From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 876
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 2:18 PM

1. RE: Stock DMC Mufflert cutaway view
From: "Willie Mack" <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu>

2. RE: trailing arm bolt incident
From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>

3. Car Show w/BTTF Car and Dinner
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. HID headlight wiring
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

5. Just for info/fun
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>

6. Shops around Charlotte -- RETRACTION
From: Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins_at_dml_uno.edu>

7. Re: HID headlight wiring
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

8. Re: Stock DMC Mufflert cutaway view
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

9. Re: Stock DMC Mufflert cutaway view
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Re: Stock DMC Mufflert cutaway view
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

11. New 1/43rd Minichamps Limited Edition Model
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>

12. Re: Stock DMC Mufflert cutaway view...Borla
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

13. Lifting rear of DeLorean
From: "Joe Thome" <joethome_at_dml_jps.net>

14. Stock DeLorean air box; Volvo 760 GLE
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:12:15 -0500
From: "Willie Mack" <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu>
Subject: RE: Stock DMC Mufflert cutaway view

[MODERATOR's NOTE -- perhaps a more direct question might be what Borla exhaust fits the DeLorean and where can you get it.]

mark where can you obtain a borla?

Willie

Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:06:47 -0700
From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl_at_dml_techline.com>
Subject: RE: trailing arm bolt incident

> did anyone look at pearce design products? he offers a new trailing arm and
> support bracket

I just looked at it and agree - a very clever design which uses a standard
Heim joint (spherical rod end) to put the twisting movement on the end of
the trailing arm instead of on the TAB at the frame.  This is roughly
similar to the Corvette as I mentioned earlier.  I love this kind of
innovation!

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
THE ORIGINAL Specialty Automotive

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 05:21:04 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Car Show w/BTTF Car and Dinner

Just a reminder that some "D" owners in the New Jersey area will be
going to the NJ Car show at the Expo Center in Secaucus. The show has
the BTTF car built by Bob Brandys and he will be flying in to the show
and having dinner with us Saturday evening. The show is featuring the
2002 cars by many manufacturers AND THE BATMOBILE! Please E-mail me
offlist if you plan on coming so I can have enough seating for dinner
which will be about 9:00 PM. There isn't much that is Delorean related
around here in the winter so if anyone isn't busy this is probably the
most you will do until Spring!

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 01:45:04 -0500
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: HID headlight wiring

When working on the car, (such as when removing the front fascia) is it ever
necessary to unplug the headlamp harness (part # 100536) from the main
harness (part # 100535)?  Or are these connections present only to make it
easier to assemble the car for the first time?

The reason I ask is because I'm getting ready to run additional power feeds
for the HID headlight ballasts.  If there is no need to put a plug here,
then I will just make it a continuous run.  But if I later need to remove
the fascia, I don't want to have to cut any wires because of my HID
installation.

For those who care to know, the kit has a wiring harness pre-assembled so
that the control relays & bridge diode are located in the front of the car.
This is fine for a front engine car with the battery located under the hood.
But in the case with the DeLorean, it makes more sense to locate the relays
in the relay compartment and run two power feeds (one for each headlight
ballast) to the front of the car.  (Meanwhile my passenger door is
completely apart while I reinstall my window.)

Walt    Tampa, FL

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:50:05 -0000
From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: Just for info/fun

Whilst getting a new set of rear brake pads for my D I did a bit of cross referencing to see which cars they are of.

Looking at the list of cars we share with, it just shows how prestige our cars really are, so I have listed our colleagues below:-

Aston Martin Lagonda    01/79 - 06/90
Aston Martin Vantage    01/87 - 12/89
Aston Martin Vantage    11/93 - 08/99
Aston Martin Virage       01/90 - 08/99
Aston Martin Volante     06/78 - 01/87
Daimler 4.2                   06/68 - 10/86
Daimler Double Six        07/72 - 10/86
Daimler Sovereign         10/69 - 09/83
Daimler Vandan Plas     04/75 - 10/86
Jaguar XJ6                    10/68 - 12/74
Jaguar E Type               11/68 - 12/74

Quite a collection I'm sure you will agree.

Regards

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:00:53 -0600
From: Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins_at_dml_uno.edu>
Subject: Shops around Charlotte -- RETRACTION

Discussing my trip to Charlotte with my folks, I found out that Sparks
has stopped working on anything but Chrysler vehicles after the merge
with Daimler-Benz. Bobby and Jim have retired. David Kimray, whom I
know, still works there, and Ken is still the owner of the dealership,
but apparently all the other personnel have changed in the last two
years.

My apologies to anyone who took their De to Sparks in the meantime. I
should have checked my facts first. I guess that's why I'm not a
scientist. ;)

Regards,
Farrar

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:10:26 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: HID headlight wiring

Walt,

I got a pair of HID for my sons 75 olds.  It said that I did not have to upgrade the
wiring because the HID light actually draw less amps than a standard headlight once they
warm up in a few seconds.

You might want to check this out.  It would save a lot of work.

BOB

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:39:15 +0000
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

Does this mean you know of one that fits the DeLorean? I'm interested,
esp as they have a European base. I can get the back box done at the
same time as the manifold gaskets and pulling the cat out.

DOC UK

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:51:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Not to get into a muffler argument, but Borla is
certainly ONE of the best ------

For another alternative, look into Spintech (I am not
connected to them).

Dick Ryan

--- id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com> wrote:
> the best flowing muffler out that is street legal is
> BORLA! they are quiet sounding with a little muscle
> sound to them, and when you open up that throttle
> they sound like a V8.
>
> mark
>
> "C. C. Cameron Putsch" wrote:
>
> > I am in the proces of custom rebuilding a stock
> Delorean muffler for better flow as the stock one
> flows about as good as a coffee stir straw. Anyway I
> took a picture of what the STOCK muffler looks like
> inside, because I am sure some of you wondered
> what's in there. Just go to photos and then techie
> stuff in the dmc news website. The picture is
> clearly labled and self explanitory.
> >
> > Sincerely, Casey Putsch

> removed]
> >
> > To address comments privately to the moderating
> team, please address:
> > moderator_at_dml_dmcnews.com

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> team, please address:
> moderator_at_dml_dmcnews.com

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:26:02 -0800
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

http://www.borla.com/
1-877-462-6752 is the phone number

Borla is an exhaust only company and that is what they specialize in. the Borla exhaust system is 100% T-304 stainless steel
free flow exhaust. the camaro exhaust on some of the older models had a single inlet in and a dual outlet so it should bolt up
like the stock delorean exhaust with a cross over pipe to connect to the single inlet otherwise it can be run with a 2 muffler
system with 2 turbo mufflers that are about 13" long and this will have a sound like a stock mustang. this is a high
performance system that sounds stock at idle and normal driving but when you open it up it sounds like a muscle car but not
annoying like a glasspack. they also have a 1,000,000 mile warranty. the muffler can also be polished to a shine. the mufflers
are free flowing with no restrictions. sorry i dont have a part number that will fit the delorean and on there web site they
dont have an application for a delorean but i know they have a muffler that will fit. i have heard and drove the 197hp black
delorean that houston has and it sounds like it has a FLOWMASTER BRAND muffler on it. the problem with the flowmaster brand
that i dont like is a deep bass that gets in your head that is real annoying and their mufflers are not T-304ss. to hear the
197hp black delorean see Tamirs delorean site  and look under "custom d's"  "misc from '01"  "set 1" and you can hear and see
it. http://www.entermyworld.com/custom/index.html

hope this helps
mark

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:06:44 -0600
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_usadmc.com>
Subject: New 1/43rd Minichamps Limited Edition Model

The most popular model of 2001 was undoubtedly the 1/18 scale die cast model
from Sunstar. This is something even better!

How about a truly limited edition, intricately detailed model? Created by
one of the top model makers in the world, whose previous limited edition
models have appreciated in value by as much as 600%?

This new 1/43 scale model will not even be publicly announced by the
manufacturer until the end of January. The production is limited to 9,999
pieces, and each model is packaged in a very cool box with a booklet telling
a bit of the "DeLorean story". DeLorean Motor Company has the first supplies
of these limited edition models, and after offering them first to
subscribers to deloreans magazine last week, we are making them available to
the general public now!

See the model here:

http://www.delorean.com/43_scale_model.asp

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:50:51 EST
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Re: Stock DMC Mufflert cutaway view...Borla

In late 1999 I contacted Borla at their California Headquarters to check on
the availability of the DeLorean Borla muffler. No longer available.
    Fred Lockett the "DeLorean Pilot" of Philadelphia, PA, at one point
carried the muffler in stock. After consulting with Rob Grady the best
application of a high performance DeLorean muffler was a twin inlet and twin
outlet design. Unfortunately Borla is no longer producing the DeLorean
muffler or will they take orders for such a DeLorean muffler.  However, Rob
did discuss the high performance exhaust on his Green car when I was offered
to drive it.
    I can offer this advice. A New York City DeLorean owner, Kayo Ong, drives
his DeLorean everyday. He spent some serious money with a custom exhaust
designer and fabricator for his DeLorean.  Maybe he can share his thoughts
why he replaced the custom setup with the stock, factory, OEM DeLorean
exhaust.

Keep it stock.

Best Wishes,
Michael Pack

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:46:56 -0800
From: "Joe Thome" <joethome_at_dml_jps.net>
Subject: Lifting rear of DeLorean

Dear List members:

Is the bracket onto which the rear shock absorber is mounted strong enough to hold up the weight of a DeLorean? I believe this bracket is part of what is called the rear hub carrier. I want to raise the back half of my car (VIN 6467) and would like to either lift it by placing a jack under that shock bracket or either rest the car on blocks or a jack stand placed under that bracket.

I thank those in advance who will respond to my question.

Joe Thome

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:56:54 EST
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: Stock DeLorean air box; Volvo 760 GLE

    I have purchased a new 1982 Volvo 760 GLE, PRV V-6 air filter set up. The
engine in this Volvo is a PRV with Bosch K-Jetronic fuel injection. The air
box sits in the area of the coolant tank (K&N makes a filter for this airbox)
with a long flexible hose connecting to the air/fuel mixture unit. The unit
bolts right up to the DMC intake, as it was utilized in the Volvo 760. It is
a different airbox for the PRV engine.
    I would like to test this on a DeLorean engine for measurements. If any
owner in the area is willing to participate, please email me off line.

Best Wishes,
Michael Pack