From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 986
Date: Sunday, April 14, 2002 8:20 AM

1. Parking Brake Pad Removal
From: "shainbrannan" <shain_at_dml_elecmods.com>

2. Re: Leather interior question
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

3. Limited Edition Kits
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_att.net>

4. Re: Leather interior question
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. Snap on number of oil drain tool.
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

6. Re: Wet Driver Side Floor
From: "beatlesra1" <beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com>

7. Vacuum brake bleeding kits
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>

8. Re: Parking Brake Pad Removal
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>

9. Re: Snap on number of oil drain tool.
From: sand131_at_dml_aol.com

10. Re: Snap on number of oil drain tool.
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: Limited Edition Kits
From: "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk_at_dml_cox.net>

12. Re: Mirrored Tint
From: "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk_at_dml_cox.net>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:28:16 -0000
From: "shainbrannan" <shain_at_dml_elecmods.com>
Subject: Parking Brake Pad Removal

Hello,

While rebuilding my rear brake calipers i accidently broke the one
parking brake pad.  So,  i have to replace all the pads.  I picked up
a set of beck/arnley pads and changed the two on the outside.  Then i
ran into a problem, how do you loosen the nuts on the back side so
you can change the pad out.  Because the handle is so close i can't
get a wrench, or any type of socket in on it.

- Shain

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:22:45 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Leather interior question

Looked okay in this german car at eurofest:

http://www.delorean.co.uk/pictures/dcp02083.jpg

Cheers for the note of warning though

Martin

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:55:37 -0500
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Limited Edition Kits

Who else besides me have paid for but not received there limited edition Kit
from Lee Seilers?

I would like to get a head count.

Send your reply to

scott.a.mueller (at) att.net

Thanks

Scott Mueller

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 14:37:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker_at_dml_yahoo.com>

--- DMC Joe <dmcjoe_at_dml_att.net> wrote:
> Be aware that the trim items that have a rigid
> covering like the dash and
> binnacle have virtually no clearance for additional
> covering.
 - - - - - - - -
My leather covered binnacle is far nicer than the
stock binnacle yet looks "stock".  It ftis perfectly.
Got it from Don Steger _at_dml_ DeLorean Motor Center.

Dick Ryan

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:46:43 -0400
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>
Subject: Snap on number of oil drain tool.

My bent square rod finally broke..  The thing always bent on me anyway and was a pain in the neck.

Does anyone have the part number for the Snap On tool for our drain plug??  Any alternative sources for a REAL TOOL (not a bent piece of metal!)?

Thanks,
Marc

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:46:18 -0000
From: "beatlesra1" <beatlesra1_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wet Driver Side Floor

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_y..., Delorean17_at_dml_a... wrote:
> Hi,
>     Check and make sure the little hood stops that the hood rest on
when
> closed have sealant around them.  That was my problem.  If you
washed under
> the wheel wells water can also come in where the speedometer cabled
enters
> the car.
>
> good luck
> David Phelps

That was it David the Speedometer cable entrance!! THANKS!!! do you
or anyone else know if there is a grommet or something that should be
there to stop water from coming in and if so the part number?

Thanks again for the replies!!

Chuck
A now dry vin #6125

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:43:38 -0400
From: "Hank Eskin" <heskin_at_dml_bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Vacuum brake bleeding kits

Hello All,

  I need to bleed my brakes, and today I picked up a $25 vacuum
pump/one-person-brake-bleeding kit at Autozone.  What are peoples' opinions
about these type of kits, do they do the same job as a traditional two-man
brake bleeding procedure, and is there anything I should look out for when
using this kit?

Thanks,

-Hank Eskin #1619

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:10:01 -0400
From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt_at_dml_att.net>
Subject: Re: Parking Brake Pad Removal

I just used a small wrench and did okay with it.  There wasn't a lot of
room, but I had enough to tighten it.  The new pads I bought came with new
retaining hardware that was not the same thread & wrench size as what came
on the car.

Walt    Tampa, FL

Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 00:24:05 EDT
From: sand131_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Snap on number of oil drain tool.

In a message dated 4/13/02 10:16:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com writes:

> Does anyone have the part number for the Snap On tool for our drain plug??
> Any alternative sources for a REAL TOOL (not a bent piece of metal!)?

Marc the Snap On 3/8 Drive socket is 5/16 PPM410.
Ralph

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:48:03 EDT
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Marc, Take a look at the replacement oil drain plug which doesn't require any
special tools. Bottom of the engine page. $12.95
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/engine.shtml

Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:35:11 -0700
From: "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Limited Edition Kits

( Moderator's note: Judging from Mike's post, Lee is still working at getting the kits out so please direct any more discussion off list to Scott.)

Not sure if I should say anything or not but I too had waited a long time
for my kit from Lee, however I have to say that after it arrived it has made
the wait much more understandable.  These kits are truly one of a kind and
give the builder the opportunity to custom make a kit of THEIR DeLorean.

Mine arrived only a couple of weeks ago so Lee is still at work finishing
the kits and that should make anyone still waiting for theirs feel better.
I've heard he has had problems with either copyright or trade mark issues
and that slowed things down a great deal and along with that I heard he is
planning his retirement so there's been a lot going on.  Please don't write
me about your kit as I don't have anything to do with them and don't speak
for Lee but did want to say these kits are truly unique and since all the
excitement has died down over them from a couple of years ago I did want to
remind people how special they are and how much work is still going into
each individual model.

I only wish I could make something like this.

Mike Atkinson

> Who else besides me have paid for but not received there limited edition
Kit
> from Lee Seilers?
>
> I would like to get a head count.
>
> Send your reply to
>
> scott.a.mueller (at) att.net
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott Mueller

> moderator_at_dml_dmcnews.com

---

Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 02:51:53 -0700
From: "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Re: Mirrored Tint

"since the air conditioner can be a bit wimpy at times, the tint helps a
heck of a lot."

Dick, We haven't had any problems here in Arizona I'm glad to say!

Mike Atkinson
vin 16232

 Jeff

  Haven't seen any mirrored tint on a D, but I've got to
 tell you that tint is an excellent way to go.  since
 the air conditioner can be a bit wimpy at times, the
 tint helps a heck of a lot.

 Are you going to Memphis?

Dick Ryan

---