From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 982
Date: Thursday, April 11, 2002 8:20 AM

1. Re: Re: Sticking Accelerator
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>

2. yokohama AVS-I
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>

3. Re: Removing Door Vents
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

4. Re: April 14th - Spring Brunch (Midwest Club)
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

5. Re: Sticking Accelerator
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

6. Re: Removing Door Vents
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

7. Window Track Tricks?
From: "stevepeck1" <stevepeck1_at_dml_yahoo.com>

8. Northern California DeLorean club brunch
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>

9. Re: Sticking Accelerator
From: "dlrnjim" <dlrnjim_at_dml_yahoo.com>

10. Delorean Sighting in Christiansburg, Va
From: "Willie Mack" <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu>

11. crutchfield delorean
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

12. Black mast antenna
From: DHughes030_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Window Track Tricks?
From: "carnut4849" <gmfm1_at_dml_att.net>

14. Re: Black mast antenna
From: "William F. Lane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:01:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Sticking Accelerator

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, dlrnjim wrote:

> My car has low miles on it, and I'm assuming the cable's OK.

Without knowing the history of the car (that is, *I* don't. Can't vouch
for you. :) ), that is an unsafe assumption.

* dons his paranoia hat *

What if...

* the car was stored outside, letting rain hit the cable, potentially
causing it (or related components) to rust?

* the car sat for years with no throttle cable movement? This may or may
not cause problems (I have no idea if it would. Do you?)

* somone accidentally misadjusted <insert throttle-related component
here>, causing problems that only began to manifest in a noticable way
now?

* someone went at your car with evil intent and a hacksaw?

Are any of these conditions likely? Nope. Possible? Maybe, maybe not. I'm
sure those more in the know can come up with more plausible ways for your
throttle cable to be bad. Short answer: if the cable hasn't been
examined/replaced by you or someone you trust implicitly, it needs to be
checked. This goes for any part of your car. Or your house. Or your
internal organs. If your heart started racing for no apparant reason,
would you assume that it wasn't the heart itself that was having problems
just because you were 17 and you hadn't put many miles on it? :)

Noah
#2867, currently stranded in my garage on jackstands, 'cause my
ex-roommate picked LAST NIGHT to repossess his floor jack. ARGH!

Bottleneck Bob is riding fast
Wanted by the law for the freight-train blast

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:20:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: Noah <sitz_at_dml_onastick.net>
Subject: yokohama AVS-I

There's a tire shop by me that still has a single yoko 235/60-15 in stock
(or did yesterday), and *may* have a pair of 195/60-14. If anyone's
interested, contact me off-list and I'll buy 'em and ship 'em to you for
whatever my costs are (first come, first served). If you commit to buying
the tires and back out after I purchase them, your name will live in
infamy, a plague of locusts will drop by your house for some tea and
crumpets, and your right hand will turn a horrid shade of teal. =)

Noah

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:35:33 -0400
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Removing Door Vents

> I've got the vent and the bracket out of the lower door panel, but I can't
> figure out how to get the plastic vent out of the metal bracket without
> drilling out the rivets. Is this the only way to go?

Yes, apparently so.  That is how I replaced my vent.  While I had my plastic
duct out, I wrapped the neck with peel & stick foam insulation so that it
would seal at the door panel instead of cool the inside of my door.  Then I
replaced the foam that surrounds the vent because the original had turned to
powder.

Walt

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:22:03 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: April 14th - Spring Brunch (Midwest Club)

Spring Brunch and new Delorean project "sneak peek" invitation.

April 14th, Annual Opening Spring Brunch, Delorean Midwest Connection

Our regular, Annual Opening Brunch meeting will be held on
Sunday, April 14th at Lambs Farm in Libertyville, IL. To get you
there, and hopefully with your DeLorean, a description of the
location can be found in the newsletter. The price for the Brunch,
consisting of very elaborate foods, is $16.00 per person ($8.00
for children aged 10 and under) and that includes tax and tip and
non-alcoholic beverages.  Brunch starts at 10:00AM with food being
served at 11:00AM.  This is open to the club members, but if not a
member of our club, you can both join the club and join us on Sunday.

Weather permitting, this will be the debut of one of my new Delorean
projects, although it is still a work in progress.  This is another
unique Delorean creation utilizing damaged and repaired Delorean
parts from several burn cars, based on a frame/fiberglass damage car.
I will be trailering the car to the brunch, based on the tow vehicle
availability, but I may take it for a spin or two around the lot.

I hope to have this project completed before the Memphis Show, but
feel free to come out and get an early "sneak peek" in person.  If
get the passenger seat bolted back in by the weekend, there may be
a few test rides offered as well.

Hope this is incentive enough to see a lot of you this Sunday.

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:55:16 -0000
From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Sticking Accelerator

The Delorean venders can sell you the Throttle recall kit. It contains
instructions on how to install and how to lubricate the throttle cable
with anti-freeze. You should also check if you have had the other
recalls done on the car. When you call to order the Throttle kit they
will tell you how to check for other recalls and upgrades like the
cooling fans breaker, fan fail relay, inertia switch, etc.

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:43:03 EDT
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 4/10/02 6:03:06 AM Central Daylight Time,
delorean_at_dml_framezero.com writes:

> I've got the vent and the bracket out of the lower door panel, but I can't
> figure out how to get the plastic vent out of the metal bracket without
> drilling out the rivets. Is this the only way to go?
>
> -Christian

Christian,

you can remove the air vent AND metal brackets together but if you want the
vent apart from the bracket, you need to break out the drill.  simply put new
pop rivets in when you are done.  it is kind of a pain, isn't it?  seems like
it should have been screws in there instead.

Andy
Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:54:07 -0000
From: "stevepeck1" <stevepeck1_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Window Track Tricks?

While fiddling with my child-of-Satan window motors and before
getting things back in place, I discovered that the front bottom edge
of the white plastic window track was off the track.  After lots of
tiwsting and a little bleeding, I got things back on track.

But after assembling everything, it popped off again.  this time,
totally off the track.

Is there any fix/trick to this?

Thanks.

-Steve
#3302 STAINLS

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:15:33 -0700
From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm_at_dml_csus.edu>
Subject: Northern California DeLorean club brunch

     The Northern California DeLorean Motor Club will be hosting a brunch
on April 21 in the city of Concord, CA at 9:00AM. The fine weather we've
been having has made many of us itching to get our 'D's out and do some
driving. April is usually the first month of the year that we have a meet
so let's get started!

The location is:

The El Torito restaurant
1961 Diamond Blvd
Concord CA	(925) 798-7660

Again: Sunday morning April 21, at 9:00AM

We'll talk about the year ahead and compare calendars so we can set up our
events. Please let me know if you can make it (mailto:kenm_at_dml_csus.edu). I'll
need to let the restaurant know about how many people will be coming
(you're encouraged to bring your S.O. too, the brunch there is great!
This is our forth year to start our season at the El Torito). I'll make
the reservation to seat us at 9:30 when the restaurant opens, so please
come a little early so we can get seated in time. I'll be there by 9AM.
Come on out even if you can't bring your car. We have a lot of exciting
things to talk about!

The El Torito is located in the Willows Shopping Center off of Willow Pass
Road at Highway 680. You can almost see it from the freeway on the east side
of the highway. It's the first left turn off the freeway, then down into the
shopping center and left back down to the restaurant.

Ken Montgomery	Sacramento, CA  VIN #10911  'OUTTIME'
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/montkw/delorean/index.htm
mailto:kenm_at_dml_csus.edu
President, Northern California DeLorean Motor Club
http://www.ncdmc.org
http://www.dmcnews.com  mailto:directory_at_dml_dmcnews.com

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:16:19 -0000
From: "dlrnjim" <dlrnjim_at_dml_yahoo.com>

Thanks, David & Delorean Joe,

I don't think my car has ever had any recalls done to it.

It's very low miles, and I've had it for 7 years - and have driven it
less than 50 miles a year.

The cable isn't freezing up, it doesn't get that cold in Texas -
I suspect that the cable needs replacing from what Joe said.

How hard is it to replace the entire cable ? If you pull the complete
cable out from the engine side, how do you install the new one?

Thanks,

Jim

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:42:40 -0400
From: "Willie Mack" <wmack_at_dml_vt.edu>
Subject: Delorean Sighting in Christiansburg, Va

My fiancÚ saw a Delorean on the way home from class today in Christiansburg
Virginia, she said that she honked at it thinking it was me, but it wasn't.
Is this person on the list?
Please email me.

Willie Mack
Vin 5043
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/wmack

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:08:38 -0500
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: crutchfield delorean

a couple of years ago i saw a delorean in a issue of crutchfield audio magazine saying
how nice crutchfiled helped him is this person on the DML? if so nice picture.

mark

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:19:16 EDT
From: DHughes030_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Black mast antenna

Does anyone know where to source a good quality black mast antenna,
specifically the Harada RX 20 mentioned on the cross-reference page at
dmc12.com?

   Don

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 03:18:16 -0000
From: "carnut4849" <gmfm1_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Window Track Tricks?

Dear Steve,
     My driver side window popped off the track within the first few
months back in 83. The dealer said I needed new plastic guides and
about a $400.00 repair. I checked it out myself and ended up
elongating the holes that the guide rail bolts to and repositioned
the guide rail. Run the window up and see how much the window has to
move forward or backward to fit in the frame. If it is moving too
much, then the guide rail(s) need repositioning. Yes, it took a
couple of hours of work with hand files and a little blood from the
cuts on the stainless edges, but it did the trick and I never had
another problem with that window. If you don't know the trick, cover
the edges of the cut outs in the stainless with duct tape before
working inside the doors and eliminate a lot of the cuts. As a matter
of fact I still have both original motors and everything works fine.
If you want, contact me direct to discuss this more.
Good luck,
Gary Masie

Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:35:11 -0700
From: "William F. Lane" <blane_at_dml_triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Black mast antenna

Don,

Check the DeLorean Vendors.  They have them.

Bill Lane