From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 882
Date: Monday, January 28, 2002 6:46 AM

1. RE: ebay Delorean 601095323
From: "Mike Substelny" <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>

2. 1987 PRV engine on ebay 25k miles
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com

3. Texas Monster Truck Update
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>

4. Re: too cool cooling, stuck thermostat?!
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

5. Re: Faded Signal Lenses
From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. DeLorean color appearance
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

7. engine info
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Window tint issues
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:08:15 -0500
From: "Mike Substelny" <msubstel_at_dml_lorainccc.edu>
Subject: RE: ebay Delorean 601095323

This looks like Dave Colley's car (Compare the ebay picture to the
"fantasy castle" picture of Dave's car on the DML Photo of the Month
page).  If so, it is one of the most award winning DeLoreans in the world.
As I understand it the car has won more People's Choice awards than I can
count, from DeLorean and non-DeLorean shows alike.  All it has to do is
show up anywhere and it goes home with a trophy,  plaque, or ribbon that
says "First Place."

Dave's car was turbocharged, lowered, and tastefully customized with
Ferrari red paint and custom ground effects.  He had a luggage rack and
seatcover colored to match the car.  He always kept it in perfect running
condition and drove it to DeLorean events here in Ohio.  I believe that he
and his wife recently moved to Florida, and I presume their beautiful
DeLorean moved with them.

I, too, once heard a rumor that Dave was injured in an accident with the
car, but I do not know if the rumor is true.  I *do* know that Dave's
DeLorean won many awards, and I feel comfortable calling it the most
attractive DeLorean automobile in the world.

- Mike Substelny

Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 22:42:17 EST
From: Senatorpack_at_dml_cs.com
Subject: 1987 PRV engine on ebay 25k miles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601143803&r=

0&t=0

1987 Volvo 760 B280F V-6 Engine with only 25,000 miles. Compression is 195,
195, 185, 195, 190, 195. Like new. No longer available from Volvo. Approx
shipping weight will be 500# class 85 freight.

Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:12:12 -0600
From: "David Swingle" <dswingle_at_dml_enteract.com>
Subject: Texas Monster Truck Update

or - "Not Your Father's DeLorean".  If you are a DeLorean purist, you may want to skip to the next posting.

You my recall a few weeks ago that I posted something about the infamous "Texas Monster Truck" making its way to Chicago. In the ensuing couple of weeks, Rich has been working his tail off getting it prepared for the official unveiling next weekend at the "World of Wheels" show in Chicago (McCormick Place Feb 1  - 3). He's made a lot of progress, but still has lots to do in the next 5 days. Tamir has set up a website to track the progress of the car (now officially re-christened "D-REX"), and you'll be able to see the finished project at this same website after the W-O-W show.

In the mean time, follow along at  http://www.entermyworld.com/rich/ as Rich and the gang weld and paint their way to the ultimate non-concours, V8-powered, 4-wheel drive DeLorean.

(By the way - now that I've seen it in person, I can guarantee that this was NOT made from an anywhere near perfect DeLorean. All indications are that this is indeed a "rescued" scrapped car. There are many signs of relatively severe accident damage).

Dave Swingle (once in a while part-time helper)

Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:02:17 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: too cool cooling, stuck thermostat?!

As the developer and marketer of this device let me answer your second
question.

You asked:
"....when  installing the barb into where the air bleed valve goes, is it
necessary to use some type of anti-cease compound?"

No; the supplied brass fitting dos not require any sealant.

DMC Joe
DeLorean Help dmchelp_at_dml_att.net
www.dmc.tv
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:34:12 -0500
From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Faded Signal Lenses

I know that Tamiya makes translucent modeling paints. I used them on several models I've built over the years, Maybe that will work. You can find the Tamiya paints in any "serious" hobby shop. Be sure to use it on the inside of your lens.

---Dan

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:40:41 -0500
From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net>

Hi Jeremy,
    I had that same problem on my DeLorean. To fix it, I took off the lenses, went into
my work's prototyping paint lab, mixed up some translucent orange paint and shot it
quickly with a professional paint gun.  Very tricky, in that you have to use just the
right amount of thinner to make the paint translucent.  The wrong proportions will either
give you a bad "fish eye" effect, or it won't be clear enough.  I'll have to look at my
mixture again to give you figures on those proportions though.
    I tried a few other things, like generic model paint and even markers, but those
weren't permanent solutions.  So far the orange has lasted through a year of meticulous
car washes and even "armor-all-zation" without showing any signs of aging.  You can see
pictures here:

Before:
http://www.geocities.com/delorean-12/dmc02.jpg
After:
http://www.geocities.com/delorean_12_2/dmc6.jpg

I can probably do another set if you'd like.  Let me know via private e-mail if you're
interested and we'll talk details.  Same offer goes for the rest of the group.
    Thanks,
    Josh Haldeman
    jhaldeman_at_dml_fuse.net

Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 05:57:40 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: DeLorean color appearance

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: The subject line of this message was modified from the orignal. Ongoing discussion of DMCs in games has been covered extensively in the past and is considered a dead thread, but discussions of color renditions and simulation of the car have not been covered as extensively.]

I know that many here on the DML are not gamers. Myself included
somewhat because I don't really have the time to play video games
anymore. But something did catch my eye here.

The rendition of the DeLorean in the game is quite accurate. And it
appears that the game gives options as changing the color of the car.
Is the any chance that someone may have more screen shots of the
options? It's kind of interesting to see a catalogue of sorts as to
what a DeLorean would look like in a particular color.

I'm going to check this game out myself to find out more about it. If
you can create you own tracks, perhaps a recreation of the test track
is in order...

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "delorean66" <delorean66_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> Yes, Yuriy Antipin made a DeLorean for Need for Speed 4 and some
have
> converted that same car to play in Need for Speed 3. There are many
> DeLoreans available now to download for Need for Speed 3 & 4, even
as
> far as the Back to the future cars
<SNIP>

Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 00:44:15 -0800
From: "Darkstar" <darkstarmedia_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: engine info

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: This topic has been covered quite extensively in the past. My recollection is that the DMC engine is a modified version of a PRV and that no direct equivalents exist.]

Hi,

I am new to the list but have been in love with the DMC for a long time.  I
will be building one step by step.  I have built other cars and I have found
the 4 year plan works well for me.  so I have started on year one.  in year
one I usually do two things, intelligence (research) and engine.  so for the
research part I turn to the list... a few things that have been hinted at
but not made 100% clear are the following.  first of all the engine, I have
seen in a few places that the PRV6 was in a few Volvos.  my question is
exactly which years and models and how different.  I saw on one site that
mentioned the 700 series and the 600 series.  other info I need is vacuum
info.  if a few of you friendly folk could stick a gauge into the manifold
and measure the vacuum at idle and at 2500 rpm.  I plan on flow testing the
heads and computerize all the specs to develop the cams and other components
to make more ponies.  I know DMC did this but doesn't give out the exact cam
and engine mods and doesn't sell the parts without letting them install it.
if I can do this I will sell the stuff in kit form so people can actually
afford it.  I figure two custom ground cams and exhaust kit shouldn't me
more than $1000 to $2000 and you could install it your self (it isn't that
hard after you get to the valve covers judging from my rebuild of a Mercedes
OHC but the body will be the problem. anyway I need the info asked for above
in order to start the process. I need a donor engine first and the minute I
say delorean the price jumps so hopefully I can say Volvo at the junkyard
instead.  I await your response...

Darkstar

Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:36:06 -0500
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Window tint issues

I'm going to have my windows re-tinted and would like some opinions on the
best way to handle the rear window & quarter panels.  The previous owner
tinted the doors & the quarter panels, but didn't tint the rear window.  I
would like to tint at least part of the rear window, but I don't want to
obstruct my view by looking through two tinted windows.  A professional
window 'tintor' suggested doing all these windows using a light tint so that
when looking through two pieces of glass the combined tint wouldn't be any
darker than one regularly tinted window.  My original idea was to tint only
a center section of the rear window so that when looking through any of the
quarter panel glass from the driver's seat, then I would be looking around
the tinted area on the rear window.  But something tells me this might look
tacky.

Walt    Tampa, FL