From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1351
Date: Monday, January 20, 2003 7:52 PM

1. Re: Barret-Jackson Auction
From: illyana delorean <illyana_at_dml_mindspring.com>

2. Re: Barret-Jackson Auction
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

3. BTTF Dvd Trilogy
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

4. Triangle plate on Belfast Delorean
From: "netym89 <delorean_at_dml_telus.net>" <delorean_at_dml_telus.net>

5. Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Originator's comment
From: "netym89 <delorean_at_dml_telus.net>" <delorean_at_dml_telus.net>

6. Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Part car pirates you suc&!
From: "erikgeerdink <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Re: Re: Fuel Tank
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

8. Re: Air in Coolant
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

9. Parts cars
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

10. Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction
From: Robert Greenhaw <deloreandude_at_dml_juno.com>

11. Re: Digest Number 1350
From: Jack The Stripper <motti_at_dml_optonline.net>

12. A new small DeLorean model
From: "Ian Foster" <ian_at_dml_netvigator.com>

13. Non-DeLorean Question: Bricklin.
From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

14. RE: Digest Number 1350
From: "IN2TIME" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

15. RE: Triangle plate on Belfast Delorean
From: "mgutkowski_at_dml_cix.co.uk" <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>

16. Re: Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Part car pirates you suc&!
From: Todd Masinelli <tmasin_at_dml_madisontelco.com>

17. Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Part car pirates you suc&!
From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

18. Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Part car pirates you suc&!
From: "erikgeerdink <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

19. Re: BTTF Dvd Trilogy
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_attbi.com>

20. Vacuum tubing
From: "vin2105 <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>" <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>

21. Re: Parts cars
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com

22. Re: Parts cars
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>

23. Controversial D in Florida
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

24. removing rear facia
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com

25. Part needed, HELP
From: "James LaLonde <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:05:29 -0700
From: illyana delorean <illyana_at_dml_mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Barret-Jackson Auction

earlier, i wrote:

>I was up at Barrett-Jackson and there were actually two Deloreans
>there. The one with 57 miles went for $25, while the other D went for
>$29 (I have no idea why it got more $$ than the low-mileage one. The
>low-mileage one was a 5-speed, while the other one was an automatic -
>does this have anything to do with the amount of money the car
>fetched?).

of course, those prices are in thousands. i would have definately bid
if the car was only at $25!

oops!

illyana
--
S1.3 MIL+++ RWG++# FRI++ CBG++ P&S-- f++/+++ n- $++++ 9F13, 1F22,
2F13, 3F02, 3F05, 4F01, 4F08, 4F11, 4F19 F1980

HPGCv1
a22 e+ x+* Rm Ri HP4 S+++ Mo++ HG+/VK++ HaP+/SS+++& FGW++ DM++& VC--
GG-- CD+ VK++ SS+++& PT--- AF-- MM++ RL++ O+m FAo F- Sl FHo SfD

"What's the point in having a Honda if you can't show it off?" -
Superintendent Chalmers

visit my livejournal! http://www.livejournal.com/users/illyanadmc

Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:49:52 -0600
From: id <ionicdesign_at_dml_execpc.com>

it was the other way around. the 57 mile went for $26 and the 22,000 mile went for $29

mark

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 02:48:07 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: BTTF Dvd Trilogy

I was shopping in Costco today (my wife made me come, I am the
official "Bearer Of The Wallet"). Anyway I was poking through the
dvd's and I found the BTTF Trilogy on dvd for sale for $35.95 which is
a good deal now as Sam Goody is now selling it for $59.95. When they
had first had it at Sam Goody I paid $38.95. For anyone who hasn't
picked it up already this is the best deal yet.
 BTW does anyone know if there are any "easter eggs" on the dvd's?

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 03:45:07 -0000
From: "netym89 <delorean_at_dml_telus.net>" <delorean_at_dml_telus.net>
Subject: Triangle plate on Belfast Delorean

In all my blank and white pictures, there is a particular picture of
a Delorean, illustrated in Motor Trend June'81 page 95, having the
plate number 173 01. Right above it is a small triangular plate. I
would like to know the colors of this plate and the significance of
it. Anybody know?? Thanks.

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 04:06:16 -0000
From: "netym89 <delorean_at_dml_telus.net>" <delorean_at_dml_telus.net>
Subject: Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Originator's comment

Fellow members,
As the originator of this discussion, I must say that those that
spoke up on this sad Ebay car have said all the right things that
some cars are never going to be parts cars! It is one method of
making our cars worth more in the long run by driving other cars into
the grave with an early retirement. It is still sad to see any
Delorean at a Auto-wrecker whatever condition it may be in. I can
only picture the condition that the car could have been in if some
owners would just have taken better care of their jewel of Ireland by
doing a little preventative maintenance and abide to recalls on the
car. Seeing burned-out Deloreans is just not right but it happens. If
there are moth-balled Deloreans out there in Mini-Storages, once they
come out of their coccoon, lets make sure that their headlights see
highway again. I am all for it, guys!! Lets save those Deloreans that
can still be transformed into a nice looking car. Many kids, that now
have seen the DVD Back to the Future movies are going to look for a
Delorean, just like I did back in 1985. We have to make sure that
these cheaper cars are available to them. Most of us can not afford
these 25k$$ cars with 2000 miles. Big deal, I have a Delorean to
drive as much as I can during the dry season, not to look at in my
garage and tell my friends my car has only 2000 miles on it and
holding!! Cars are meant to be driven!!

BC, Canada

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster_at_dml_d...>

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 04:38:37 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Part car pirates you suc&!

First you say:

>So, with an abundant supply, and a type of vehicle that I'd be
willing to say is
> atleast 70% rustproof, what in the hell do we need parts cars for?
There is
> absolutely no justification.

Then you say:

> The moral of the story? With the exception of an ultra-severe
wreck, every
> DeLorean out there is a canidate for restoration.

Which is it?  I have parted our 3 cars.  The first one had been
stripped of just about everything before I got it.  This was due to
the front end collision it was in 18 years prior.  It sat outside
for that amount of time.  I parted out the panels.  In doing so i
funded some major restorations on my car, and saved a lot of people
a lot of money.

One "restorable" car gone...at least 12 cars back on the road.

The second parts car was toasted in a fire.  I parted out the front
end and used some of the parts for my own, and used some of the
money for more restorations on my car

One "restorable car gone...at least 15, and counting, back on the
road

The third I am still working on parting out.  Major front end
damage.  So far I have help 9 people fix there cars....and oh yea,
helped mine along the way.

lets see 12+15+9 equals 36...and oh yea...MINE!  That makes 37 cars
back on the road, and 3 of them gone.  And thats not even true!  2
of the parts cars are now in Rich W. hands.  Who knows what they
will turn into.

Now, lets get back to what you were saying.

>So, with an abundant supply, and a type of vehicle that I'd be
willing to say is
> atleast 70% rustproof, what in the hell do we need parts cars for?
There is
> absolutely no justification.

Still feel the same way?

Yes, these cars are great.  But they should not be treated like
gods.  Just because you do not feel a certain way about something
doesn't mean that the rest of use are wrong.  Same holds true to
the "You must keep everything stock" and the "Modify!!!" crowds.
Personal opinion.  You can tell us your opinion, but
remember...thats all it is.
Oh, and in reply to an earlier post made by Todd:

> If
> your in the DeLorean comunity to make a profit then
> you don't deserve to own one of these cars. Thats my
> opion. I'm entiled to it. End of disscution.

Hey John Hervey, Rob Grady and Darryl...SELL YOUR CARS!!!  You don't
deserve them.

Erik Geerdink
04512....would be dead if it weren't for parts cars

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 04:38:58 -0000
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Tank

Have to agree w/ David T on this. My sad experience (although it had a
happy ending) was that something got sucked against one of the screens
on the pickup, broke through, and totally stopped up my fuel system
(before the filter). Suspect it was a piece of deteriorated pump boot.
Don't know if mine representative, but remaining screens were so
brittle they crumbled between thumb & forefinger. Ultimately replaced
everything from filter forward -- a not too expensive procedure I'd
recommend to any owner (when I say everything, I mean everything --
including all tank components).

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 04:49:53 -0000
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Air in Coolant

I'm used to water flowing other way into combustion chambers, but that
is 17-18 psi...

Old timers' signs for leaking head gasket:
   White residue or foam in oil
   Steam in exhaust (warm engine)

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 05:53:19 -0000
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Parts cars

Good grief, *2* pages of new messages. I know who WASN'T outside
freezing their b'doobies off this weekend working on their D's...

I do know a thing or two about parts cars. Have a driveway full of
them. I buy parts and intstall them in the cars...

To prospective owners considering a fixer-upper of any kind, please
consider whether vehicle is at least roadable. Inconvenience of a car
that can't leave driveway under its own power is exponentially greater
than the asphalt actually consumed. I have 2 driving lanes and STILL
get frustrated when one's out of service. Am single, but imagine
stress on marriage from dead vehicle is probably disproportionately
larger too. And the biggest source of frustration must be to the proud
new owner -- it takes a PATIENT man to pour money and energy into a
car that only travels in his own mind (kudos Dave Stragand and Rick
Gendreau). Few people are willing to let their car sit at a repair
establishment and soak up money until some nebulous point in the
future. Same principle applies in your own driveway.

Re: out of service DeLoreans -- these are especially aggravating due
to attention lavished by curious neighbors and passers by. They all
want to see the car *GO*, and are vocally disappointed when it
doesn't. Of course they're not the ones laying in the driveway covered
in grease. Have discovered that these people are usually dressed much
finer and tend to cut conversation short when you stand close in the
greasy coveralls and explain (use lots of gestures with greasy hands)
why car is on jack stands...
FWIW: my SS (Stainless Steel) Titanic is definitely a fixer-upper,
mostly interior. But she does run (3000 miles and counting). Is of
course never for resale. 1001 ongoing irritants until I am able to fix
them, but those alone could not prompt a parting. Would I feel so
strongly if the car and I had NOT spent time on the road?

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:04:09 -0600
From: Robert Greenhaw <deloreandude_at_dml_juno.com>
Subject: Re: Barrett-Jackson Auction

Hey List,

The two DeLorean's were not featured on the show....
but they can be found at Barrett-Jackson's website:
http://www.barrett-jackson.com
Just click "Auction Results" then click over about
four or five pages! :O )

The 1981 D with 57 miles went for $25,920 while the
1983 went for $29,160...it had 22,766 miles.  The price
difference is probably due to the scarcity of 83's compared to
81's.

I watched the entire show to see the DeLoreans...and they didn't
even show them.  The show started at 3 PM Saturday, and the lot
number was in the 650's, so that meant they had already begun the
auctions earlier than the broadcast began.

There are really nice pictures of the cars at the website, though!

Later Dayz,
Robert G.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 04:27:57 -0500
From: Jack The Stripper <motti_at_dml_optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 1350

Speaking of the Sunstar model, someone posted recently that they found the
Sunstar models for like $15 each in a Spencer's Gifts store.  I just want
to know from that person what area they live in.  I went to the closest
Spencer's to me and there were no car models at all much less DeLorean
models.  I could check the other Spencer's in my area but I doubt I'll find
anything.  When I heard about that wonderful price I thought of doing a
couple customs that I've thought about but couldn't do because of the
(relatively) high cost of the model.  The person who found those models in
Spencer's can email me directly at motti_at_dml_optonline.net
Thanks.

--Joe

PS:  If I can get these models at this price then I'll be sure to send
pictures of the completed customs to Jeff for his site.

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:34:58 +0800
From: "Ian Foster" <ian_at_dml_netvigator.com>
Subject: A new small DeLorean model

Hi DMLers and DOCers,

I have just been given a present this evening of a 1:43 scale DeLorean.
Looks great. Its by a subsiduary of SunStar and the quality is as good as
the 1:18 model. They offer the original DeLorean and also in BTTF regalia!

I haven't seen these mentioned on the Lists ... have I not been paying
attention?

Cheers,          IAN
******************

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:31:08 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>
Subject: Non-DeLorean Question: Bricklin.

*****  Moderator's Note  *****
Please respond directly to Robert.

*****  Mike G.  Moderator of the week

I know that there are some here on the list who also own Bricklins,
so I wanted to ask a quick question about them since I can't find any
active discussion groups on them.

In a nutshell, I found one for sale. It's a high vin, Safty
White '75. The car was collateral for a personal loan to a friend
that never paid the guy back. When he took posesion of it, the
chassis, suspension, steering, brakes, and underbody have all been
blasted, recoated, rebulit, and has been entirely reassembled. So he
has a complete rolling chassis. The body panels are all there as
well, but have not been installed. The engine and the tranny are both
in questionable shape (although he is not familiar with the car, he
believes that while still a Ford, the motor is NOT original), and the
interior is completly missing (the current owner believes that the
old owner still has them). Plus there are some other misc. parts as
well. I haven't seen the car in person yet (I would have to before I
could even consider making a decision). But the owner wants $650 for
everything to get it out of the garage.

I hate posting "newbie-esqe" questions like this, because I normally
try to research any vehicle I buy throughly first. But since this
seems to be so on the fly, I thought that I might ask others here who
might have some experience in this realm.

Ideas on what to look for, and/or what are common problem areas that
I should look for? And if there are missing peices that I need to
replace, which ones are key to the car. I.e. expensive/irreplaceable?

Thanks in advance, and please reply off-list. Thanks!

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:39:39 -0800
From: "IN2TIME" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

> Sunstar models for like $15 each in a Spencer's Gifts store.

I called a Spencer's in the Seattle area, and they said the only get models
in for Christmas, and they sold them all for 50% off to get rid of them
right after Christmas (which explains the $15 price). According to the
person I talked to, by January here were no DeLorean models left in the
Seattle area.

Gary
IN2TIME

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:06:59 -0500
From: "mgutkowski_at_dml_cix.co.uk" <webmaster_at_dml_delorean.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Triangle plate on Belfast Delorean

It is a "trade plate". Automotive professionals can apply for plates like
these. Primarily owned by dealers, these allow cars that are otherwise
illiegal to be driven on the road, to be transported under their own power.
It's just a way dealers can conduct their business without having to tax
and insure every car on their forecourt.

My DeLorean did several miles on trade plates being test-driven by my
garage as the mechanicals were nursed back to health.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:08:47 -0600
From: Todd Masinelli <tmasin_at_dml_madisontelco.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Sad Delorean on Ebay/Part car pirates you suc&!

> Oh, and in reply to an earlier post made by Todd:
>> If your in the DeLorean comunity to make a profit then
>> you don't deserve to own one of these cars.
> Hey John Hervey, Rob Grady and Darryl...SELL YOUR CARS!!!
> You don't deserve them.

To those who ask why we include our VIN's in our posts, it's not just to
identify our cars but also sometimes to identify us!  When we don't include
our last names when we post, things can get confusing.  (Or, in the case of
the two Dan Deutsch's, even the last name doesn't help.)

The Todd who made the above comments owns VIN 5386.  Yours truly, VIN 6681,
feels that if someone paid for a DeLorean they have the right to drive it,
store it, paint it, part it out, turn it into a giant toaster, or whatever
else they feel like doing.  I've seen some things done that I would never do
to my own car, but I can't say I've ever met an owner who didn't "deserve"
his or her DeLorean.

__________________
Todd Masinelli
VIN 6681 (Nov '81)

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:56:40 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "erikgeerdink <erikgeerdink_at_dml_y...>"
<erikgeerdink_at_dml_y...> wrote:
> First you say:
>
> >So, with an abundant supply, and a type of vehicle that I'd be
> willing to say is
> > atleast 70% rustproof, what in the hell do we need parts cars
for?
> There is
> > absolutely no justification.
>
> Then you say:
>
> > The moral of the story? With the exception of an ultra-severe
> wreck, every
> > DeLorean out there is a canidate for restoration.
>
> Which is it?  I have parted our 3 cars.  The first one had been
> stripped of just about everything before I got it.  This was due to
> the front end collision it was in 18 years prior.  It sat outside
> for that amount of time.  I parted out the panels.  In doing so i
> funded some major restorations on my car, and saved a lot of people
> a lot of money.
<SNIP>

Wait a second. Even in this quote I cleared stated that "With the
exception of an ultra-severe wreck..." Even I realize that there are
vehicles out there that are beyond repair, as do others. And this is
quite obviously the case with the cars here that you have. But
niether of these are the kinds of cars that are being discussed here.
What the complaint here is that is being voiced by myself and others
is cars that have no devistating damage to them are being parted out.

Example: There is one car on eBay from Colorado that was painted
white. I saw this one a couple of years ago, and it had ben in a rear
end collision. A couple of crinkled panels, a ruined facia, and a
broken rear-quarter glass. Benefit of the doubt on this one because I
didn't inspect it in person, but the car look very repairable to me.
But no, this one was parted out.

Another car on eBay was parted out by someone with the e-mail address
jeffry.tina<at>msn.com. This is a car that was physicly fine, and
from the pictures in very good condition. The guy got it, and had
many more mechanical problems then he expected. He sank some cash
into it, and then gave up. The result? This guy parted out a
perfectly fine car just simply to try and "brake even" on the cash he
lost.

Parting out a perfectly good car simply to make a cheap profit is
(and granted yes, this is my opinion here) no different than
purposfully torching the car to collect on the insurance money. Yeah,
you're not braking the law, and while you're not commiting fraud
against anyone in a leagal sense, you are still destroying a car just
simply for money.

This is also what is meant by it being wrong that people are trying
to make money here in the DeLorean world. Not by being a
participating vendor, but by destroying cars that are otherwise quite
restorable. Wrecked, burned, or even bare-bones cars that have been
stripped of all vital parts are one thing. What is being discussed
here are fully complete cars that were simply taken out of service
due to certain mechanical problems, and/or were simply parked (such
as mine for instance). Even with a car that essentially has no
chassis, and no usable suspension due to rust but has a great
interior and drive train, that's somthing that I would consider to be
an excellent canidate for a restoration as well. Especially when you
compare the price of a new chassis, and the past selling prices of
cars in this condition. It's a helluva alot of work for those that
will be willing to do it. Even more so than I will need to complete
on my car. But for some, just like an opinion, it's wants that are
important, and not the financial "bottom line". If you see a car that
is restorable, but you don't have the means to restore it, then pass
it by, or at least let someone who is in a better position than you
get the car to complete it. And if you happened to buy the wrong car
for you, and have gotten in way over your head... Well, take it like
a man and either sell it as you found it, or fix it, and savour the
accomplishment!

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:43:16 -0000
From: "erikgeerdink <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <erikgeerdink_at_dml_yahoo.com>

For the record, my remark about the three gentlemen selling their
cars was a "tounge in cheak" remark.  The reply looks as though it
is one single reply.  It is not, it is two seperate replies.  Below
is the correction.

Erik, Vin 4512 said:
> > Hey John Hervey, Rob Grady and Darryl...SELL YOUR CARS!!!
> > You don't deserve them.

my comment was sarcastic.

Erik Geerdink
VIN 4512

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:08:53 -0600
From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool_at_dml_attbi.com>
Subject: Re: BTTF Dvd Trilogy

>  BTW does anyone know if there are any "easter eggs" on the dvd's?

Here you go David. This link points out most of them. Although I always
thought you had to do a certain sequence of button pushing on a dvd to get
to Easter eggs, similar to accessing hidden moves on a video game.

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/bttf/eggs.html

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 19:44:43 -0000
From: "vin2105 <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>" <phil_at_dml_alessandros120.com>
Subject: Vacuum tubing

Yesterday I took the binacle out to clean up the former owners idea of
aftermarket stereo installation ( a taped bundle of wires almost as big around
as my wrist)  and found a small hard plastic vacuum tube running under the
binacle that had been melted in half at some point when a wire had shorted
and burnt.
Could someone please tell me the function of this tube and what  kind of
vacuum related problem fixing this will clear up.

Thanks
Phil Priestley

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:40:14 EST
From: AJL521_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Parts cars

I can understand the logic behind calling a fire damanged DeLorean or
compleatly wrecked (ie rollover or headon with a semi) being used as a parts
car,  But to part out a car just because it has been sitting for a few years?

The DeLorean that we all saw on e-bay can be turned into a driver.  Sure, it
needs fuel system work and a set of 4 tires, BIG DEAL!  After spending a few
thousand on fuel system parts, a couple hundred on tires, and at least
another hundred in armor-all, and stainless steel cleaner this could be a
nice car that someone would enjoy.

Now yes there are some cars that would be uneconomical to save from the
grave, and by all means the parts from those cars should be used to keep
other DeLorean's on the road.

Live the Dream,
Andrew

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:48:08 -0500
From: Peter Lucas <lucas_at_dml_Maya.com>

This whole "parts car" issue is simple:

Let's just declare the "soul" of a D to be the left front fender (the
weakest link in the restoration chain, no?). Then, if you are trying to
decide whether a particular car is worth restoring, you just have to
decide whether you can either (a) salvage the fender or (b) somehow
come up with another one. This makes the total number of "parts cars"
more-or-less well-defined:  It is the total number of cars minus the
total number of left front fenders.   :-)

--Pete Lucas

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:50:54 -0000
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Controversial D in Florida

OK -- controversial eBay DeLorean in Florida has been sold to
"jpetticrew". Are you on the list? If so, please let us know what
exactly you bought.

Live the dream...

BTW: If people still haven't gotten debate out of system, there's a
new fun one in Texas. Never understood purpose of unique PRV intake
manifold. Now I do: to keep rain water out of engines in these cars
stored w/o air cleaners.

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:23:07 EST
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: removing rear facia

Group,
I have heard this topic talked about alot over the past few years but never
seen it answered. Has anyone documented the steps to removing the rear facia?
I have looked on several DMC tech pages and can't seem to find one. Everyone
says its fairly simple and requires just a few steps. Could someone direct me
to a link that has a step by step direction ot provide the best way to remove
it...I am sure this will help lots of owners.

thanks
Mike C

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:47:30 -0000
From: "James LaLonde <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>" <deloreandmcxii_at_dml_excite.com>
Subject: Part needed, HELP

I noticed that neither PJ Grady or DMCH have this particular part in
thier cataloge, though I've yet to call.
It's listed as #10 in the Engine:Air Induction (1-4-1) section of the
parts manual.
It's the piece of tubing between the air mixture chamber and the w-
pipe, the part with the butterfly plates in it. Not sure what you'd
call it.
The only reason I need one is because the hole that the bolt that
holds the w-pipe to this piece is stripped out.

So, I'm looking for a used one. If anyone has a lead on one, I'd
appreciate it. Contact me off list to arrange payment etc..

thanks.
James LaLonde