From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1289
Date: Thursday, November 28, 2002 7:14 AM

1. Re: Re: DeLorean Car Show Magazine review (BTTF.com)
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: MOMO Hub
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com

3. Delorean Car Show Magazine
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

4. RE: Re: hydraulic fluid seeps
From: "K Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>

5. RE: news segment
From: "K Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>

6. Re: Re: DeLorean Car Show Magazine review (BTTF.com)
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_attbi.com>

7. Re: 1697 final update
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. HELP wipers, brake lights and a thief
From: "David W. Silek" <dsilek_at_dml_msn.com>

9. FS: front wheel -
From: "Michael Myjak" <mmyjak_at_dml_virtualworkshop.com>

10. Re: hydraulic fluid seeps + About break callipers
From: "jamesrguk" <James_rg_at_dml_hotmail.com>

11. 1983 Kepec Model
From: "Bill" <bill221_at_dml_hotmail.com>

12. RE: Re: DeLorean Car Show Magazine review (BTTF.com)
From: "IN2TIME" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

13. Re: hydraulic fluid seeps
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:38:18 EST
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: DeLorean Car Show Magazine review (BTTF.com)

In a message dated 11/26/2002 4:14:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

> Just checked out the new magazine review at BTTF.com.
> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1. Who's the girl on the cover?
>
> 2. Is a "DCS Swimsuit Issue" planned? a calendar?
> (Come on Ken, work with me here.)  wink wink  ; )
>
> Keep up the good work Ken, I'll be buying!

That is Angela and a swimsuit issue sounds interesting
first let me sell enough magazines to cover the bills (wink wink ;-)  )

All kidding aside I would like to do a calander
but we will need photos

DeLorean or Swimsuit

LOL

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:55:21 EST
From: wingd2_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: MOMO Hub

In a message dated 11/18/02 9:40:17 PM Central Standard Time,
vegascop1_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

> Here is the answer that many of you might appriciate.I spent about $60 on
> the brand new hub w/ hardware...anyways,
>
> So the nice guy I am here it is, its a MOMO part# 2401. The HUB its
> self says " K 2401 ".
>
> Ski VIN 4649

    Ski,
        A Grant steering wheel hub adapter, part # 3162, will also fit. About
$17 last time I checked. Like you said, mid 60's Chevy Pickup.

     Marty

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:03:36 EST
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Delorean Car Show Magazine

I have had a number of people from Europe and now one from Australia ask if
the magazine is available to them.

Of course it is and we will cover the extra postage so you can enjoy it for
the same price as everyone else.

The web page is sorta up and running
check out the cool car artwork supplied by Stephen Clark
its awesome and some people have said they can't stop playing with it
Also use audio and when you hear it idle left click

Have fun

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:45:01 -0600
From: "K Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Re: hydraulic fluid seeps

Thanks.
I replaced the MC and drained the lines until the new fluid was coming out
clear.
I'm doing my TABS while I'm under there.

I noticed that with the back end up, wheels off, engine running in neutral,
that the hubs actually spin a bit, but not totally steady (or, maybe that
was my junior mechanic pumping the brakes). Is that normal, is that signs of
a worn clutch?

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:21:49 -0600
From: "K Creason" <dmc4687_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: news segment

sorry, took so long.
Look for:
deloreans_news11_medQual-audslow.mpg
deloreans_news11_medQual-audbetter.mpg

I made sure Tamir got it, so maybe he'll get it on his site soon.

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:58:01 -0600
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_attbi.com>

If I'm not mistaken, the girl on the cover is none other than Ken's own
daughter. She was at the Memphis show last summer. If I could see Steve's
face, I would imagine it would be red after the DCS Swimsuit Issue comment.

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 03:09:41 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 1697 final update

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to be doing with this car yet.
I first want to see the extent of the damage and i'll make my
decision from there.  I know i'm going to be getting a lot of emails
saying "i must be restored!!"  Let me check the car out first and
I'll let you all know.

Erik
4512
1697...soon

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "James LaLonde" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_e...> wrote:

> Okay well unfortunatly after much debate... (drum roll)
> 1697 will not be parted out my me!
> It will be sold whole to Mr Eric Geerdink ("yay" from the
audience)

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 23:50:16 -0500
From: "David W. Silek" <dsilek_at_dml_msn.com>
Subject: HELP wipers, brake lights and a thief

Hi all-
Well, I bit the bullet yesterday and finally got around to getting my D.
back on the road after a 1 year hiatus. I ordered the long needed water
pumpfrom PJ Grady and got the car ready to go to my mechanic for work.
Opened the D. up and lo and behold some jerk had stolen my radio...and
ripped the air vents out breaking them. Plus I noticed my binacle has
finally cracked...

Got the D. to the shop and seems it won't pass inspection since all of a
sudden my wipers do not work and my brake light is staying on.

Please, any advise is appreciated and should anyone have the air vent
assembly for sale, please email me or call me.

Hoping to have my D. back on the road in the Shenandoah Valley,
David W. Silek
295 West Main Street
540-635-3463
Front Royal, VA 22630

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:35:08 -0000
From: "Michael Myjak" <mmyjak_at_dml_virtualworkshop.com>
Subject: FS: front wheel -

Hi!

Since the demise of No. 4875 a few years back (due to a rear-end collision) I'm now clearing out the garage and making room for another.  I currently have a lathe-turned and newly powdercoated front (i.e., restored) DeLorean Front Wheel up for sale.  See:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13874&item=738797001

I'll be posting future items over the next few weeks during the holidays, as I attempt to liquidate my cache of DeLorean parts (some used, some new).

thanks for looking -
Michael

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:43:52 -0000
From: "jamesrguk" <James_rg_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: hydraulic fluid seeps + About break callipers

Hi,

I don't know what 2nd hand callipers for the DeLorean cost in the
States but over here I can get a 2nd hand calliper of the shelf from
a breaker for 14.00 (about $21)

Same part number and same part. must be one of the cheapest parts
you can buy for the DeLorean in the UK.

New $300.00 from vendor, 2nd user with new seals and cleaned pistons
$30-$40

I know which one I would choose, and have chosen, relining the boars
for a part of this value seems a bit over the top to me, IMHO

James RG

(no disrespect to DMC vendors, there parts are of course brand new
hence the extra price)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_w...> wrote:

When you disasemble the calipers you will know right away if they
can be cleaned up by a light honing. If they can't be cleaned up
fitting s/s sleeves is way beyond the machining capabilities of most.

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:22:30 -0000
From: "Bill" <bill221_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: 1983 Kepec Model

Hello,

There is an auction on ebay.com for a 1983 Delorean "Kepec" model.
Does anyone know what this means?  I couldn't find anything searching
the archive.  I think there might be a connection between this term
and the fact that it was one of last cars produced.  I just don't
know...

Thanks

Bill

Excerpt:

This is probably the finest example of a DeLorean in North America! I
am selling this car for a friend. It is one of the last DeLorean's
made and is a "Kepec". It has black leather interior and the quad
sound system. It is absolutely flawless and has won many shows.It has
approx. 5000 original miles, but has not been driven for 2 years. It
is located near Toronto and photos will be available shortly.It has
both USA and CND emission stickers.For the serious DeLorean
enthusiast only!!!

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:30:31 -0800
From: "IN2TIME" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

 >If I'm not mistaken, the girl on the cover is none other than Ken's
own daughter.

Correct!

This page has a couple of Kens favorite pictures from Memphis -
Ken dancing with his daughter, Angela, the SS model.
(the SS is for Stainless Steel, not Swim Suit :-)
http://www.deloreancarshow.com/dcs-2002/miscellaneous.html

This page has Angela's Dance Team, entertaining us in Memphis.
It also has a picture of the DeLorean Guitar.
http://www.deloreancarshow.com/dcs-2002/friday-pm.html

Gary
VIN 5612
www.IN2TIME.com

Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 02:08:54 -0000
From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>
Subject: Re: hydraulic fluid seeps

Even with the transmission in neutral, there is some internal drag
from the thick oil in the gear box.  You should find that you can
easily hold the hubs (or wheels if installed) from rotating in this
condition.  No worries.  There are other tests to determine if the
clutch is "done", like putting it in gear with the brakes on to see
if the clutch grabs well enough to kill the engine.  Crude but
effective.  Let us know (if you don't mind) about the condition of
your TAB's, and associated bushings and other hardware.  I'm always
trying to keep tabs on the condition of the fleet (please pardon the
pun!).  Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!  We have so much to be
thankful for.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248
Winged1