From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1363
Date: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 1:43 PM

1. Re: DeLorean on Monster Garage - Was: Delorean mention on Jeopardy!
From: "gr8old1 <webmaster_at_dml_88-mph.com>" <webmaster_at_dml_88-mph.com>

2. Re: DeLorean on Monster Garage - Was: Delorean mention on Jeopardy!
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

3. Re: DeLorean vs Ferrari 308GTS vs Corvette vs 280
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

4. rich fuel mixture and "clicking" noise
From: Larry <lkoden_at_dml_yahoo.com>

5. DMC Insurance? Help!
From: "jtipton" <Jtipton_at_dml_iglou.com>

6. Re: DeLorean vs Ferrari 308GTS vs Corvette vs 280
From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:50:32 -0000
From: "gr8old1 <webmaster_at_dml_88-mph.com>" <webmaster_at_dml_88-mph.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean on Monster Garage - Was: Delorean mention on Jeopardy!

Just to end the BTTF designer question:

It was Designed by Storyboard artist Andrew Probert. His website can
be found at http://designr.tripod.com/

-Jeff Chabotte
Norwich, CT
http://www.88-mph.com

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:39:13 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

Ken,

I was absolutely shocked (and mad) when I saw your email. I recently
have had some dealings with George Barris regarding my Delorean Time
Machine. He wanted to rent it so that he could claim that it was THE
Back to the Future Delorean.

He claimed he had "purchased" the rights to make such as claim from
Universal Studios. I refused to cooperate in any such advertising unless
he showed me proof of his claim.

THe story then changed that he bought one of the original ABC cars from
Jay Orberg (who was involved in the original BTTF cars) but it caught on
fire and was destroyed. Again, I wanted proof of this and none was
provided.

George then threatened me and said if he ever saw my car at a show he
would tell the show promoters that my car was a fake and not the Back to
the Future Car. !! I said fine because I have never claimed that it is.
(As you know, Mine is much better!!1 :-D )

Unfortunately, George Barris is very wealthly and has lots of
connections. If he claims to have made a movie car most people believe
him. It is just a shame the Monster Garage fell for his false claims.

BOB Brandys
97 DeLorean Time Machine.

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:39:27 EST
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DeLorean vs Ferrari 308GTS vs Corvette vs 280

In a message dated 1/29/03 10:11:31 AM Central Standard Time,
TheStash_at_dml_optonline.net writes:

> Seen this article for sale on ebay. Is this for real?
> My DeLorean is pretty fast but a Ferrari?
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400968900&
> category=10368

Tony,

this article can be found reproduced in the DeLorean Gold Portfolio book.

here are the results:
cars: Corvette (V8, carb), Datsun 280zx turbo, DeLorean, Ferrari 308GTSi,
Porsche 911SC.

of the five, the DeLorean had the slowest or lowest rank in:
0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile, top speed, 2nd slowest brake from 70mph, slalom speed
(55.1mph), race course speed, road course speed.

it also:
tied 3rd place for skidpad at .77g, tied 1st for road hp at 50mph, had 2nd
lowest sound level at 70 mph with 75db, tied 1st for highest fuel economy,
and had 1st for car and driver observed fuel economy.

it was in the middle of the price range for the 5 cars. despite the numbers,
the car was observed as being lots of fun to drive, looks great, holds its
own against the established makes, and they were optimisic that the D could
dominate if the legend twin turbo comes about.  (this artice was written in
1981).  so, even though the car didn't blow the doors off everyone (who would
expect that anyway), it was still a positive review.

Andy

Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:01:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Larry <lkoden_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: rich fuel mixture and "clicking" noise

Hopefull Someone can help.

I have two issues.  First it would be appreciated if
someone could tell me how to adjust the fuel mixture.
The car runs very rich and when you first start the
car you can't touch the gas pedal until the car warms
up or it will die.

Second, when I drive the car, the car makes a
"clicking" noise that I can't locate. (click, click,
click) The odd thing is that when I press the brake
pedal half way down the clicking stops when I release
the pedal it starts again.  I have had the brakes
checked and the problem doesn't seem to be there.
Someone told me that it is a cable that runs from the
front to the back of the car, in some sort of a
channal, I have no idea.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Also, my car is vin 00614, a pre-production car with
5,000 miles that I am thinking of selling if anyone
has an interest.

Thanks

Larry  #614

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:31:01 -0500
From: "jtipton" <Jtipton_at_dml_iglou.com>
Subject: DMC Insurance? Help!

Hello all.

My 1981 DMC is proving to be a buggar to insure.

Im 29 years old. Female. No wrecks. No tickets.

My company State Auto Mutual wants $860 every six months for full coverage.
Thats with it being listed as a weekend driver.
They also want pictures of the car and a written appraisal.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions as to who to call that may be less
expensive?

Thanks In Advance
JRT

Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:04:56 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Tony Pistachio <TheStash_at_dml_o...> wrote:
> Seen this article for sale on ebay. Is this for real?
> My DeLorean is pretty fast but a Ferrari?
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=2400968900&category=10368
<SNIP>

Yes, this was a real article. A copy of it is in the "DeLorean Gold
Porfolio". It was meant to be a comparison of the D vs. other
competing cars of it's time. It measured typical things such as
performance, handling, etc... If I remember correctly, the D was 2nd
to last when it came to performance, but won when it came to design
and sex appeal. All else seemed to be pretty much on par with the
other cars I believe.