From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1359
Date: Monday, January 27, 2003 2:15 AM

1. Re: Powder Coated Alternator
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

2. Re: Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>

3. Fuel Flow Measurement in a DeLorean
From: "drdhdmd <doctordhd_at_dml_aol.com>" <doctordhd_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!
From: kaipur_at_dml_aol.com

5. Attention owners and enthusiasts from Kansas/Oklahoma
From: "argent486 <argentum_at_dml_hit.net>" <argentum_at_dml_hit.net>

6. Re: Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

7. RE: Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!
From: "IN2TIME" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

8. Re: Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!
From: Mark Noeltner <mark_at_dml_buffalochips.org>

9. Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

10. Re: Fuel Flow Measurement in a DeLorean
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

11. Top 25 DVD's BTTF #6
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

12. Re: Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!
From: kaipur_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 09:18:02 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Powder Coated Alternator

NICE WORK JOHN.  KEEP MAKING DELOREANS A BETTER CAR.

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:23:24 -0600
From: Gus Schlachter <gus_at_dml_austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!

"dmc_dream " wrote:

> ...I'm not about to run out and buy my DeLorean tomorrow (no matter how
> tempted I have been).  I know I've got a lot of research to do, which is exactly
> why I've joined this list.....

I'd like to suggest to all the DeLorean seekers out there that they attend one of the
DeLorean car shows.  Nowhere else will you get the opportunity to see 100 or more DMCs
in one place.  More importantly, you'll get to meet 100 or more DMC owners, and share
their experiences.  And don't forget that most DMC vendors are in attendance, so you'll
get first-hand experience with what they're like and what products and/or services they
offer.

I realize that for most of you this involves travel expense, but I think it's well worth
it.  You'll have a great time, and you'll learn a lot!

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:09:30 -0000
From: "drdhdmd <doctordhd_at_dml_aol.com>" <doctordhd_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Fuel Flow Measurement in a DeLorean

Does anyone out there know the DMC fuel system really well?  How can
I measure the fuel flow?  Can I use information from the frequency
valve and RPM?  Any ideas?  I want to build a driving computer and I
have bought a Compaq 2010c as the base.  It should look nice sitting
on top of the center console with it's 640 x 240 color screen.  It
will display time, didtance, MPH, miles per gallon, inside and
outside temperature, battery voltage,  air fuel ratio, as obtained
from the Lambda, RPM, ETA for an entered trip, distance to empty,
etc.  I'll keep you posted but my main stumbling block right now is
measuring fuel flow.  Will I need to get 2 seperate fuel flow sensors
and put them in the feed and return lines and calulate the
difference?  All pictures and update will be posted to my website,
currently under construction, at www.dmc12.info

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:59:50 EST
From: kaipur_at_dml_aol.com

ok now I LOVE Deloreans and have never heard of there being any sort of show
for them.  How do I find out when and where those will be held at?
Course...it's not like I'll be able to buy one anytime soon if ever I'd just
love to see one in person.  Do they come in different colors?

~Timothy S Purvis

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:04:18 -0000
From: "argent486 <argentum_at_dml_hit.net>" <argentum_at_dml_hit.net>
Subject: Attention owners and enthusiasts from Kansas/Oklahoma

Hello all,

I keep hearing stories from my friends about seeing cars on eBay,
classified ads, or on car lots not too far away. Being that there is
not a named group in Kansas/Oklahoma I wouldn't mind helping start
one. Does anyone want to meet or get a group of cars to local shows?
Could anyone educate me if there already is a group so I'm not
reinventing the wheel? I would be interested to hear from any owners,
future aspiring owners, enthusiasts, Back to the Future fans... If
you are from Wichita, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and anywhere
in between send me a shout. Thanks!

Matt Metzinger
Arkansas City, KS (south of Wichita near OK border)
VIN 961 - KS Tag: TIMELES
Email: argentum_at_dml_hit.net
Yahoo ID: dmcvin961
MSN ID: Argent486

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:38:04 EST
From: kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

You must be a newbie not to have heard of the DeLorean Car Show.  If you want
more information check out the website at deloreancarshow.com.  We also
publish a magazine called DeLorean Car Show Magazine also available at the
same web page.

I would invite you and anyone else not familiar with the show or magazine to
check out the web page.

If you have any further questions you can e-mail me direct at
Kkoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

Ken
DeLorean Car Show Inc.

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 16:17:39 -0800
From: "IN2TIME" <Gary_at_dml_IN2TIME.com>

<SNIP> I LOVE Deloreans and have never heard of there being any sort of show

for them.  How do I find out when and where those will be held at? </SNIP>

Try this link: www.DeloreanCarShow.com

Gary
VIN 5612
www.IN2TIME.com

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:32:04 -0700
From: Mark Noeltner <mark_at_dml_buffalochips.org>

At 02:59 PM 1/26/2003 EST, you wrote:
<snip>Do they come in different colors?

>~Timothy S Purvis

You look like a perfect candidate for the DeLorean FAQ.

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/faq.htm

Also check out all the great information at the main DMC-News site.

http://www.dmcnews.com/

Mark N

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 02:33:52 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!

Just keep watching the DML, eventually you will find a gathering that
you wll want to attend. As we approach the "car season" everyone is
just now making the plans for their club's events.

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:42:17 EST
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Flow Measurement in a DeLorean

Dave, I know the fuel system pretty well, but all the information you are
asking for, cold  & warm pressure, system, rest and control pressure  is in
the technical manual. 2 pages of it. If you don't have one you can find it on
my web site.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com
Home of the Powder Coated Alternator

 currently under construction, at www.dmc12.info

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 02:44:55 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Top 25 DVD's BTTF #6

Last night on Access Hollywood (on NBC) they did a must have list of
the top 25 DVD's. The BTTF Trilogy ranked right up near the top at #6.
This just shows the continuing popularity of the BTTF movies in the
culture. We can only hope that this will translate into a renewed
interest in Deloreans also. It will be interesting to see how
Deloreans are responded to by the public at large when we go to car
shows in light of these results. Also values look like they are going
upward if the Barret-Jackson auction is any indicator. The next test
is the auction in Atlantic City in February. If the values hold then
you will see a stronger market for Deloreans (of course the general
economy and the situation in Iraq may affect the entire car hobby).
This will of course also affect all BTTF in general like the models,
the stuff Universal Studios sells, and the pinball machines.

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:44:56 EST
From: dherv10_at_dml_aol.com

Timothy, The only Delorean Car Show magazine can be seen on the front page of
my web site with a link to the publisher.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:17:23 EST
From: kaipur_at_dml_aol.com

Hey!  You don't have to result to the "newbie" bashin' now!  Natch.  But
thanks for the heads up.  I'll check it out.

~Tim