From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 924
Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 4:21 PM

1. Re: The DMC as a Classic
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com

2. Re: Starter soleniod Circuit Upgrade question
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

3. Re: The DMC as a Classic
From: CIAsleeper22_at_dml_aol.com

4. Re: PJ grady visit, Purchasing questions.
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

5. turbocharging?
From: "Casey Putsch" <chaparral2a002_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. RE. winter brake fluid leakage update
From: "jamesrguk" <dmc12_at_dml_btinternet.com>

7. Re: Storing CD's in car..
From: Andrew Prentis <aprentis_at_dml_rocketmail.com>

8. Re: A new alternator problem! (And a radar detector install to boot)
From: "dmcman82" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>

9. Rebuilding / Replacing the CPR
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>

10. RE: cold running problem
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_att.net>

11. Thank You
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>

12. Re: Storing CD's in car..
From: "dmcman82" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>

13. Re: Storing CD's in car..
From: goin88mph_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:35:26 EST
From: RJRavalli_at_dml_AOL.com
Subject: Re: The DMC as a Classic

Great thoughts Ken.  Personally I think people will *always* be driving the DeLorean and it will never be a mostly museum classic car.  After all, when you live in California you see people driving *all* types of old cars they have fixed up, and since the majority of DeLoreans seem to have been kept in better condition than most other classics/collectors, I can *easily* see many DeLoreans still on the road and being driven everyday in another 20 years.

But you are right, it is absolutely destined to be a classic, even with the bad press that it sometimes gets.  After all, other classics have had to deal with that too, but that doesn't stop many people from liking and wanting them.  I think the DeLorean will have even more people wanting them because it still has such broad appeal, from the teenager to the older car collector.  And as Generation X ages and grows closer to the typical car collector age, I think you will see many of them wanting to get *the* car from their childhood/teenage years in the 1980s.  That car is clearly the DeLorean.

Richard

Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:34:24 EST
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Starter soleniod Circuit Upgrade question

Hank, There isn't much left other than ground, positive  or just a bad old
solenoid.
John
Hervey

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:19:53 EST
From: CIAsleeper22_at_dml_aol.com

I think Ken hit it right on the spot. The DeLorean is being recognized as a
classic more and more not only by the public, but by newspapers, magazines,
museums, and television. However, how do we directly deal with those
nay-sayers who just dont understand the DeLorean?

I have lived in three different areas of the country since I've had my car,
and every place seems to react differently as a whole to the car. When I
first got my car I was living in the Detroit area, and the DeLorean was a hit
everywhere I went. Many people there worked in the auto industry and remember
the car very well. I dont think I ever got a negative comment during my stay
there. I moved to Houston shortly after however, and as ironic as it may
seem, I got a lot of crap in Houston for owning a DeLorean. (Not from DMC
Houston obviously, they were always very very helpful) Every time I was
approached by someone under the age of 30, the first question they would ask
is "what kinda car IS that?" followed by "well why didn't you just get a
Honda Civic and put a fly body kit on it? it would be a lot cooler than that
old thing!" and that would just get to me beyond belief I hate to say. I
never quite knew how to react to that other than to laugh. Lol I mean
seriously, I wouldn't trade my DeLorean for a Ferrari, let alone a Civic.  I
have been able to deal one-on-one with owners of other more "arrogant" makes
who almost feel outdone by the DeLorean and therefor have to bash it to my
face, but even they seem to understand its value as a classic.... but when
some 17 year old punk asks me why I chose a DeLorean over a civic, it just
makes me nauseous. I mean how do you explain to people the joy of owning a
DeLorean who just dont get what the DeLorean is all about in the first place?

I have since moved to South Florida where a lot of people have classics as
daily drivers, and the DeLorean always gets a lot of positive attention here,
both from the young who recognize it from the movies, and the older crowd who
are into collecting. Its always a joy for me to entertain questions about the
car, and show them the "ups" of the car. I even enjoy the occasional debate
over the DeLorean story and its capabilities... but I just dont know what to
say to those who bash the car with no reason.

Im just glad that the DeLorean is becoming more and more of a classic every
day. Hopefully as interest continues to grow, the car will receive the
recognition that it deserves from the rest of the public.

Just my 2 and a half cents.

Justin

Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:48:16 EST
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: PJ grady visit, Purchasing questions.

Don, And group, If you don't spend it on the car, you'll just spend it on
something else like housing, girls, food and other insignificant stuff. Never
pass up spending on the Delorean. It will be around when all others are gone.

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 01:29:30 -0500
From: "Casey Putsch" <chaparral2a002_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: turbocharging?

I have heard of and seen a picture from england of people putting a single
turbocharger on their Delorean. I am curious as to if any of you out there
may have pictures of turbo instalations and or know of what turbo has been
used or what car it may have been taken off of. Also, if you know anything
of supercharged D's I'd also apreciate hearing from you.

Sincerely, Casey at chaparral2a002_at_dml_hotmail.com

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:24:49 -0000
From: "jamesrguk" <dmc12_at_dml_btinternet.com>
Subject: RE. winter brake fluid leakage update

I had a similar problem although it did not look quite as bad as
yours on the surface anyway.
The one thing I would say is drop the fuel tank and have a look on
the inside wall of that part of the chassis. mine turned out to be
very rusty as the brake fluid had obviously dripped down the side of
the tank and taken the epoxy off.

I used Hammerite, but everyone raves about POR15, I don't know if it
is availible in the UK, (if it is could somone let me know where
from.)

Thanks

James RG
England

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:35:23 -0800 (PST)
From: Andrew Prentis <aprentis_at_dml_rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: Storing CD's in car..

Hi Nick,
How about a CD stacker?
My DeLorean has a six CD stacker in the drivers side
storage compartment.Since it locks it's pretty
secure.Plenty of room too.
Cheers,
Andrew
VIN 2883
Sydney,Australia

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:58:50 -0000
From: "dmcman82" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>
Subject: Re: A new alternator problem! (And a radar detector install to boot)

Just to clarify,
When I say "aftermarket" I mean not OEM such as the Ducy and the
Motorola.

Steve

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., dherv10_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Steve, I have no idea of what vendors your talking about with the
aftermarket alternators, But I think it's a great idea.

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:43:10 -0500
From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin_at_dml_vantagep.com>
Subject: Rebuilding / Replacing the CPR

I appreciate everyone weighing in on the subject. So here's my next part. I
want to make sure it is the CPR. The problem I'm having is when the engine
is cold and I try to accelerate, it tries to choke itself out until I push
in the clutch and rev the engine. I often get very jerky acceleration on the
highway as well. I'm assuming it's the CPR since it controls the fuel
mixture. Is there anything I should check beside the CPR and the accumulator
(I've replaced it already)?

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 07:28:05 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: RE: cold running problem

Tony,

Have you called Rob Grady about the cold running problem you are having.  I
am sure that Rob would help you out since you just bought the car from him.

Scott Mueller

From: Tony Pistachio [mailto:TheStash_at_dml_optonline.net]
Subject: Re: [DML] cold running problem

Andy,
I have the exact same symptom! Well, almost:...........
I just bought the car last week from Grady and they did a full tune-up. They
If you find out what it is please let me know. Vice versa.
Thanks.
Tony

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:30:42 -0500
From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Thank You

To All,

I realize that many of you may have wondered why I have been absent from the list and are not aware of the death of my infant son earlier this week.

The situation has been more devastating to our family than I realized therefore I will keep the business (DeLorean Services) closed until my wife fully recovers. My time is now fully occupied caring for my wife and our two other children.

I would like to thank all of the list members who have sent their condolences and please forgive me for not responding to your messages.

Although I do not have the time to monitor the list I can respond to urgent help requests that are posted to my information web site www.DMC.tv or web store at http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore

Regards,
DMC Joe, Joe LoRe'
DeLorean Help dmchelp_at_dml_att.net
www.dmc.tv
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:26:57 -0000
From: "dmcman82" <srubano_at_dml_optonline.com>

Just a caution. CD's can be damaged by heat (like a car sitting in
the baking sub). The heat can distort/warp them. They don't have to
be in direct sunlight to be damaged, just exposed to some heat.
That's why a lot of people want to copy their CD's so that if the
copy gets ruined you still have the original to make another copy
from.

Steve

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., "S CAGLE" <sharkywtrs_at_dml_m...> wrote:
> I have a nice little metal case (stainless, of course) that holds
24 CD's. It slides really neatly behind the passenger seat

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:24:24 EST
From: goin88mph_at_dml_aol.com

i have no delorean yet, but i used to store the CDs on the visor in a regular
cover and sheath in my Nova, i was in Palm Springs for about 6 hours in the
middle of july and every one of them warped into a taco...lol, and they
werent sittin in the sun or anything. i can hardly wait
to see the heat here in Vegas.
c ya later

justin
VIN-  to be continued..........