From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1325
Date: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 4:49 AM

1. Re: Blown A/C hose
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com

2. Re: Re: Alternator-wiring
From: Jan van de Wouw <jvdwouw_at_dml_home.nl>

3. Broken bolt in engine block
From: "BDM" <bmims1_at_dml_ut-texas.com>

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:12:24 EST
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Blown A/C hose

Hello list,

I had the thicker AC hose blow after it came in contact with the exhaust
crossover pipe, I would check there first.  Pray that you didnt blow the
thick hose, because replacement is a nightmare (trust me on that one).

Best wishes for a safe and happy new year,
Andrew 4194

Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 02:25:56 +0100
From: Jan van de Wouw <jvdwouw_at_dml_home.nl>
Subject: Re: Re: Alternator-wiring

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:19:04 EST, dherv10_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

> Jan, As you may know by now the brown/yellow wire is called the light
> wire. That is the only wire used on the new GM regulators that I build.
[snip]
> If the brown wire is hooked up to most new style alternators
> it will burn up the regulator after a bit.

I was afraid of that, so I tried putting the wires from the alternator
together and then going to the light, but this didn't work; no charging,
no volt-reading on the gauge...
At Idle without any accesoiries running we got 13.4V at the starter-post,
revving the engine produced between 14.6 and 14.8V, dropping to 14.2V
with the lights and highbeams on.

> Without the brown /yellow wire hooked up the light won't come on and
> the alternator won't charge. Also, if the dash light goes out the
> alternator won't charge. Use a 161 bulb only.

Allready knew that from you ;-) Now I could REALLY use some suggestions;
without the light-wire I get no charging, without the sense-wire there's
no charging either! But I'd hate to burn up the regulator; should I put
in a resistor of some sort? Any suggestions?

I didn't pay much attention to the brand of alternator, but I know it's
an aftermarkert one, no Ducellier of Motorola. The owner bought it locally.
If important I could ask him what brand/type it is...

Thanks for the help,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:31:15 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
From: "BDM" <bmims1_at_dml_ut-texas.com>
Subject: Broken bolt in engine block

Walter Coe pointed out an error in my previous posting.  I meant the Air
Conditioner bracket not the Alternator bracket.

The bolt that has sheered is a bolt holding the Air conditioner compressor
tensioning bracket.  This bolt appears to be broken with head and 1/8" of
thread shaft missing.  Is there a procedure for removing this bolt without
removing the rear fascia to gain access?  If not then how big a job is it to
remove the Rear Fascia.

I guess if I remove it then I'll just take the opportunity to repaint the
thing also.

Thanks to Walt!

Regards,

Bobby Mims