From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 967
Date: Sunday, March 31, 2002 10:25 AM

1. Re: A/C cycling switch
From: "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk_at_dml_cox.net>

2. factory keys
From: "nbrommer2k" <nickbrom_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Alternatives for Angle Drive needed, getting fed up with system
From: "janvdwouw" <jvdwouw_at_dml_home.nl>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:39:41 -0700
From: "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: A/C cycling switch

Hi John,

First let me thank you for the response and help with my problem.  I don't
believe the A/C pressure is all that low as the A/C will cool the inside
down in short order.  Granted it's not all that hot yet here in Arizona but
it seems to be working well.  Joe was saying that since I had fooled around
with the switch "my words" it should be changed as it is preset at the
factory.

In short, what I'm saying is everything works well.  It's just that before,
the cycling was too quick " about every 5 seconds at idle " and now after
I've fooled with it the cycling is a little longer between cycling at higher
rpm's and still cools fine.  However, I would like to know if I've done
something that could damage the system?

I hope you don't misunderstand what I'm saying.  I like reading all this
information about the system because it always helps to understand the
systems on this car a little better.

"then the less the AC low pressure switch will cycle on and off trying to
keep from over pressure
 of the system. It's self protecting it's self."

That's what I'm afraid of.  Harming the system by messing with the A/C cycle
switch as advised in the article.

Thanks again and if you have the time please let me know what you think
about this either on or off the list.

Mike Atkinson
vin 16232

> "Try it for yourself. Go out on the hwy and turn the air on and
> put the blower switch on  1. Then note the cycle on and off of
> the fans, then turn the blower to four and give it a minuit to
> catch up, and the fans will cycle less.

[moderator snip]

Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:06:28 -0000
From: "nbrommer2k" <nickbrom_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: factory keys

Quite some time ago, someone posted that they had aquired a bunch of
original keys from the factory. It also stated that if you looked
under your headliner and found the correct #'s, they may be able to
match the numbers and get you an original key. I can't remember who
made the post! Was it DMC Houston? Anyone remember who I can contact
about this?

Nick

Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:55:51 -0000
From: "janvdwouw" <jvdwouw_at_dml_home.nl>
Subject: Alternatives for Angle Drive needed, getting fed up with system

Hello everyone,

Does anyone here have or know of a suitable replacement
for the speedo drive system?
In the past year or so it has failed on me 3 times and frankly
I am getting pretty fed up with this stupid little system taking
up resources I had reserved for other repairs.
Untill now I have spent allmost over $500,- on parts and
repairs of this speedo drive effectively replacing allmost
the entire system below the Lambda-counter TWICE.

Isn't there a digital pick up that can drive the Stock Speedo
or something? Like an inductive sensor on the (rear(?)) wheel
counting rotations and driving a servo motor behind the
speedo with the appropriate speed or something like that.

This 'll probably be somewhat expensive, but I just want the
system to work and keep working, so I have time and money
to fix other things.
The real trouble being that the speedo HAS to work for the
car to pass its' mandatory annual safety inspection.

Please give me some good idea(s) so I can enjoy the
"sensation" of actually SEEING my speed on the speedo
instead of calculating it by the tach and gear I'm in.
BTW, mine is a 5 speed, so using the
speed-sensor-generator-thingie from the AUTO-tranny
will not work (I DID think of that)....

Thanks in advance,

Jan van de Wouw

Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...