From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1314
Date: Saturday, December 21, 2002 4:36 AM

1. Re: Insurance upgrade offer.
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: BTTF boosted intrested in the car?
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

3. I Love the 80s REMINDER
From: "delorean66 <delorean66_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <delorean66_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Re: Re: Insurance upgrade offer.
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

5. Re: Re: Insurance upgrade offer.
From: William T Wilson <fluffy_at_dml_snurgle.org>

6. Another animated DeLorean
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

7. Re: Making Good Impressions Of Our Car...
From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

8. Brake fluid damage to frame
From: "Hank Eskin" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>

9. window post
From: "edherrmann <edherrmann_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <edherrmann_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. 10 year undriven
From: "John Gedeon <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>

11. 10 year not driven
From: "John Gedeon <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>

12. window post
From: "edherrmann <edherrmann_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <edherrmann_at_dml_yahoo.com>

13. Re: "DUHHH!!!!" at the gas pump
From: "treehouse2000us <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

14. DMC2 Watch
From: "treehouse2000us <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>

15. Poll results for dmcnews
From: dmcnews

16. Poll results for dmcnews
From: dmcnews

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 05:17:13 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance upgrade offer.

Insurance is a real tough thing to compare between different states.
Every state has different rules that the insurance companies must
operate under and it changes the limits, coverage and premiums. I DO
have Hagerty in New Jersey. It is a limited mileage, collector's
policy. I can only drive 2,500 miles a year (they aren't too strict
about that as long as you don't say rack up 6,000 miles in 2 years
say). If I wanted more than $20,000 I would have to have the car
profesionally appraised and supply them with photos. The premium would
also be A LOT HIGHER!!! Right now it costs me about $325 a year. I
never had a claim with them. They seem very nice on the phone and they
seem to care about the customers and are interested in collector cars,
they seem to specialize in them. They advertise in many of the car
publications and I see them at many shows. I hope I never have to find
out how cooperative they are at settling claims. Here in New Jersey we
 are among the highest cost car insurance states in the country. We
also seem to every year lose a couple of insurance companies so the
costs go up higher every year with less and less competition. On a
daily driver it is not unheard of to pay $2,000 for a bare bones
policy even with a good record. It is important that in the policy
there is a "Declared" or "Agreed Upon" value so if the car is stolen
or totaled that is what you receive less any deductible. I have AAA
for my wife and 2 daughters and it is cheap for the piece of mind,
they don't have to call me if they forgot to turn the lights off or
have a flat or run out of gas! AAA also gives you enough maps to cover
the membership and they can save you money on hotels and travel
through their arangements.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "mlick27 <mlick27_at_dml_y...>"

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 05:23:46 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: BTTF boosted intrested in the car?

What is going to make a difference in the value of Deloreans is the
prices they go for at auctions. If interest is still high in January
in AZ at the Barrett-Jackson auction and the 1 Delorean goes for a
high price it will raise the market for Deloreans for the year. I am
hopeful there will be a strong market for collector cars in general as
more and more people are not putting their money in the bank for 2%
interest and they won't stick it in the stock market anymore so
collectables should be a strong and rising market. We shall see what
happens in Az and in February in Atlantic City.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh_at_dml_y...>
wrote:

> It seems to me that the release on dvd hasnt generated anymore
awareness than usual.People are still pretty much convinced that John
DeLorean was a coke dealer (those who remember him anyway) ,its hard
to change peoples minds.You cant seem to pry someones attention away
from their television for 5 minutes anymore,even is the car in bttf is
parked outside.

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 06:41:24 -0000
From: "delorean66 <delorean66_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <delorean66_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: I Love the 80s REMINDER

For the people, like myself, that missed the 1981 episode of "I Love
the 80s" featuring the DeLorean: The episode will air again on
Monday Dec. 30 (9am) & Friday Jan. 3 (5pm) on VH1. Source:
tvguide.com

Grigor
Greg's DeLorean Site
http://www.deloreans.cjb.net/

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 06:15:14 -0800
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Insurance upgrade offer.

I don't want to start another insurance thread as it's been discussed over
and over already but I would like to mention my experiance with Haggerty.
Initially they put my DeLorean in the Exotic category but then changed it to
Classic and refunded a portion of my premium. I pay $345 annually in
Minnesota and have no mileage restrictions. A few years back our "Touring
Society" planned a road trip to the Canadian Rockies. It's a long way from
Minnesota to Edmonton so I called Haggerty and described the trip and asked
if this would be a problem. Their response was "have fun!" They've been
automaticaly increasing the coverage and currently it's $20,500. The nice
thing about Haggerty is they don't compund the liability if you insure more
than one collector car. They understand you can only drive one at a time.
You pay comprehensive for each vehicle but only one liability premium.

Bruce Benson

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:11:43 -0500 (EST)
From: William T Wilson <fluffy_at_dml_snurgle.org>

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net> wrote:

> policy even with a good record. It is important that in the policy there
> is a "Declared" or "Agreed Upon" value so if the car is stolen

Be careful with this.  A declared value is simply what they base your
premiums on, an agreed value is what they pay if the car is totaled (and
what they base the premiums on).  Make sure when getting a policy that you
clearly make sure what you are getting.  A declared value does you no good
if they still have the right to total the car based on some other value.

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:03:32 -0500
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: Another animated DeLorean

I don't know if you guys know of 3 South on MTV, but it's a great show. A
bunch of guys from Family Guy, Invader Zim, and Futurama got together and
created it.

Last night, a doctor was discussing how he had dreamt of having a nice house
and a fancy car while hew as in medical school. His dream car: a DeLorean.

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:01:55 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Making Good Impressions Of Our Car...

Eric

About this anatomy thing - Almost 20 years ago when my sister-in-law
first saw my DeLorean, which was her first time to see a DeLorean,
she had pulled her car in behind it in the driveway. The first words
out of her mouth were - "it looks like it's in heat". I've never
quite looked at my D the same way after that.

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:50:50 -0500
From: "Hank Eskin" <henry_at_dml_ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Brake fluid damage to frame

Hello All,

  I just got back from Rob Grady's where he did a number of repairs to my car - including rear brakes, re-hosing the entire cooling system, and some frame/epoxy work from a leaking master brake cylinder (long since fixed).  In case anyone wanted to see exactly what leaking brake fluid does to your frame, you can check out the photos here:   http://www.eskin.net/delorean/grady-repairs12-2002/

There are also some photos of the coolant lines and water pump that really needed replacement.  Some of you will remember my swollen bypass hoses from the Fall Foliage tour tech-session.

I love visiting Rob, Deb and Pat...but boy, they sure are some expensive visits! (But well worth it.)

-Hank #1619

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:38:52 -0000
From: "edherrmann <edherrmann_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <edherrmann_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: window post

Does anyone know if the window post trim (A and B)design has changed
from the 81 model to the 82 model. I just received a left hand post
off e-bay and it won't fit. It has a different design where the post
meets the dash. I have a 82 and the design of the post won't fit or
match.
If anyone has an 81 and a 82 or 83 model together could you check if
the post designs are the same. Thanks  ED

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:45:10 -0000
From: "John Gedeon <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: 10 year undriven

( Moderator's note: Could any response to this be done off the list. I think we'll all agree this subject has been beaten to death over the last few months. )

Hi all,

   I have been peeking in and out of the dmcnews site and saw a car
there for sale. It hasn't been driven in 10 years. I was wondering
what considerations one should take in before serious purchase
inquiry? Since I know that any gas in the car has probably ruined the
tank and would need to be changed before it is started again, what
options are the for moving it? And how long/much would probable
repairs take to get it running again?

Thanks for the info
Sorry if this is all old info I am still new to Deloreans

John

VIN: no, mabye later

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:05:44 -0000
From: "John Gedeon <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: 10 year not driven

I just read an old post that is on the dmcnews site that explained to
me why I shouldn't get a project car just thought I would share. So
my last post doesn't matter :) sorry. maybe the moderator will delete
it (Thanks)

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/restoration.htm

Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:07:09 -0000
From: "edherrmann <edherrmann_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <edherrmann_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Never mind on the previous post. Upon closer examination of the post
I bought it seems the portion where the post meets the dash has been
deformed. Looks like the plastic melted or was in extream heat to
form a smooth radius that is not supposed to be there. It actually
looks like it is part of the design. Thanks anyway.  Ed

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 00:11:53 -0000
From: "treehouse2000us <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: "DUHHH!!!!" at the gas pump

Ok, firebomb me guys.  I know its probley not DeLorean related,
(mabye it is), but could someone tell me who Raulph is?  Did he build
a car as well?  Dont need a huge explanation.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Confused Tom?!?
Vin: Summer 2003

------a little modified...

this...too funny....
When I pulled into the station, the attendant made conversation
Attendant:"Seen Raulph lately?"
Kevin:    "Raulph the reindeer?
Attendant: "No, The guy who made the car....Raulph Lauren"

He felt a little silly,

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 00:23:02 -0000
From: "treehouse2000us <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: DMC2 Watch

I know, I know.  The official word, even from some of the respected
DMC vendors and other knollegeable people say that there will never
be another DeLorean (super model or cheap model) besides the supposed
prototype John built within the last 5 years.

I do however have another question, that I dont have $3500 bucks to
find out. (I do, but I'm saving it for the car, cant drive a watch.)
Did John ever create those watches, and if he did make them, does
anyone have one?  To me, if he made the watch, theres hope that there
might be a new car, but I will 'finaly'[ :+( ] give up hope if there
are no watches.

Long Live That Elusive Dream

Tom Porter
Vin: Summer 2003

Date: 21 Dec 2002 08:38:43 -0000
From: dmcnews
Subject: Poll results for dmcnews

The following dmcnews poll is now closed.  Here are the
final results:

POLL QUESTION: How much do you drive your delorean a
year? Is it your primary car or just
for show and occasional fun?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- 10,000 mi.+ a year, 1 votes, 3.70%
- fair weather car 5,000-10,000mi, 7 votes, 25.93%
- 1,000-5,000 mi, 13 votes, 48.15%
- just for fun and show < 1,000 mi, 3 votes, 11.11%
- this is my only car, if it breaks I call a friend, 3 votes, 11.11%

INDIVIDUAL VOTES
- 10,000 mi.+ a year
     - johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com
- fair weather car 5,000-10,000mi
     - mpolans_at_dml_creeper.com
     - stuartalexander_at_dml_hotmail.com
     - louie_at_dml_delorean.com
     - acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com
     - stitsien_at_dml_lvcm.com
     - deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com
     - dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca
- 1,000-5,000 mi
     - dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com
     - howgheyihadtoregisteragain_at_dml_yahoo.com
     - mark_at_dml_buffalochips.org
     - gerenpreiss_at_dml_netscape.net
     - brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net
     - jmpdmc7878_at_dml_yahoo.com
     - andersen_at_dml_connected.bc.ca
     - grtroxell_at_dml_yahoo.com
     - buickhawk_at_dml_hotmail.com
     - bob7254_at_dml_aol.com
     - khyron_21502_at_dml_yahoo.com
     - delorean_at_dml_ramblerman.com
     - vin4258_at_dml_delorean.com
- just for fun and show < 1,000 mi
     - meester_at_dml_sprynet.com
     - treehouse2000us_at_dml_yahoo.com
     - gmfm1_at_dml_att.net
- this is my only car, if it breaks I call a friend
     - putsch.1_at_dml_osu.edu
     - DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com
     - Maul555_at_dml_email.com

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

Date: 21 Dec 2002 08:38:49 -0000
From: dmcnews

The following dmcnews poll is now closed.  Here are the
final results:

POLL QUESTION: In your opinion, what is the best
suspension/lowering solution available?

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- PJ Grady's Front Springs & 4 High Performance Shocks (approx $600), 4 votes, 66.67%
- DMC Texas' 4 Lowering springs w/ original shocks ($550) , 1 votes, 16.67%
- DMC Texas' 4 Lowering springs w/ 4 High Performance Shocks (approx $1350), 1 votes, 16.67%
- 4 Cut rear springs w/ original shocks, 0 votes, 0.00%
- I like the original design best. , 0 votes, 0.00%
- None of these. (post your ideas on the mailing list), 0 votes, 0.00%

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/