From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 892
Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 5:42 AM

1. Re: Delorean spotted in new XBOX Game!
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

2. SEDOC MEETING
From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN_at_dml_ED.GOV>

3. RE: stubborn locks
From: darryl_at_dml_techline.com

4. Memphis Driving tour
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: BTTF Krups Grinder
From: "Ralf Philipp" <doc.brown_at_dml_web.de>

6. Re: heavy-duty window regulator fit problems
From: "L. Sandel" <ls_at_dml_chickencow.csv.cmich.edu>

7. Re: stubborn lock
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

8. Tranny filler plug frozen
From: "Joe Thome" <joethome_at_dml_jps.net>

9. Re: heavy-duty window regulator fit problems
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 13:41:13 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delorean spotted in new XBOX Game!

For those of you keeping track of Deloreans in videogames, I have
created a folder in the PHOTOS section in Yahoo Groups called
VIDEOGAME DELOREANS.  Please upload all pics you have of Deloreans in
videogames to this folder so everyone can see.  I have added pics of
the new Xbox game.  Anyone have pics of the Back to the Future RIDE
for Gamecube?

Erik

Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 14:17:11 -0000
From: "delor_01" <JOHN.JORDAN_at_dml_ED.GOV>
Subject: SEDOC MEETING

THE SOUTHEASTERN DELOREAN OWNERS CLUB WILL HAVE A MEETING AT THE
HOUSE OF JOHN JORDAN THIS SATURDAY FEBRUARY 9th AT 2:PM.

THIS WILL BE A PLANNING SESSION FOR THE COMING YEAR.

DIRECTIONS CAN BE OBTAINED BY CALLING 770 985 9476 OR 404 562 6075.

ALL DELOREAN ENTHUSISTS ARE INVITED

RE:

JOHN JORDAN
PRESIDENT
SEDOC

Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:56:37 -0800 (PST)
From: darryl_at_dml_techline.com
Subject: RE: stubborn locks

Another posibility - I recently had the lock cylinder itself fail.  After
taking it out (no small task) and apart, I discovered that there is a brass pin
which is crimped into place lengthwise that holds the tiny tumbler springs in.
The crimps had come loose, most likely due to a locksmith having earlier re-
keyed it.  I made a slightly longer pin, carefully drilled a hole to line up
with each end of where it lies, and then slid it into place.  The design of the
cylinder holds it in, and it should have been made that way in the beginning.
A relatively easy fix, and no more hanging up when using the key.  Just be sure
to check the linkage for problems first as cylinder failure is uncommon.

Darryl Tinnerstet
THE ORIGINAL Specialty Automotive

Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:07:17 EST
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Memphis Driving tour

I have a favor to ask any of you DeLorean owners that are musically inclined.
We are putting together a driving tour and have run into some copyright
problems with what we have chosen to use.  The voiceover is great.  In
keeping within the copyright guidelines I thought it may be fun to have a
tape made up of DeLroean Owners original music.
So here's the plug
I am looking for songs that are original and appropriate for the driving
tour. they can be any type of music and you can submit as mayn songs as you
like.  I need a total of 87 minutes.  With the song please send me something
in writing allowing me to use it.  The music can be country, rock, gospel,
blues, rap, or whatever.
This is a chance for some free publicity LOL
I know many of you have bands and groups so if you can and want to be part of
the driving tour please send me your best stuff.

PS
now I know why Napster exists.
If you ever tried to get the copyright to a song it will drive you crazy.

Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 19:28:13 +0100
From: "Ralf Philipp" <doc.brown_at_dml_web.de>
Subject: Re: BTTF Krups Grinder

Krups Type 223    "Coffina Super"

Ralf.

Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 15:11:20 -0500
From: "L. Sandel" <ls_at_dml_chickencow.csv.cmich.edu>
Subject: Re: heavy-duty window regulator fit problems

> regulator, please e-mail me a copy!  I know of no installation directions in
> existence.  My problem is that the regulator could not be made to bolt up

Check out:
http://labwww.csv.cmich.edu/luke/auto/delorean/infosheets/WindowMotor.pdf

> properly with the supplied brackets.  Since I'm not the only one with this
> problem, I'm beginning to think that ALL heavy-duty window regulators are
> like this.  My theory is that the heavy-duty ones were designed to fit early
> VIN cars but can not be made to bolt up the same way to later VIN cars.

I have a heavy duty regulator in the passenger door on my 82, #10270.

> Since my car came from the previous owner with one of these already
> installed, I assumed that it was an OEM regulator since it worked so poorly.
> If you already have installed heavy-duty regulators, read the following and
> tell me if you have any of the symptoms that I just corrected:

If I remember correctly, the effectiveness of the motor/regulator is
severely compromised if the 3 dog-leg mounts aren't bolted to their proper
positions.  Since the mounting hardware consists of 3 separate legs, stacked
on top of each other on a mounting bolt (instead of a single, flush,
statically mounted bracket like the stock regulator) you have to be careful
how they're installed or you can 'twist' the regulator and cause all sorts
of problems with alignment and operation.  Perhaps the installer simply
shoehorned it into place and bent the assembly in the process.

I'm pretty sure that I'm remembering this correctly, but is has been about
2-3 years since I installed mine.  If anybody has any corrections, please
correct away!

One thing that I do remember is that if the motor is properly installed, the
regulator tube doesn't feel right when bolting the glass to it.  On my car,
the regulator tube was pushed against the outer door skin and had to be
pulled away when bolting the glass to it.  Nothing really lines up very well
with the new regulators; that is my main complaint about them.  You can't
easily judge if it's mounted correctly simply by appearance.

You're experience with the regulator sound pretty awful.  But, besides a few
cuts and scrapes, my regulator went in without any big problems and works
like a champ.

Good luck!

-Luke

Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:06:28 EST
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: stubborn lock

In a message dated 2/4/2002 6:03:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, ultra_at_dml_isd.net
writes:

> I would start off by disabling (unplug) the lockzilla.  This way you
> can determine if it is a linkage problem, or a switch problem.  With
> it disconnected, you no longer have the solenoids to worry about
> throwing anything off.  With the door in the FULLY closed position so
> both latches are completely shut, operate the lock from both inside
> and outside the car.  Does it work as it should?  If so, you may have
> a bad signaling switch in the lock mechanism telling lockzilla to
> relock the door once you unlock it.  However, more likely from what
> you described (key turned fully AND pulling on handle) it is most
> likely a linkage problem.  If so, it will be acting the same now as it
> did when you started.  You'll need to dig inside of the door now to
> figure out what may be causing the problem.

With Lockzilla disconnected at the smaller connector, no difference using the
key. Inside latch:  I rocked it back and forth a few times, until it sounded
like a normal unlatching sound.  At first, I couldn't push the door open,
then it finally swung open. Tried the key again, still no good after closing
the door.  But I see the inside latch seemed to have swung over to the unlock
position.  Sooo... how do I check and free up my linkage? I already know how
to get the door panels off.
-Wayne

Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:42:50 -0800
From: "Joe Thome" <joethome_at_dml_jps.net>
Subject: Tranny filler plug frozen

Hello fellow list members,

The filler plug on the 5-speed transmission on my '81 VIN 6467 is frozen tight. I've tried WD 40 and some penetrating oil called Blaster. I also tapped lightly on the plug but it won't budge. Is there any way to re-fill this transmission other than through the filler plug hole?

Joe Thome

Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 22:48:54 -0500
From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount_at_dml_juno.com>

I have another note/warning about working with the motor and window
regulator.  Be careful when installing the glass carrier (shelf that the
window sits in) in the door.  I was working overhead getting the carrier
back in the door when gravity and the spring of the exterior window seal
launched the carrier out of the my hands and into my face-

Luckily, it smashed the bridge of my nose and my cheekbone, narrowly
missing my eye... It gave me two cuts and a black eye for a week.  It was
fun, though, going into work the next day with a fight club t-shirt on...
hehe!

Delorean: 1537
Jim: 0

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!