From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1294
Date: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 7:51 AM

1. Re: vacuum hose diagram
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

2. Snow/Winter tyres.
From: "mantrobax" <ownerof_at_dml_delorean.com>

3. anyone?
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>

4. RE: License Plate suggestions
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>

5. JZD's Latest Lawsuit
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. Yoko AVS Intermediate fronts still available!
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

7. RE: JZD's Latest Lawsuit
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

8. Any lister in the East TN/North GA Region?
From: Twilightcall_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: Snow/Winter tyres.
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:01:48 EST
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: vacuum hose diagram

James, There is  a copy of the vacuum diagram on the engine page of my web
site.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/engine.shtml

<< One last thing;
 I'd like to replace my vacuum hoses (and some obviously have come
 loose in removing the intake manifold) and I can't find the vacuum
 hose diagram.
 I know it's online somewhere... but I've searched and searched.

 does anyone have a copy they can email me, or direct me to the URL

 thanks again!!!!

 James  4009

Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:06:35 -0000
From: "mantrobax" <ownerof_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Snow/Winter tyres.

I'm sure I will be barked at for asking this...
I know you shouldn't be driving the DMC during winter, its simply not
good for a 20 year old car...
I have my reasons and will have to move it a few times during winter,
and frankly I don't think I would last without taking her for a drive
during the next few months.

So, Wintertyres, are there any compatible with the DMC? I can't seem
to find any on the net or prior recomendations on DMC sites.
I will not use the original rims, does anyone have a hint for
alternative rims?

Many thanks in advance.

Viktor Tilander, keeping the DMC-flag flying high in the cold cold
north of Stockholm, Sweden.
Vin# 2949

Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:00:19 -0500
From: "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com>
Subject: anyone?

I'll be in Delray Beach, Florida for a few weeks the end of Dec and the start of Jan / 03. Anyone want to chew the fat about DeLoreans, etc. and have a coffee, beer, tea, Southern Comfort on the rocks, while I'm down there, please contact me privately.

Marv. Stein
# 17707
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:13:03 +0000
From: "robert parker" <roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: License Plate suggestions

I orded A BULIT, & added a "g" to the space with a sticker-  AgBULIT
(Shades of Steve McQueen)   Remember your chemistry?  Read it carefully!
Drive Stainless      Robert VIN 6924

From: "Jason Perkins" <jperkins_at_dml_microsoft.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [DML] License Plate suggestions
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:19:59 -0500

Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:54:29 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: JZD's Latest Lawsuit

In the Sunday edition of the Daily News Michaek Gross's column reports
that Sally Baldwin, JZD's wife, filed a 5 million dollar lawsuit
against National Fairways demanding the return of the dogs that they
left behind. JZD says he left the dogs with his sister-in-law who has
a cottage on the property. The article also says he hopes to revive
the Delorean. I wonder if they realize Donald Trump now owns the dogs?

Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:32:58 EST
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Yoko AVS Intermediate fronts still available!

Hey List,

   I came across a source who has a good supply of the front size (195/60-14)
Yokohama AVS Intermediate tires available.  I have been thinking of getting
some of them and selling them to the DML.  I am still trying to find a
contact for the rear size, but I figure for now, the fronts are good to get a
hold on to now.  If anyone is interested, please e-mail me privately and if
there is a large demand for them, I will look into it further.  Thanks!
e-mail address NJP548"_at_dml_"aol.com.

Later,
Nick Pitello
<A HREF="Http://members.aol.com/njp548">Http://members.aol.com/njp548</A>

Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:10:02 -0500
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: RE: JZD's Latest Lawsuit

Let's just hope they don't sell the dogs to fisherman to weigh their nets
down.

[Moderator note: It's a slow day on the DML.  - Mike Substelny]

Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:52:37 EST
From: Twilightcall_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Any lister in the East TN/North GA Region?

I was wondering if there are any members in the east TN or North GA region
that wouldn't mind helping me out with my Delorean purchase.  Thanks, GREG

Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:14:40 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Snow/Winter tyres.

Viktor,

Go for it.  Driving a Delorean in the snow can be a blast, but save
the real fun for open spaces like empty, snow packed parking lots.
The Delorean handles quite well in the snow with the right tires.
I would recommend using an old set of stock rims for less headaches.

If you were in the States, I would recommend going with Bridgestone
Blizzaks (WS-50) or the Michelin Artic Alpine snow tires.  I usually
use one size smaller tires for winter use, 185/60-14 and 225/60-15.
Both manufacturers carry these sizes and stock sizes as well.
I ran Blizzaks on a Merkur XR4ti in the late 90's with good results.
I ran Dunlop Graspics on my 944 over the last few years with very
good results and am currently running a set of Goodyear winter tires
on my 928, although I know that this model has been discontinued.

But since you are in Sweden, I would highly recommend looking into
the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1 series tires (or is it tyres).  These
tires are fantastic and most of the people in my local Porsche club
give them very high praise.  I am currently running them on my Ford
Mustang GT (225/60-15) and my VW Corrado (195/50-15).  Last I had
checked, front sizes are available in 185/60-14 and 195/60-15, but
the only close rear size is the 225/60-15 my Mustang GT is running.
I have found that narrower tires are usually better for winter use.

Of course, this rule does not apply to the D Rex (44 x 19.5 x 15)

Have fun, but try to keep the salt off and the stainless straight.