From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1329
Date: Saturday, January 04, 2003 4:38 AM

From: John Gedeon <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "gullwingmagazine <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>" <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>

From: "joshp1986 <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>

From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

From: "d_rex_2002 <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>

From: "Adam <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>

From: doctordhd_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: ss louvers
From: "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>

12. Re: delorean tee shirt
From: P12C16_at_dml_aol.com

13. carpets in any color availible.
From: "John Dore <dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com>" <dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com>

14. RE: DeLorean Related Cars.
From: "mgutkowski_at_dml_cix.co.uk" <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

15. NEW NEVER USED white KRUPS grinder for sale
From: "schweppes99 <h.zache_at_dml_gmx.de>" <h.zache_at_dml_gmx.de>

16. videos
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

17. Re: Value of D going Up?
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:53:29 -0800 (PST)
From: John Gedeon <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Value of D going Up?

Its a good thing if you own a D and arn't trying to
save up to by one ;) Hopefully they will stay within
reach for me.

John

--- "silverdelorean2002 <silvercrw646_at_dml_cs.com>"

Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 21:24:25 -0000
From: "gullwingmagazine <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>" <gullwingmagazine_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: 2003 Delorean Calendar

Dear DML

Hope everyone that received the 2003 Delorean Calendar is now getting
the chance to use and enjoy it.

If anybody else is interested, we have them made and ready to ship.

Thanks
Ron  gullwingmagazine(AT)juno.com

Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 23:51:00 -0000
From: "joshp1986 <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <joshp1986_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: ss louvers

 I was wandering where did the owner of vin 17006 get his louvers?
          Thanks,Josh

Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 02:43:22 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: DeLorean Related Cars.

As one DeLorean related car re-enters the market, another one disappears.
Lotus says it's only for a few years, but for now this will be the final production
year for the Esprit.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/01/03/1041196774591.html

If nothing else, it should help current owners raise the value of their own cars
quite a bit. Nice cars, but painful deappriciation after that first year...

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_m...>

Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 19:37:23 -0800 (PST)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Dakota Dash...

Since I'm the other owner of a Dakota Digital dash I feel obligated to share experiences and viewpoint on this modification as well. As Matthew stated, my car's previous owner installed the dash. He did a pretty hacked job. He didn't wire it correctly.... and really never finished the job. My temperature gague gets a reading about 1% of the time (if that). My oil gague's readings are off by about -40%, and my voltage reading is usually about 1 volt less than actual. The parking brake warning NEVER flashes when the brake is on, but loves to randomly (and annoyingly!) flash when the brake ISN'T on. My tach just about has to be on the high side, as it's read above 7000 rpm's before. I believe the speedo is the only gague on the entire dash that operates correctly 100% of the time.

The dash has been nothing but one big headache and aggrevation since day one. I really don't like not knowing what's really going on as far as oil pressure, water temperature, and voltage goes. I've had so many false alarms over the past year due to faulty readings.

Of course this is totally objective here, but I feel the dash is cheesy looking too. It just screams "cheap!!!" to me... even though the system cost nearly $1,000!!! I also feel the DeLorean is a classic car... and I'm really for keeping originality as far as classics go.  I just don't like the fact that it disturbs the factory wiring of the car as much as it does too. There's a heck of alot of wire splicing going on. It's not plug and play. There's a little control module mounted under the dash that all the factory wiring is cut and fused into. You can't just remove the Dakota Dash and plug back in the old gagues... you have to do lots and lots of wire tracing and such to get the wiring back the way it once was. This is why I got so frusterated as to offer the dash up for free to anyone who would remove it, and put my original analogues back in. I ended up backing out of that... because there was a real possibility someone trying to remove the dash could screw up my car even further... so.... I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to fix this mess. I guess I'm just going to save up and send my car to PJ Grady's. It needs a good tuning anyways :-). So the moral of this story is... if you absolutely must have this modification... don't let anyone short of Rob Grady himself do it. Otherwise you're in for alot of heartache.

Louie Golden
#10115 Sanford, NC

Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 22:37:24 -0600
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>
Subject: delorean tee shirt

i saw somewhere i cant remember that there was a website or person selling a delorean
car on a tee shirt that was real wild looking with fat tires on it and kind of cartoon
looking. if anyone knows what i am talking about please let me know what website or who
was selling it.

thank you
mark

Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 14:30:07 -0000
From: "d_rex_2002 <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>" <rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net>
Subject: Re: delorean tee shirt (KoolArt)

Mark and List,

I think this is the reference to the Delorean Caricature that can be
put on a T-shirt or many other items.

Message 21931 of 30098

From:  wingd2_at_dml_a...
Date:  Sat Dec 8, 2001  12:58 am
Subject:  NEW Delorean Caricature

Finally it's here !!! Check out - www.4koolart.com -
and look at item # K1404

The artist has been working on this Delorean "caricature" for us
for about 9 months now and has finally added it to his wide array
of car caricatures, over 1350 different designs.  It's available
as a T-shirt, sport shirt, sweat shirt, coffee mug, mouse pad and
a very nice "A" size print which is suitable for framing.

And the finished product really looks much better then the shot
shown on the web page.

Makes for something neat to add to your Xmas wish list.

<A HREF="www.4koolart.com">www.4koolart.com</A>

Marty

(not connected with KoolArt in any way)

Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:55:36 -0000
From: "Adam <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: vapor canister...

If the "purge signal hose" ,that goes from the vapor canister to the
intake manifold, is disconnected; would this affect the idling of the
engine on startup due to one or both of the following?
The intake would now have a vacuum leak?

The vapor canister is not releasing its contained vapor?

I am just wondering how important the closed vapor containment system
really is, and if everyone still uses it. Has anyone eliminatd it
from their car?

Thanks,

Adam

Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:15:39 -0500
From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy_at_dml_paramanet.com>
Subject: DCS Magazine

I just got back from 2 weeks in Costa Rica..  It was depressing to return to the cold and wet northeast.  Until, I picked up my 2 weeks worth of mail and found the first issue of DCS magazine in it!

For anyone who has not subscribed, I highly recommend it.  The magazine really does concentrate on car show activities, and the car owners.  It is a refreshing change from the hard-core technical articles, and the "infomercials" I have seen in other magazines.  Best of all, there are no "continued on page 7" type articles!  (I hate when magazines split up the articles across the entire magazine on 5 pages!).

My compliments to Tiffany on her article in the magazine..  Of course, she did not mention the time I spent talking to her about the stuff that needed attention on her car, but that's OK..  Her description of the caravan is one of the best I have read.

Nice job KEN!

Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 10:04:50 -0500
From: doctordhd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Driving Computer

Does anyone have a "driving computer" installed in their DMC-12?  By that I mean an instrument that measures speed distance and miles per gallon.  I used to have a ZT model in another car and just found part of it.  I was wondering if it is adaptable to the DeLorean.

Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:33:52 -0500
From: "Brent W. Lundgren" <brentlun_at_dml_netrax.net>
Subject: Re: ss louvers

Josh,
When I bought VIN #17006 in November 2001, the louvers were already on the
car.  I asked the same question of the former owner and was told that the
louvers were on the car when purchased in 1995.  Other members of the DML
have speculated that the louvers were an aftermarket option like the brushed
SS letters for the bumper or door sills, but the louvers are no longer in
production.  I remember reading in the DML archives that there was a place
somewhere in the Carolinas that may have made these louvers but it is
unknown if they are still in business.  Mine is the only car I have seen
that have the SS louvers.
Sorry I couldn't be more help,
Brent Lundgren
1983 VIN #17006
1981 VIN #3049

Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 07:55:11 EST
From: P12C16_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: delorean tee shirt

I think that was Lee's site, the guy who made the limited run DeLorean models
a few years back.   The URL escapes me at the moment....

Patrick

Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:59:37 -0000
From: "John Dore <dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com>" <dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: carpets in any color availible.

Hi guys,
This info is from a discussion on the DMC Forum list, I thought there
might be some people on this list also interested in the information,
I was enquiring about dyeing my carpets black to match the black
seats, trim and headliners I have, and Ron Wester came up with this
great source... a company in florida that makes carpet sets for our
cars in any color!
The company name is Hydro-E-Lectric in Florida. The cost is about
$359.00 but comes in different colors and is complete with backing
pad. Their phone number is #941-639-0437
Thanks again Ron,
Best wishes,
John Dore, Ireland, VIN 3810.

Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:35:05 -0500
From: "mgutkowski_at_dml_cix.co.uk" <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: RE: DeLorean Related Cars.

This was covered on "Tob Gear" on Sunday - the reason for the cease in
production was cited as the dwindling number of new gearboxes, which are
"from the Renault 25". Not precisely the same, but extremely similar to the
DeLorean's. Let's hope they don't twig that there's a large number of brand
new Renault tansmissions sitting in a warehouse in Houston, Texas....

Another interesting statistic is that in 27 years of production, Lotus have
produced 10,000 Esprits. In 2 years of production, DMC produced 8,500
DeLoreans using a very similar process...

The Esprit is also renowned for its awful reliability, though is still very
much an enthusiast's car

www.espritfactfile.com (a US site too!)

Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 18:58:03 -0000
From: "schweppes99 <h.zache_at_dml_gmx.de>" <h.zache_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: NEW NEVER USED white KRUPS grinder for sale

Happy New Year!

I was lucky to get a NEW never used white KRUPS grinder (Mr Fusion)
from my aunt - and I wanna sell it - looks like bought in a shop a
few minutes ago - but bought in 1988 - I've never seen a grinder like
that - take a look at

ViewItem&item=1876359244

and make your bid - I promise, you have never seen a grinder like
this!

Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:13:13 EST
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: videos

I am working on a project for 2004 and I could use a bit of help.
What I am looking for is short (15-30sec) video clips of DeLoreans driving on
the road.
It would be nice to have some from all over the United States and other
countries as I plan to use it in Pigeon Forge. If you have full vcr or other
videos I can edit them.

If you have any videos you can e-mail it to me or send in hi 8 or vhs format
or put it on a cd as a jpeg or other compatable media format.  The address is
on the  deloreancarshow.com web page if you need it.

Remember this is your show I am justs trying to put it together
If you have any other video ideas let me know
We have two huge 20' screens in the convention center and I would like to
fill them up during the day.  Local event videos are welcome.

If you have rare footage or other videos please contact me.  Its amazing what
I find this way.

Also as you see on the web page we have a lot of people videos saying they
are going to pigeon forge
If you want to join them send me your video and we will put it up.

Did you all see John DeLorean on the video that was taken with him on October
18th 2002.

Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 19:25:25 EST
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com

Just some thought on value from an economics student,  The prices of the
DeLorean seem to be going up, but the question is, Is the value of the
DeLorean going up, or is the price being effected by the forces of inflation.
 In relation to the original purchase price in 1981 the value of the DeLorean
has droped by a great deal, but if you look at compairable cars from that era
(ie Corvette or BMW),  the value of the DeLorean isn't doing too poorly.

Just some food for thought.
Andrew