From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 965
Date: Saturday, March 30, 2002 9:19 AM

1. RE: Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

2. Poll results for dmcnews
From: dmcnews

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:01:33 -0500
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>
Subject: RE: Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours

Based on my interpretation of the messages James posted last time this subject came up (which is what caused the creation of the Concours mailing list) was that DMC Houston DOES have the final and ultimate authority on the judging rules of the events they sponsor.  DMC Houston is NOT a club, with a committee.  I have no problem with that, but those are the facts!

In addition, "NO COMPENSATION short of the parts business that the concours generates..." is making the parts business seem like a side effect of this event.  I challenge that and say, the parts business the concours generates *IS* the reason for the event.  I have no problem with this either, because I assume all the participants are aware of this.

Past winners would be the best judges?  David, if you want to be a judge just ask James..  :)  I'd vouch for you knowledge of DeLoreans, but I think that would do more harm than good.

I don't participate in this event.. so why should I care??  It is my disagreement with your last statement "will elevate the Deloreans to a higher level of value which is good for everybody."  I think the Concours event is not only hurting the value and image of our cars, it also makes DeLorean events stressful (even for those who do not participate) and competitive.

Just for clarification to DMC Houston, James, and all of the other readers...  My comment was only to say that in the past it has been stated that "If you want to win the Concours, you have to go by the manual"...  Where the message that was posted recently (that re-started this discussion) said "the concours judging is based on how closely the car adheres to the engineers and designers originally intended specifications."  and those two statements are VERY different!  (Adding to the frustration surrounding this event.)

Date: 30 Mar 2002 08:17:29 -0000
From: dmcnews
Subject: Poll results for dmcnews

The following dmcnews poll is now closed.  Here are the
final results:

POLL QUESTION: New buyers are often overwhelmed by the
cost to maintain their DMC-12.

How much have you spent fixing up yours?

(This is an anonymous poll.  Please be
honest.)

CHOICES AND RESULTS
- $1-100, 0 votes, 0.00%
- $101-500, 0 votes, 0.00%
- $501-1000, 1 votes, 2.33%
- $1001-1500, 1 votes, 2.33%
- $1501-2000, 1 votes, 2.33%
- $2001-3000, 0 votes, 0.00%
- $3000+, 2 votes, 4.65%
- $501-1000 and expect to spend more, 2 votes, 4.65%
- $1001-1500 and expect to spend more, 2 votes, 4.65%
- $1501-2000 and expect to spend more, 1 votes, 2.33%
- $2001-3000 and expect to spend more, 3 votes, 6.98%
- $3000+ and expect to spend more, 8 votes, 18.60%
- Divorced and destitute, but my car is PERFECT, 0 votes, 0.00%
- Slowly piddling to get my car into shape, 2 votes, 4.65%
- Fixing it just enough to keep it running, 2 votes, 4.65%
- I'll probably invest another $500 this year., 4 votes, 9.30%
- I'll probably invest another $1000 this year., 5 votes, 11.63%
- I'll probably invest another $11500 this year., 1 votes, 2.33%
- I'll probably invest another $2000+ this year., 1 votes, 2.33%
- Please send me money., 7 votes, 16.28%

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/