcelraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

2. RE: binnacle recover in NJ
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

3. Re: tank sender questions and thanks!
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: news segment
From: "Chris D'Urso" <dursman_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. fan wire jumper (was Re: Fan Fail)
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. Re: rear axle bearing noise
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

7. Re: Setting Fuelling - Why does the DMC PRV Hunt? [long]
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

8. Play.com
From: "Chris" <chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk>

9. Arizona owners...
From: "dmcboi" <boy1der18_at_dml_aol.com>

10. RE: Play.com
From: "Chris Parnham" <cp_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

11. RE: Arizona owners...
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_attbi.com>

12. Re: Arizona owners...
From: "vrvader" <vrvader_at_dml_hotmail.com>

13. Eyebrows
From: "saalexander2000" <stuartalexander_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. dmc on ebay
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 01:01:52 -0000
From: "hmcelraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: binnacle recover in NJ

Chris
I found a fellow in New Vernon that did my door headliners. Great
job! He shares a bay at New Vernon Coach & Motor Works on 202 just
south of Green village Rd. in New Vernon. He goes by Maximilian
Classics and he does all the classics - I've seen eveything there.
973-267-2757.

Also, you might contact Joe Molino in Madison 973-236-1274. He has
worked with a local shop that has done all sorts of stuff for his
Delorean including the seats that look great. His dash is covered
too.

Good hunting, H McElraft #3354

Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:43:42 -0500
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

Yes...A new member of the Delorean Mid Atlantic club (John Brody) just
had this done to his car and the results were nothing short of AWESOME!,
and we had the privilege of seeing it at the fall tour a few weeks ago.
He lives in NJ.

Kevin Abato

Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:26:33 EST
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: tank sender questions and thanks!

Sonny,
Gald to hear the list has helped you. It has helped me a ton, saved me time
and money and I have met some neat people. Me thinks the new $149 price for
Tankzilla is a direct result of the $129 sender that Houston just came out
with. As far as Delorean parts you will find they are easy to get and fairly
priced due to the normal economic pricing and the competition between vendors
like the fuel senders. I am sure both senders will work fine and it will be
personal preferenece which one you choose. Zilla products are well thought of
and are recognized by the Delorean community as long term fixes to design
problems all Deloreans have....

Welcome Aboard :-)

Mike C

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:17:22 +0000
From: "Chris D'Urso" <dursman_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: news segment

Hey, what is the file name on Kazaa?  I tried searching for the video and
couldn't find it.  Thanks.
-chris-

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 05:15:58 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: fan wire jumper (was Re: Fan Fail)

I have seen the bypass wire burn up also. It was only meant to be a
temporary fix until the factory could come up with a more permanant
solution which never happened. The best fix the Delorean coummunity
has is Fanzilla. If you can only afford 1 Zilla product then invest in
this one. It restores all of the origional functions of the cooling
system (the fan fail light) and also solves the "fan kick" problem of
both fans starting at the same time by sequencing them. You will also
need to change the circuit breaker and otterstadt switch and replace
any melted, overheated connectors.
 Unfortunatly the bypass wire is considered "better" than the
origional fan fail relay because of the high failure rate of it! I
agree the Fanzilla is expensive but the only negative comments I
ever heard about it is the price. Anyone who installed 1 will tell you
it is worth it.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., Todd Masinelli <tmasin_at_dml_m...> wrote:
> >  I would also replace the fan fail relay. A bypass is better but
the
> > Fanzilla is best. The bypass wire won't operate the fan fail light
and
> > it will eventually burn up.
>
> This one strikes close to home, since I've had two wire jumpers burn
up on
> me since I bought my car in April 2001.  (see pictures in the Photos
section
> under "Burnt Fan Wire Jumper")  The first one melted a little within
a few
> months of ownership, and the other one burned up big time in late
September
> when I returned from the River City Autofest in Evansville.
>
> Am I to understand that this is common?  If so, why are these
jumpers
> considered viable solutions to the original blue module?  What
causes this
> problem of burning up, and why don't the fuses seem to be doing
their job?
> And, most importantly, is this really as simple to fix as buying a
Fanzilla?

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 06:48:09 -0000
From: "Adam" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: rear axle bearing noise

This morning I was driving to work, and I rolled my window down to
get some air, and I heard a crazy ticking noise coming from my front
tire. I was really dreading having to fix something else. When I got
to work I checked it out and it turned out there were small rocks
stuck inbetween the tread on the tire! I picked them out and now the
sound is gone.

Adam

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 05:36:26 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Setting Fuelling - Why does the DMC PRV Hunt? [long]

Having seen many Deloreans and worked on some I can say that the PRV
engine with the K-Jetronic with Lambda and idle motor system can be
set up to run smooth with very little hunting. It takes a lot of work,
knowledge, special tools, and time but it can be done. All of the
cylinders of the engine must fire equally with very nearly the same
compression, spark plug gap, and injector settings. If any cylinder is
different from the other it causes the idle motor to try to compensate
resulting in "overshoot". By the time the correction kicks in the
engine is on another cylinder and now it is too fast so the idle motor
tries to slow it down, hence the hunting. You also have the lambda
cycling up and down so when these 2 functions overlap the hunting is
even more noticeable. Vacuum leaks only add to the mix making the
hunting worse by diluting the control of the idle system. On a 20 year
old car there are many things that usually need to be attended to
before you can even try to adjust things. Old wires and spark plugs
must be changed. Disconnected or misadjusted parts need to be taken
care of. Dirty, plugged up fuel injectors must be cleaned. On many
cars less knowledgeable mechanics trying to "fix" things didn't do
things correctly so you have to go over all of the work and fix all of
the underlying problems. This is not to scare anyone but to get things
right sometimes requires undoing someone else's work and setting
things up right. This takes a lot of time but when you get it running
correctly there is a large sense of accomplishment. The first thing I
would suggest is a compression test, if the cylinders are not within
10% (5% is better) then you will never get it smooth. Clean and regap
the plugs to .028, replace the ignition wires, clean the fuel
injectors, fix all of the vacuum leaks, and now you can begin to get
it smooth.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "mgutkowski_at_dml_c..." <webmaster_at_dml_d...> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Bit of a lengthy one this. Let me set the scene.
>
> I've bought a new project car, VIN#4426 from Germany. It needs a new
> engine. As you are aware, the PRV was used extensively over here by
all
> three manufacturers and a couple more besides.
>
> By an extraordinary stroke of luck, I was put in touch with a guy by
the
> name of Darren Bowker who hails from Manchester. Not only is he a
mad keen
.

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 10:44:20 -0000
From: "Chris" <chris_at_dml_internets.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Play.com

I remember Andy Withers talking about Play 247 giving away a Delorean and now it appears the competiton is running. It does say the BTTF modications are removable!!
Does anyone know where they got the car from? The car is to be picked up from a London location according to the rules...

See www.play.com

Chris S

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 05:28:06 -0000
From: "dmcboi" <boy1der18_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Arizona owners...

Hello all!

I just wanted to hear from some of the owners in AZ as to when/where
they hold their meetings.  It's time I start getting to know them
since I'll be moving out there very soon!  I also have some new
information on a new DeLorean service center that will be opening
early next year in AZ!!

Thanks!
Ryan Gould
2930 & 4547

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:24:40 -0000
From: "Chris Parnham" <cp_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Play.com

Yes,
The car came from Belgium, the BTTF conversion was done by LeRiche
Automobiles on the Channel Island of Jersey. The Owner is a DOC UK member.

Chris P DOC UK

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 10:27:22 -0800
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: RE: Arizona owners...

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: One great way to make contact with folks in various regions is via the numerous regional DeLorean clubs. There is a listing of such clubs on the DMCNews.com web site including one for Arizona.]

on this note i will be in tucson from 12/13 - about 12/23  any gettogethers
during this time??

Darkstar

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:40:56 -0000
From: "vrvader" <vrvader_at_dml_hotmail.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "dmcboi" <boy1der18_at_dml_a...> wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I just wanted to hear from some of the owners in AZ as to
when/where
> they hold their meetings.  It's time I start getting to know them
> since I'll be moving out there very soon!  I also have some new
> information on a new DeLorean service center that will be opening
> early next year in AZ!!
>
> Thanks!
> Ryan Gould
> 2930 & 4547

When are you going to be in town next?  Our next "get together" will
be November 23rd.  If you have more questions feel free to email
me.  You can reach me here webmaster(at)az-d.org

derric

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 20:35:43 -0000
From: "saalexander2000" <stuartalexander_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Eyebrows

Hi,

I'm currently trying to remove my front fascia to repair a bad
'eyebrow' over the left headlight and realised that in all pictures
i've seen of other cars with eyebrows, the left (drivers side) is
worse.  Is this the case or is it just my imagination, and if so does
anyone know why?

Stuart

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:49:22 -0600
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: dmc on ebay

what ever happened to the seller sean mccorbett? i know he was ripping people off
selling deloreans on ebay and i was wondering if he was ever caught or did everyone that
was dealing with him either get their money or delorean back.

thanks
mark