From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1281
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 6:40 AM

1. Re: Pittman Delorean Parts?
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: MOMO Hub
From: "vrvader" <vrvader_at_dml_hotmail.com>

3. Re: More fuel sender [Safety]
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Info from Martin G's PRV man?
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

5. Re: More Painted metalworks pictures
From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

6. Re: I finally got JZD's autograph!
From: beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: More Painted metalworks pictures
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. BAE Turbo Charger for the Delorean.
From: "John" <john_geuley_at_dml_hp.com>

9. Setting Fuelling - Why does the DMC PRV Hunt?
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_att.net>

10. Re: BAE Turbo Charger for the Delorean.
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

11. Re: Pittman Delorean Parts?
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

12. Re: I finally got JZD's autograph!
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

13. Re: MOMO Hub
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

14. New to the group
From: "John Gedeon" <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Re: MOMO Hub
From: "Classified" <vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

16. Re: MOMO Hub
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

17. Re: MOMO Hub
From: "Classified" <vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

18. Re: New to the group
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com

19. Re: I finally got JZD's autograph!
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 04:38:14 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Pittman Delorean Parts?

The last I heard he sold the biz to someone else and they were still
running it under the Pittman name. The old # I have (which I don't
think is good anymore) is 812-944-5413 fax 941-2524. It was in Albany,
Indiana. Paul and Susan Pittman. If you need I can E-mail you the
address.

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 04:39:58 -0000
From: "vrvader" <vrvader_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: MOMO Hub

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Classified" <vegascop1_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Here is the answer that many of you might appriciate. The other
day ...

You may be a popular person now :)

a couple of questions, how is the depth of the hub? and does it have
the tabs to turn off the turn signals.

I may be giving this place a call tomorrow (you should work yourself
out a commission) ;)

derric

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 04:47:12 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: More fuel sender [Safety]

It is easy to do but you should take a few safety precautions because
you are dealing with the fuel tank which presumably has fuel in it.
 Best to do outdoors so there is plenty of fresh air. It is safer to
do on a tank that is low on fuel. Use gloves (Latex, Nitrile better)
and keep your nose out of the tank or you could be overcome by the
vapors. Make it a NO SMOKING area so keep everyone away. When done be
certain everything is tight so no vapor leaks out. When removing the
old sending unit withdraw it slowly so the fuel inside it can run out
and you don't spill it all over the place. The wiring is simple, just
follow the directions.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "sonnyvr2000" <sonnyvr2000_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> I ordered a fuel sender from Delorean Motor Company in Texas today,
> Warren seems to think I will have it by Wednesday. Claims it's
really easy to
> install and invited me to call him back if I have any questions.
Thanks to Mark,

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 05:25:09 -0000
From: "content22207" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Info from Martin G's PRV man?

According to original owner's son's best friend (got all that?):

Factory block was prematurely melted. Replacement installed by a Volvo
mechanic or dealership. Is PRV, but differs from factory in several
respects:

No Lambda system whatsoever. Fuel distributor has a dimple where lower
chambers would be accessed, but never tapped & nippled. Distributor is
also aluminum finish, not black. Frequency valve nowhere to be seen.
You'd think lack of Lambda would yield an extra horse or two, but I
seem to be slower off the line than stock vehicle with it.

All fuel lines (except to & from tank) are formed steel (like brake
lines).

Warm up regulator looks totally different, and the acceleration
chamber(?) is a separate adjacent canister, not integral. Only one
vacuum nipple on that canister BTW (unused when I bought car). I've
tried running a line to it with no noticeable effect. Warm up
regulator worked great this morning at 34 degrees (yay!).

PCV sucks through U pipes, not cold start tube (I've got a 1/4" yoke
straddling the pipes attached to nipples on each side).

No throttle closed micro switch (wouldn't the Volvo mechanic have
transferred?). Idle speed motor was hard wired on at all times.
Apparently stuck closed when I bought car (would not run without
bypass screws). Now appears stuck open (idles _at_dml_ 3,000 even with screws
closed). I've thrown away.

Access to fuel mixture screw is tapped and sealed with a bolt, not a plug.

No idle solenoid on the ignition spark advance.

Timing marks on number 1 cylinder only (nothing on number 6).

Since your friend is a PRV guru, could he tell me what I'm running
around on? Will quote casting numbers if he can tell me where on block
to look. I'm especially curious if the poor thing has a ghost chance
of performance, or was it really designed for Sven to drive the grandkids
to the movies?

BTW: If you're truly interested in horsepower, next time you're on our
side of the pond let me introduce you to a 460 inch (that's 7.5
liters) number Ford cooked up in the late '60's...

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:56:49 -0500
From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: More Painted metalworks pictures

Dear Jeff,

I almost started crying when I saw all of those pictures and your new maroon
colored frame.  That is such a beautiful job.  I have never seen such
beautiful work.  Everything looks like a brand new car.  I am in awe of the
craftsmanship and attention to detail.  I am quite envious of your new car
but alas I am sure I could not come up with the kind of cash this
restoration took.  best wishes on one of the best deloreans I have ever seen

Joseph
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 05:00:42 EST
From: beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: I finally got JZD's autograph!

Hey patrick now I'm jealous!!!!

I'll trade ya my car for it!...( Just kidding!) :-)

Chuck
Vin#6125

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:22:35 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

All I can say is "WOW!"

That looks beautiful Jeff!  Hats off to Don and his crew.  The
maroon really looks good on that car.
Hey Micah, think you will do this to your car?  Your interior would
really accent the engine and frame.

Erik
4512

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:07:13 -0000
From: "John" <john_geuley_at_dml_hp.com>
Subject: BAE Turbo Charger for the Delorean.

Hi,

   Does anyone have any info on where to buy the BAE turbo kit
   for the Delorean and how much I should expect to pay for one ??

  Regards

    John G.

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:14:06 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Setting Fuelling - Why does the DMC PRV Hunt?

Here in the South, Alabama specifically, when we say that "Dog Won't
Hunt" we mean that it is not working correctly.  The PRV is set up to
hunt so that the emissions are as low as possible while the engine is
idling.  Perhaps the difference in the fuel injection systems settings
are simply the difference in emissions standard between the US and GB.

Take a look at eh emissions report on the car.  Mine was checked in CA
several years ago and the readings were so low the technician was
convinced that his tester was not working correctly.  He checked another
vehicle and his machine was in fact working correctly.

Scott Mueller

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:38:03 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: BAE Turbo Charger for the Delorean.

John,

There's a new complete kit, in the box, on eBay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=18729688

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:09:09 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

The last time He was around in 1996,  he was trying to sell off his
inventory..  I heard that few people were interested.  for about $25 on
the $1.00. Don't know what happened but possibly some of it went back to
Kpac.

BOB

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:10:06 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

WHo did you send it to to get it autographed.?

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:11:43 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

What's a MOMO hub?

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:02:49 -0000
From: "John Gedeon" <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: New to the group

Hi all,

   I hope you guys read this all. Sorry its so long. But it does give
a little background on me and why I joined this list ;) As well as
some questions since I am considering becoming an owner.

   I have loved the DeLorean for as long as I remember (probably
since I saw Back To The Future Pt I considering I wasn't in
kindergarden when they stopped making the car). I have always thought
it would be the coolest car to own and drive. It has always been a
future goal to own my very own one.

   Now that I am older than I was (didn't really grow up) I think its
more of a reality that I could get one. But I figured I should find
out what owning one is like before I make a mistake because I was
disillusioned. I wouldn't want one that would sit for ever collecting
dust because I didn't have the time to fix it. I spent a lot of
yesterday reading through the dmcnews webpage (was very glad to
randomly find it) and through the previous posts for the last month.
I learned alot, including that there was no electric motor powered
doors which made the car a death trap (which I heard from an
unreliable source). Any way let me get to the point. They seem to
take a lot of time. And I was wondering how much time. I mainly want
to know how much time would be needed to keep it in good running
condition. (and looking nice :) ) I am looking into getting it as a
second car (sometime when I have the money) and using it for my
commute to work (which right now is 1 mile but that will change in
the next year or so). I hope no one offended by me wanting to do that
but I think it would be the coolest car to drive around. Is this a
good thing to use it for or not?

   I would appreciate any input :)

Thanx
John

VIN: Why do you guys list your vin's (I think its cool just wondering
why?)

--
<>< Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not
on your own understanding;"

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:54:10 -0000
From: "Classified" <vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_s...> wrote:
> What's a MOMO hub?

well Bob,

To answer your question, MOMO is italian design and engineering that
produces parts for cars from SUV's ...trucks all the way down or
should I say, up, to formula 1 racing. They specialize in foot
pedals, steering wheels, gear shifter knobs etc.

Every part they produce is extremely well made and you wont find it
at Walmart, thats for sure. Its a little spendy but for my Delorean
everything must be perfect!

If you have any more questions please ask...

Ski 4649

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:32:33 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

In short, it's an adapter required to install a Momo-brand steering wheel on your car.

Dave

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:45:34 -0000
From: "Classified" <vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "vrvader" <vrvader_at_dml_h...> wrote:
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "Classified" <vegascop1_at_dml_y...> wrote:
>
> a couple of questions, how is the depth of the hub? and does it
have
> the tabs to turn off the turn signals.
> >
> derric

Derric..

The depth is exactly like the original believe it or not...the tabs
that stick out to turn the signals off are replaced by basically a
small metal prong/rod that the hole is already predrilled. I
personally will probably drill another one so there are 2 like the
original one. But other than that looks like feels like and fits
like a stock wheel. Im waiting on my wheel to come in thats why its
not on yet. As soon as I get the wheel I will post some pics. Let me
know how your venture went.

Ski 4649

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:35:29 -0500
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com
Subject: Re: New to the group

John, how much time you will have to put into the car, or any older car, and whether or not you should feel comfortable driving it around often, will depend on a number of major things.  I think the first thing most DMLers will tell you is that it depends on how well the previous owner(s) have kept up on the car and have put time and money into it.  If you get a "project" DeLorean, then obviously you will have to put that in yourself, and the car may be sitting for long periods of time.

But a decently kept DeLorean will run well for you and is amazingly not that difficult to take care of.  As you may be able to tell from the list and the vendors that are out there, most parts are easily available.  Labor costs can hit you hard if you don't do your own work, but otherwise people's perception of the car as needing *constant* attention and huge amounts of money is somewhat misguided.  After all, it's just A CAR, and just like any older car, they will need attention from time to time.

I would recommend finding a mechanic in your area that has worked on DeLoreans before and wouldn't mind working on another once you get one.  If you don't do much of your own engine work, then make that guy your friend.  Be ultra-nice to him, and he will hopefully return the favor by taking care of your car and doing the best job he can.

Take care and good luck on your quest!  It took me years of semi-serious searching and then one full year to finally find a DeLorean in my area (I wasnt willing to travel) and in my price range.  But if you've stuck to it throughout the years, that is a good sign.  It means that you really DO want one and will do what it takes to take the best care of one that you can.

Richard

Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:48:35 EST
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

John has always answered mail sent to his Bedminster PO address
I don't have it with me right now or I would post it again.

Sometimes it takes a while but for the most part if you put your request in
writing and send a return envelope he usually responds.