From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 903
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 11:28 AM

1. Re: Custom Cd Changer - an alternative
From: "rubberrep" <106165.1407_at_dml_compuserve.com>

2. Re: New Speaker Install...Save original car
From: "M.C. de Bruin" <debruin_at_dml_dia.eur.nl>

3. my 2 cents
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

4. RE: New Speaker Install...Save original car
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

5. The Dream Car
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins_at_dml_cybersurfers.net>

6. Re: Interest in Performace Air Filters
From: "Sean Spurlock" <sean_dmc1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:45:57 -0000
From: "rubberrep" <106165.1407_at_dml_compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Custom Cd Changer - an alternative

Martin another option which would allow you to keep your OE equipment
is maybe this MP3 player. It is an excellent alternative for those
members who wish to compete in concourse events and yet still enjoy
the versatility of the device. I haven't bought one myself as yet,
but feel it is one of the neatest devices I have seen being offered.
Ive done crazier things costing a lots more

Dual Play MP3 Player

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/CGIBIN/PRIAMLNK.CGI?
CNO=1&MP=PRDUPD^GIN132&STNO=ST00566&WHAT=info

Best regards
John Hanley

  dmcnews_at_dml_y..., Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_d...> wrote:
> Personally I  intend investing in Houston's DIN bracket, and buying
> Kenwood CD/MP3 head unit. See here

https://secure.caraudiodirect.com/shop/acatalog/C_A_D_Catalogue_MP3_Pl
ayers_17.html

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:56:33 +0100
From: "M.C. de Bruin" <debruin_at_dml_dia.eur.nl>
Subject: Re: New Speaker Install...Save original car

Kevin Abato wrote:

> I ordered a radio mount kit from DMC Houston, but the rear wall is too
> expensive buy another one to cut and mount speakers in.  Instead, I made my
> own.  Total cost: $21.
> Here are pictures of what I did for the speakers:
> http://24.46.235.195:81/images/dmcspeakers/

This is great, I was thinking about doing this the same way. Your pictures will help me!
Especially making hooks from the clothhangers is a great idea!!
Did you place some foam backing on the board for noise reduction from the engine, as on
the original?

Mads

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:14:29 EST
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: my 2 cents

I saw the Quentin Wilson tape and was quite amused by it.  People love
adversity and he creates it.
Anyone heard of a Tucker or Edsel.
Kinda wish you owned one now right.
Well we own our DeLoreans and we still have time on our side. (its a time
machine right)
The latest article states that a clean DeLorean is going for $25,000 (up form
years past) and some for more.  Show me an 81- 83 vette daily driver that
goes for that much.  I have been looking with my son for a vette and they are
about $12 on average with many below $10.  We are hanging in there and
rightly so.
Few cars get the looks the DeLorean Gets .
Quentin Wilson would be a good guest at a car show
He may not make it out alive but at least it would be entertaining.
In the long haul he will have to eat his words when we are on the road 20
years from now and his praise for other cars in our class shows they are no
longer on the roads as daily drivers but just restoration vehicles.

Just for fun

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:48:00 -0500
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

Nice job!  But why did you plywood?  The acoustic properties of plywood are terrible!

If anyone tries to duplicate this, I suggest using MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard)..  Or if you want to be real high tech, you can order special acoustic board sold by many car audio vendors..  The board the speakers are mounted to have a incredible impact on the sound quality.

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:41:22 +0000
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins_at_dml_cybersurfers.net>
Subject: The Dream Car

Wait a minute, the thing about the DMC is it's uniqueness, that what
makes it worth owning.  Start with the doors, without those, a lot of
the rest wouldn't matter would it.  I know that's special because nearly
every picture shows the cars with the doors up (much to my disdain).

Another thing is excitement of a type, I've owned cars that never had
any special problems, ran well, never gave me any trouble...dullest cars
I ever owned, couldn't wait to get into something else.  As you read the
DML and mentally list all the things that have been problems for someone
else there is always the remote possibility it could happen to you, thus
at the end of each trip you have the feeling of accomplishment coupled
with the spirit of daring.

A big item, often mentioned, is the number of people who gather around
your car and ooh and aah and ask questions and make remarks.  Now, think
if production had continued and there were now 6,500,000 units or so and
everywhere you went there was one on every corner.  Would your car then
be so precious?

We are blessed that only so many are out there, I have the only one(s)
in my town, I'm unique, we all like to stand out from the crowd, don't
we.

Ours is a very unique notch, we are allowed to glory in it, plus who
could ask for greater support efforts from our vendors and fellow
owners.

We enjoy the best of all possible worlds and whatever it takes to keep
our cars in good condition is well worth it, in fact it's very likely
that money spent on a DeLorean is more like a love-offering than a
repair cost.

Les

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:43:38 -0600
From: "Sean Spurlock" <sean_dmc1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Interest in Performace Air Filters

Joe,

    True. This alone would not result in an marked increase in acceleration
or bhp. Best estimates of these filters is a 5hp gain. However, it is a
possibility that using this in conjunction with a less restrictive exhaust,
and an improved fuel delivery system...yes, you could see a marked
difference in acceleration time. I just know that nothing is really offered
for this car in the performance department, less DMC Houston's power
upgrade. You can buy performance parts for almos any other car...just not
the D. This is why I inquired about this. Thanks for the response though!

Best Wishes,
Sean