From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1300
Date: Monday, December 09, 2002 7:00 AM

1. Cars for sale in the UK
From: "dmcrobin <rps_at_dml_talk21.com>" <rps_at_dml_talk21.com>

2. Re: Tilley Foundation update (3 months later)
From: "d_rex_2002 <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

3. You asked for it, Bill! Long one.
From: "James LaLonde <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>

4. RE: Calander
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>

5. Re: You asked for it, Bill! Long one.
From: "erikgeerdink <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

6. Re: Re: You asked for it, Bill! Long one.
From: P12C16_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: You asked for it, Bill! Long one. correction
From: "James LaLonde <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>

8. traveller
From: "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 12:30:06 -0000
From: "dmcrobin <rps_at_dml_talk21.com>" <rps_at_dml_talk21.com>
Subject: Cars for sale in the UK

Hi All

I have just started my search for a DeLorean in the UK, I have paid
my dues to the UK owners club (Chris - it's on it's way if you have
not received it already !) and have been searching the web for cars,
most of which seem to be in the USA ! (no great surprise seeing is
that is where most of the cars went in the first place I suppose !)
If anyone has a car for sale, preferably a runner but I am happy to
look at a bit of a project, let me know. The pricing seems to be all
over the place so lets see whats out there.

Also, any help or advice would be gratefully received (I am awaiting
the arrival of all the back issues of DeLorean world that I have
ordered !!

Thanks in anticipation

Robin

Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 18:21:21 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002 <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: Tilley Foundation update (3 months later)

[Moderator Note: I'm approving this post because of Rich's first
sentence, as well as its factual content.  IF YOU REPLY TO THE
DML WITH ANY SPECULATION OR OPINIONS OF THIS PROJECT I WILL
AUTOMATICALLY REJECT YOUR MESSAGE! - moderator Mike Substelny]

This is not an invitation to startup feasability arguements about the
Tilley Delorean again, just some details about the last 90 days.

Well, since Ken mentioned this briefly a few weeks ago, I thought I
would do a quick follow up on the Tilley Electric Delorean since it
has been 90 days since the "big" event at the Nashville Speedway.
After this apparent wheel bearing failure, Tilley promised to give it
another go within 30 days.  Well, that would have been 60 days ago.
Obviously, a wheel bearing repair can take over 90 days to complete.

Before the Nashville Speedway event, I had sent Carl Tilley several
emails with lists of things to check prior to doing a high speed test
with a 20 year old, low mileage car, but he had assured me that the
entire car had been gone over by his team.  Regardless of how the
Tillet Device could or could not perform, I did not want a Delorean
to be the scape-goat of the project, which later it turned out to be.

Since then, the Tilley website has added information on two SUV donor
vehicles, the first being a Nissan XTerra, which had a failed attempt
for conversion, later replaced with a Chevy Blazer 2WD vehicle, which
is slated for completion next week(?).  The site still says they will
run the Delorean again when the SUV is completed, so we will have to
wait and see what will happen this time.

I repeated my suggestion to Carl Tilley via email that if he really
wants to "test" his device for an extended run, that he should attempt
the tests at or under the legal speed limit.  Running initial "tests"
at or over 100 mph has little to prove for everyday vehicle use.

By the way, there is another new Tilley vehicle being tested.  It is
a modified golf cart called the Tilley All Terrain Vehicle.  My guess
is that the initial tests will be very positive, but the cart will
have a mechanical failure because it was not originally designed to
go over 35 miles per hour and was not meant to be driven under such
harsh, off road conditions.  Does that sound a little familiar?

I just hope that if Carl Tilley does attempt to prove something with
his electric Delorean, I hope he does not use it as the scape-goat
on any future testing.  There are plenty flux capacitor jokes without
adding Tilley Device jokes to the mix.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, kkoncelik_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Well we are about a week away from printing the first issue of
DeLorean Car

Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 19:44:13 -0000
From: "James LaLonde <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: You asked for it, Bill! Long one.

Well I arrived in wonderful Montgomery City on the day before
Thanksgiving.
I approached the car with a fluttering heart (what if this car is a
P.O.S... what if the seller lied.. what if what if what if!). That
wasn't helped by the obviously misfiring engine of the already-
running car... that had been stored WITH gas in the tank.

Well no harm-no foul. The miss sounded me like a simple problem
(ignition or fuel injection problem)-so I dismissed that out of
mind. Now looking at the car, I was very PLEASANTLY surprised. Not
only had the seller not lied about the cars cosmetic condition...
but it was better than he made it out to be. No dings, PERFECT
interior (save a small crack in the face of the 170mph speedo, which
you can't see unless you have a light pointed at it), EVERYTHING
works right (save the misfire, and the spongy hydraulics.. both
clutch and brake). Not only that but he HAD lied... CD player not
cassette. Being that I don't give a rats behind about this sort of
originality, I also liked the custom exhuast and high-quality (for
the early 90's) alarm system that were installed.
Now the paint was probably a 8 of 10 in quality. But the black parts
(lourves, bumbers)were shiney - not matte... which I abhore (no
offense to you shiney-lovers out there), and the gray was lighter
than the stainless (I prefer it "stock" mismatched...  slightly
darker than the Stainless). But I knew I'd get it repainted anyways.

So, being that the car was already running and I had already noted
that the previous owner had installed a check valve/new style banjo
on the old style fuel pump (with the check valve already
integrated... ??) and another check valve (used as a banjo bolt) on
the fuel distributor's fuel intake line -- I took the car for quick
drive. I could sense the engine struggling for fuel and the clutch
slipping like sh*t on a brick, but could also feel how much power
the exhaust had added... I'm sure you understand the feeling, you
can feel the power of the engine even though it's not getting all
the way to the wheels. Other than the misfire, and once you got past
idle, the engine ran and sounded smooth and healthy... if louder
than stock.

Since I've begun work I also notice the previous owner had
installed  another smaller fuel filter/screen in the tank. And the
rubber hoses were now more like putty.
Now the cleanliness of the car was very nice, but was only skin-
deep. The intake manifold now removed... I see the 8 pounds of dirt
collected under there. (since cleaned)

We trailered the car home, not wanting to chance-it with the poor
idle and old fuel system. My dad kept getting pissed at other people
on the road for sitting right next to the trailer, and not letting
him switch lanes. It wasn't until 1/2 way through the trip that he
realize why. They were gawking at the car! It was though, an un-
eventful trip back home... other than our speechless praise of the
combination White Castle/Krispy Kreme restaurant we saw on the way
back.

Update on my bolt; we managed to get a hole drilled through the damn
thing with a right-angle chuck attachement, and we got a bolt
extracted to bite on the bolt, but... once it gets under some torque
that drill simply un-screws itself from the right-angle attachment
rather that twisted the bolt (the right-angle attachment obivously
wasn't meant to be used in reverse). I'm close... but may have to
drop 100 bucks into a stub-nose drill.

Thanks for your interest Bill! We all know how much each other loves
talking about our cars! Interesting how much desire we have to hear
about and even look at other DeLoreans.. considering (unlike most
other collector cars) they all basically EXACTLY THE SAME.
Surprising how well the car shows do...(I know, I know.. it's more
for the people than the cars... and yes I am planning on being at
Pigeon Forge)

I don't think I annouced to list my substanial settlement on the
car, either. I was pleasantly surprised here too. (I hadn't posted
it during the settling, I didn't want to jinx it). They wanted to
give me 20,500. But I settled for 18,500, plus me keeping the scrap
without the title changing hands (no salvage title). Then as you
know I sold 1697 to Dumb _at_dml_ss (I mean Erik) and Fred Geerdink for
$3,800. So I netted $21,516.56
I must say... they paid me WAY too much. But I won't complain.
BTW, I paid $11,800 for 4009... if you care about any of this you
may want to know that too. :P

All in all, other than the world's loss of a DMC-12... the situation
turned out well.

-James L 004009
(Just kidding about the dumb _at_dml_ss. Erik... just a comedic recall to
your previous post :P)

Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:19:34 -0500
From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean_at_dml_abato.net>
Subject: RE: Calander

Pictures of my car all for your use....

http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/scrapbook/members/abato/abato.htm

Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 21:15:17 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: You asked for it, Bill! Long one.

Moderators, please don't cut this email.  I feel I have a right to
reply back to this one.

James, I find it very inapporpriate to discuss our transaction on the
DML.  From the begining I wasn't fond of you "updating" the DML on
the situation.  Nobody needed to know how much we paid for car  For
one, I don't think they really care, and two..its none of their
business.
Now to say in this public forum that we paid way to much?  I am very
upset by this.  I'm extremely upset at you, and I'm disappointed at
the moderator who let it pass through.
To read your post is embarrasing to me and my father.  For you to
call me a "dumb ass" within the context of what you wrote offends me
greatly.  I don't care if it was in comedic relief.  Its not
appropriate for you to discuss this on the DML.  Its none of their
business.
Feel free to contact me OFF THE LIST!

And to the moderator: Please don't post anything else related to my
transaction with James LaLonde.  It is not benefiting anyone else on
the list.

Erik Geerdink

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "James LaLonde <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_e...>"

Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 17:44:24 EST
From: P12C16_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: You asked for it, Bill! Long one.

I'm going to have to side with Eric  on this one.  True, it was freedom of
speech, but I think James was lacking maturity when he felt everyone needed
to know what he paid.  Personally, I don't care, and I highly doubt that Eric
is the "Dumb _at_dml_ss" here.  A DeLorean is worth a different amount of money to
everyone, and going public about prices without his consent is childish and
lacking moral.  James, at first I felt sorry for you losing your D, but now I
see maybe you deserved it...too bad the DeLorean had to pay with its life.

Patrick
VIN:  In the Future....

Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 23:03:45 -0000
From: "James LaLonde <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Re: You asked for it, Bill! Long one. correction

Mods: again please post this to the list, so the list is aware that
I'd *trying* to set things right with Erik, but I will post no more
info on this.

> > I don't think I annouced to list my substanial settlement on the
> > car, either. I was pleasantly surprised here too. They wanted to
> > give me 20,500. But I settled for 18,500, plus me keeping the
scrap
> > without the title changing hands (no salvage title). Then as you
> > know I sold 1697 to Dumb _at_dml_ss (I mean Erik) and Fred Geerdink for
> > $3,800. So I netted $21,516.56
> > I must say... they paid me WAY too much. But I won't complain.
> > BTW, I paid $11,800 for 4009... if you care about any of this
you
> > may want to know that too. :P

I completly understand how this was misinterpreted. I should have
ordered my statements differently. I feel Erik and Fred got a good
deal on 1697, and hope they'll be happy with her.

I meant MetLife (the insurance company) paid me too much for the
settlement. I felt I was on good enough terms with Erik to jokingly
insult him. I crossed the line, and for that apologize and hopefully
am able to rectify the situation with him. Everything else will be
handled offlist with him directly.
Again to everyone, especially Erik and Fred - I am sorry.

James L 004009

Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 17:05:06 -0700
From: "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com>
Subject: traveller

Hi there,
        I arrived safe and sound in D.C., however all of my bags have not.
A few list members contacted me and gave me their numbers and since that bag
still has not caught up with me I can't call you.  If you read this, please
send me another email, guys.  I would like to get together with some owners
while I am down here.

Thanks,
Matthew