From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 888
Date: Sunday, February 03, 2002 8:55 AM

1. window tint poll
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

2. Re: Simple questions
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

3. Optima Battery?
From: "dmc83_gullwing" <jasperkins_at_dml_hotmail.com>

4. Re: Re: Coolent loss
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Re: Vacuum issue? (Resolved)
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>

6. Borla Exhaust
From: mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net

7. Chirping sound and more
From: "Adam Price" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 18:02:44 -0500
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: window tint poll

I created a poll for people to express their opinions on tinting the windows
on a DeLorean.  I hope I stated the questions in such a way that the results
will be meaningful.  I'm hoping that the results will help me decide how to
deal with my back window.  As far as I know, the industry doesn't have any
gradient fade-to-clear type film.  If they did, it would be perfect for the
rear window.  Otherwise maybe I will use vertical strips of various shades.
This way I won't darken the view through the quarter panel windows too much.

Walt    Tampa, FL

Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:56:29 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Simple questions

You said: "I went through a lot of sites but none talked about major
problems with the cars."

You might want to check out the Looking To Buy section of the www.dmc.tv web
site. You will find lots of useful information concerning reliability and
owner comments.

DMC Joe
DeLorean Help dmchelp_at_dml_att.net
www.dmc.tv
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore

Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 23:43:43 -0000
From: "dmc83_gullwing" <jasperkins_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Optima Battery?

Does anyone have the model number for the Optima Battery that fits
in the Delorean?  For it is not on Optimas Web Site.

Thanks,
Jason

Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 20:28:03 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Re: Coolent loss

hey everyone,

speaking of coolant....
has anyone tried to flush their system and then fill it up with DEXCOOL
(orange GM) antifreeze?  is there any advantage to this besides the 100,000
mile life of it?

finally, has anyone attempted to flush their cooling system with a
power-purge machine like we have at Jiffy Lube?  i don't see why it wouldn't
work.  you would hook it up to the hose above the thermostat, and when the
thermostat opens, you would flush the entire system.

andy

Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102

Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:59:58 -0500
From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219_at_dml_one.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Vacuum issue? (Resolved)

I suppose that you could inhale too.

Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 13:40:13 -0500
From: mrvideosawyer_at_dml_netscape.net
Subject: Borla Exhaust

Group,
Did I miss the final verdict on the Borla muffler that fit up to the DeLorean?  I was just wondering if a cross reference had ever been established?

Jim Sawyer
Jim Sawyer
DeLorean Vin #41499

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop_at_dml_Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/

Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 12:56:59 -0800
From: "Adam Price" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Chirping sound and more

I still have the chirping sound when driving my car. I tried gently applying
the brake and found that the sound stopped, so I replaced all my pads with
supposed noiseless pads that are supposed to be extremely squeek free. Well
my car was squeekless for about two days, but now it has returned with a
vengeance!!! When cold, my brakes squeeled when applying the braking as
well, and now they squeel even worse! Its an ear pearcing, gut wrenching,
banshee squeel that makes me wince each time I hear it. Fortunately they
only do this for the first four or five times that I brake, then they stop.

So I have new pads and my calipers look great. Its got to be my discs...
right?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Adam