From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1323
Date: Monday, December 30, 2002 4:18 AM

1. BTTF DVD box set review
From: "Tommy <Maul555_at_dml_email.com>" <Maul555_at_dml_email.com>

2. Re: Re: Red Hot Exhaust / Melted Catalytic Converter
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

3. Re: Rene Grieder.....where are you?
From: Ulysses Stockdale <smoolie671_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. Rear Fascia
From: "BDM" <bmims1_at_dml_ut-texas.com>

5. Re: Rear Fascia
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

6. need upper door trim and armrest bezel
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

7. biggest speaker possible in rear speaker holes
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

8. Steering Canopy's
From: "geek321y <tecno_at_dml_mpinet.net>" <tecno_at_dml_mpinet.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 20:35:43 -0000
From: "Tommy <Maul555_at_dml_email.com>" <Maul555_at_dml_email.com>
Subject: BTTF DVD box set review

If anyone is interested, i recently came across a review of the new
DVD box set for Back to the Future.

http://www.tomshardware.com/game/200212281/index.html

enjoy  : )

Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:30:36 -0800
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Red Hot Exhaust / Melted Catalytic Converter

In a sense everyone is right here. Excess fuel will build up in the cat and
eventually burn even though the combustion temps themselves are lower. An
extremely lean condition will bring combustion temps way up and result is
very high exhaust temps. For example, anyone running a turbocharger system
that has had an intake tube connection come loose would have seen a really
lean mix causing the exhaust manifolds to glow red. It wouldn't be very
likely that this would cause a failure of the convertor unless the car was
driven that way for a prolonged period; an unlikly event as the car would be
running pretty poorly under that condition.

Bruce Benson

Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:37:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Ulysses Stockdale <smoolie671_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rene Grieder.....where are you?

I was going to buy his car but I couldn't. the last
time we talked he told me that he put it on e-bay. I
was so close to getting it......made me cry....
Ulysses

--- "supremeadmiralsenn <StadnickAd_at_dml_usa.irene.net>"

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 15:13:31 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
From: "BDM" <bmims1_at_dml_ut-texas.com>
Subject: Rear Fascia

A bolt holding my DeLoreans AC belt tension bracket sheared and is stuck in
the engine block.  I need to drill this out of the block.  It appears the
easiest way to get access is to remove the rear fascia.  Alternatively, pull
the engine for this procedure.  What is the best way?  I would appreciate
any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Bobby Mims

Tyler, Texas..

Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:58:50 EST
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear Fascia

Bobby, There are some good right angle drill heads that might let you drill
w/o having to pull the rear fascia.Other than that they are a bitch. Water
pump bolts break also.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:57:05 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: need upper door trim and armrest bezel

Hello list,

i am looking for anyone who might be selling the following items (i know you
guys are out there...):

1. Driver's side BLACK upper door trim w/fir tree clips. must be as-new,
undamaged, unfaded, etc.

2. Driver's side trim bezel (the frame that goes around the door handle,
lock, power mirror switch) . must be uncracked, preferably all tabs still on
it.

Please email me off-list at Soma576_at_dml_aol.com with information.

Andy

Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102

Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:59:58 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: biggest speaker possible in rear speaker holes

List,

i am interested in getting rid of those terrible 4x10's and putting something
half-decent back there.  what is the biggest possible speaker that will fit
in the hole w/o modifying the trim that goes over it? i don't mind making a
plate or brackets.

4" round? 5.25"? 5x7? 6x9? 6" round?

Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 02:57:40 -0000
From: "geek321y <tecno_at_dml_mpinet.net>" <tecno_at_dml_mpinet.net>
Subject: Steering Canopy's

I have brand new upper and lower Canopy's #101986-101987 for sale
make me offer$