From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1384
Date: Saturday, February 15, 2003 9:21 AM

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

There are 20 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Re: Hmmm, it's getting chilly in here, roll up the windows!!...
From: "Admiral Marciniak" <Admiral_mjm_at_dml_hotmail.com>

2. RE: Re: Frame for sale on eBay
From: "Jamie P. Hamlin" <jhamlin_at_dml_avart.net>

3. Re: Headlight Covers
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com

4. RE: Ireland Car Production Question
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf_at_dml_charter.net>

5. Idle speed motor and micro swich?..
From: "Adam <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: Re: Frame for sale on eBay
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

7. Re: Idle speed motor and micro swich?..
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

8. Re: Re: Help me pick an engine.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>

9. 3D DeLorean
From: Scott Tester <scott_at_dml_delorean.com>

10. Factory Wheel Measurements?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardners14_at_dml_cox.net>

11. Is it necessary to balance Delorean wheels *on* the car?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardners14_at_dml_cox.net>

12. Re: Is it necessary to balance Delorean wheels *on* the car?
From: "Dave Swingle <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>

13. Re: Is it necessary to balance Delorean wheels *on* the car?
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>

14. Re: Is it necessary to balance Delorean wheels *on* the car?
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

15. Re: Is it necessary to balance Delorean wheels *on* the car?
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

16. Brake Rotor Cross Reference
From: "Jonathan Lazar" <jxace_at_dml_adelphia.net>

17. Re: Factory Wheel Measurements?
From: "twinenginedmc12 <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>

18. Re: Factory Wheel Measurements?
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

19. Re: Ireland Car Production Question
From: "Ian Foster" <ian_at_dml_netvigator.com>

20. no idle speed motor.
From: "Adam <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>





Message: 1
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:25:41 -0500
From: "Admiral Marciniak" <Admiral_mjm_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Hmmm, it's getting chilly in here, roll up the windows!!...

for removing door panels or most inside panels i found a panel removing tool 
designed for gm /ford cars at carquest, for under $10, a small price to pay 
to avoid damage to the panels, it looks like a screwdriver that has had the 
bit end flatend/spred out and a "v"in the center to loosen the pushpins that 
hold it in place.





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 2
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:37:12 -0500
From: "Jamie P. Hamlin" <jhamlin_at_dml_avart.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Frame for sale on eBay

It also said rack and pinion and there is clearly no rack there.

Jamie Hamlin
Miami Florida
Vin# 02606

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com> [mailto:acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 5:52 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Re: Frame for sale on eBay



the description says that the front swat bar is missing, but it is
clearly visible in the photos for this ad. The seller might not be
using photos of the actual item...

Adam

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Mark Noeltner <mark_at_dml_b...> wrote:
> I was searching under mis-spellings for DeLorean items and ran
across this
> item listed as a "Delorian frame, suspension, rack and pinon":
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&item=2403468044&cat
> egory=6763
>
> The text of the ad said:
> "Complete frame, suspension, brakes and rack and pinon for 1983
Delorian.
> The front sway bar and left front caliper are missing. No rust and
has
> never been hit or damaged."
>
> It's located in Colorado.
>



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 3
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:16:52 EST
From: kayoong_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Headlight Covers

Just to add a note.  I have them on my DeLoren from the last six years when I 
purchase them PJ Grady.  

The original Lund covers were made out of Lexan material, not Acrylic. Lexan 
will not crack like Acrylic when it is stuck.  Lexan will resist against 
gravel, small rocks and debris that will strike it.  The covers were also 
manufactured with "curvatures" so when they are mounted on the car, they 
blend in with the front facial profile.  This curvature gives the DeLorean an 
aero dynamic and a distinguished look, which makes the DeLorean looks 
"correct and finished."  IMO, the DeLorean without the covers, looks bare and 
with crevices from the front.

If you people are interested, you can get the Lund Industries to start an 
another short production run.  I have an address and a phone number from six 
years ago, so, if you interested, give it try.

Lund Industries
911 Lund Blvd.
Anoka, MN 55303
(800) 328-9005

Kayo Ong
#5508
Lic 9D NY
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

In a message dated 2/13/03 9:35:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com writes:
> 
> You can make your own.
> 
> Find a plastics distributor in your area.  Take a template and they can cut
> them out for you.  If you use clear plastic, you can paint the back side 
> any
> color you want.  Attach them with velcro.
> 
> Scott Mueller
> 002981
> RNDOLA
> 
> 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 4
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:21:38 -0800
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: RE: Ireland Car Production Question

I have a hard back 165 page book entitled "Motor Makers in Ireland" by John
Moore which has lots of pictures and drawings and text of cars made in
Ireland.  Interesting book and includes the DeLorean......sometimes three or
four pages are devoted to one make, but there are dozens of them.
Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic: DMC-XII





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 5
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:50:34 -0000
From: "Adam <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Idle speed motor and micro swich?..

When my car is idling the screw from the throttle arm looks to be 
just touching the metal spring-hinged tab of the microswitch. When I 
push in the metal tab so that it makes no contact with the screw my 
idle does NOT change. Is this normal? How does the switch work?

Adam




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 6
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:03:43 -0000
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Frame for sale on eBay

Left caliper is there too, but rack & pinion is not (tie rods at
least). What are odds someone would have 2 DeLorean frames laying
around (anyone recognize pics from other source?). 

Most of seller's positive feedback as B(uyer), not S(eller). 4 negs, 1
neutral.

Bid carefully (unless item wallows in low $hundreds, in which case
could be worth gamble).

Bill Robertson
#5939

>--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Adam <acprice1_at_dml_h...>"
<acprice1_at_dml_h...> wrote:
> 
> the description says that the front swat bar is missing, but it is 
> clearly visible in the photos for this ad. The seller might not be 
> using photos of the actual item...
> 
> Adam
> 
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Mark Noeltner <mark_at_dml_b...> wrote:
> > I was searching under mis-spellings for DeLorean items and ran 
> across this
> > item listed as a "Delorian frame, suspension, rack and pinon":
> > 
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=2403468044&cat



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 7
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:34:44 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Idle speed motor and micro swich?..

One way to make sure the idle micro is adjusted correctly AND 
functioning is to remove the wires going to it (make a sketch or just 
try to remember which wires go where) and hook a meter to the 
terminals of the switch. Set the meter on continuity or a low 
resistance scale and at idle it should read closed. Now rotate the 
throttle spool and the switch should open. When you release the 
throttle spool the switch should consistantly read closed. When you 
are done hook the wires back up. Do this with the motor OFF.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757



--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Adam <acprice1_at_dml_h...>" <acprice1_at_dml_h...> 
wrote:
> When my car is idling the screw from the throttle arm looks to be 
> just touching the metal spring-hinged tab of the microswitch. When I 
> push in the metal tab so that it makes no contact with the screw my 
> idle does NOT change. Is this normal? How does the switch work?
> 
> Adam




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 8
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:02:17 -0600
From: Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Help me pick an engine.......PLEASE!!!!!!!!

The Peugot 504  1986  Had an improved intake manifold that upped the HP 
to around 185  thats 45 more than the Ds.  There was also an intercooled 
turbo verson in the Volvo 760E sports coupe.
Don't remember the ratings onthat engine though I did drive one and it 
was fun.




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 9
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:43:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Scott Tester <scott_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: 3D DeLorean

I found a 3D DeLorean model, it's pretty interesting. Even has opening doors. Click on the link below, and install the browser plugin.

http://www47.tok2.com/home/clearblue2/3dcg/3DA/delorean.html

Scott Tester     scott(at)delorean(dot)com



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 10
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:51:43 -0500
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardners14_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Factory Wheel Measurements?

Greetings all,
     I just joined the list, and am trying to find an answer that has so
far eluded me after several days of searching the web.
	What are the measurements for the stock wheels?  So far, I know
that the front is a 14 by 6 inch, and the rear is a 15 by 8 inch, and
the bolt pattern appears to be 4 X 100mm.  This bodes well for my quest
for larger aftermarket wheels, since 4 X 100mm is a common Honda size,
but I can't find any information regarding the backspacing or offset of
the stock wheels.
	So far, it looks like the biggest problem is going to be the
back wheels.  Once source I found lists the offset as 95mm, which is
going to be hard to find in an aftermarket wheel, since most of them
have at most 45mm of offset.  There are wheel spacers out there, but
those are only useful for *decreasing* offset, not increasing it.
	I got my hopes up when I found a site for "William Kay Wheels",
since he had dozens of wheel styles that had been machined to have the
correct offset for the DeLorean.  Alas, the phone number on his site was
changed at least a year ago, and the most recent date on his site is
1999, so he's probably gone out of business.
	Lastly, if I go with aftermarket wheels, is it necessary to use
different size wheels for the front and rear, the way the stock wheels
are configured?  As long as I choose tires that keep the overall
diameter of the tire/wheel combination the same, can I use the same
diameter wheels front and rear?  I'm asking because it's hard enough to
find wheels that I like without having to make sure that they're
available in *two* diameters.
	Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Scott Gardner




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 11
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:58:29 -0500
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardners14_at_dml_cox.net>
Subject: Is it necessary to balance Delorean wheels *on* the car?

In all the DW articles I've seen involving removing the wheels, they
always say to mark which wheel stud is closest to the tire's valve stem
so that you can put the wheels back on in the same orientation that they
were removed.  Also, at least one of the articles says that because of
the suspension used on the Delorean, the wheels must be balanced *on*
the car, rather than on a static or dynamic balancing machine.  I've
never heard of this with any other car, and wouldn't even know where to
go to have it done.  Does anyone know the reasoning behind these
practices?   I'm at a loss as to how a wheel that was properly balanced
off of the car could introduce problems once it's mounted on the car.
Likewise, I don't see how you could remove a balanced wheel, rotate it
90 degrees, put it back on the car, and end up with an imbalance as a
result.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Scott Gardner






________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 12
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:46:25 -0000
From: "Dave Swingle <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>" <swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com>
Subject: Re: Is it necessary to balance Delorean wheels *on* the car?

I've had mine balanced off the car with no particular difficulty. 

The theory behind balancing them ON the car is that you will also 
take out any imbalances in the brake rotors. In most modern cars, 
quality brake rotors are balanced themselves so that wheel and rotor 
balances are independent. I suppose the on-the-car threory holds 
water if you believe the brake rotors to be unbalanced.

If you look at other car rotors they are typically balanced by 
grinding away some material at the outer edge. Since the DeLorean 
uses single-plate rotors this would be hard to do, so they do not 
appear to be balanced. I don't recall seeing any balance weights on 
the inside of the rotors either. 

Just to complicate things, keep in mind that the mass of the brake 
rotor relative to the tire is relatively concentrated near the 
center, so the rotor would have to be significantly out of balance to 
cause a problem.

So - what to do? I still balance mine off the car, but I know just as 
many who'll argue the other way. Turns into a religious argument 
(like motor oil additives, not to start another one. . . ).

Also - your are correct on another point, there are not many shops 
that will do on-the-car balancing, you'd probably have to go to a 
place that is used to dealing with exotics. 

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Scott Gardner" <gardners14_at_dml_c...> 
wrote:
> In all the DW articles I've seen involving removing the wheels, they
> always say to mark which wheel stud is closest to the tire's valve 
stem
> so that you can put the wheels back on in the same orientation that 
they
> were removed.  Also, at least one of the articles says that because 
of
> the suspension used on the Delorean, the wheels must be balanced 
*on*
> the car, rather than on a static or dynamic balancing machine.  I've
> never heard of this with any other car, and wouldn't even know 
where to
> go to have it done.  Does anyone know the reasoning behind these
> practices?   I'm at a loss as to how a wheel that was properly 
balanced
> off of the car could introduce problems once it's mounted on the 
car.
> Likewise, I don't see how you could remove a balanced wheel, rotate 
it
> 90 degrees, put it back on the car, and end up with an imbalance as 
a
> result.  Can anyone enlighten me?
> 
> Thanks,
> Scott Gardner




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 13
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:23:41 -0800
From: "B Benson" <delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: Is it necessary to balance Delorean wheels *on* the car?

The front end of the DeLorean is really light and seems more susceptible to
imbalance and out of round conditions than a front engined car. I've had a
variety of tires on the car over the 20 years I've had it and a couple of
times the only way I could solve the twitching in the steering wheel was to
have the tires trued and balanced on the car. If anyone in the Twin Cities,
Minnesota area needs some info on a shop that can do this, email me and I'll
get it to you..

Bruce Benson



 >Also, at least one of the articles says that because of
> the suspension used on the Delorean, the wheels must >be balanced *on*
> the car, rather than on a static or dynamic balancing >machine.
 > Thanks,
> Scott Gardner




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 14
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:53:16 -0500
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Is it necessary to balance Delorean wheels *on* the car?

The reason you balance high performance wheels on the car is because when you do that, you take into account imperfections in the wheel hub and other suspension parts.  since the valve stem isn't equidistant in four places on the wheel (making good balance), you have to remember where the stem goes in order to return it to proper balance.  the difference is small, but it is the best.  it is called a 'dynamic balance'.

Andy



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 15
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 02:00:30 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: Is it necessary to balance Delorean wheels *on* the car?

To add to Dave Swingle's good explanation balancing the wheels on the
car has other points against it. If the wheel bearings are not perfect
you cannot balance correctly. On many cars you cannot balance the
drive tires properly because of the C/V joints and the fact that when
there is no weight on the tire the half shaft is at an extreme angle
so there is a large "Hook's Joint" effect which prevents balancing
properly. On some cars with limited slip or "lock-up" differentials
(not Deloreans) if you try to balance a tire you will spin the other
tire and if it is on the ground you could move the car! With all of
these factors besides the problem of keeping the tire indexed
correctly if you ever remove it I think it is safest to balance off of
the car. If you balance the front left tire on the car you will also
add miles!!!!!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dave Swingle <swingle_at_dml_d...>"
<swingle_at_dml_d...> wrote:
> I've had mine balanced off the car with no particular difficulty. 
> 
> The theory behind balancing them ON the car is that you will also 
> take out any imbalances in the brake rotors. In most modern cars, 
> quality brake rotors are balanced themselves so that wheel and rotor 
> balances are independent. I suppose the on-the-car threory holds 
> water if you believe the brake rotors to be unbalanced.
> 
> If you look at other car rotors they are typically balanced by 
> grinding away some material at the outer edge. Since the DeLorean 
> uses single-plate rotors this would be hard to do, so they do not 
> appear to be balanced. I don't recall seeing any balance weights on 
> the inside of the rotors either. 
> 
> Just to complicate things, keep in mind that the mass of the brake 
> rotor relative to the tire is relatively concentrated near the 
> center, so the rotor would have to be significantly out of balance to 
> cause a problem.
> 





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 16
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:36:07 -0500
From: "Jonathan Lazar" <jxace_at_dml_adelphia.net>
Subject: Brake Rotor Cross Reference

Does anybody know a suitable cross reference number for the front and rear
brake rotors.  I have checked every cross refernce list on the web and none
of them mention replacement brake rotors.  I have a Specialty Automotive
number for the fronts (EBR424), but that isn't any help since I can't find
any Specialty Automotive brand parts.  There has to be a car out there that
shares these rotors with the DeLorean.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Jonathan
VIN:  4494





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 17
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:52:42 -0000
From: "twinenginedmc12 <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>" <twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com>
Subject: Re: Factory Wheel Measurements?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Scott Gardner" <gardners14_at_dml_c...> 
wrote:
......
> but I can't find any information regarding the backspacing or 
offset of
> the stock wheels.
> 	So far, it looks like the biggest problem is going to be the
> back wheels.  Once source I found lists the offset as 95mm...

Hi Scott.

I measured my wheels offset at one point, and then promptly neglected 
to document the information, as I knew (wrongly) I would never need 
it again.

Nonetheless, I'm fairly certain that the offset of the rear wheels is 
not 95mm.  I likely would have remembered something that extreme.  
>From a geometric standpoint, 95mm offset is overwhelmingly unlikely.

If you still have your wheels, you can measure the offset yourself.  
You'd be doing people a favor.  I don't think that info's published 
anywhere.

Take the wheel, lay it outer face down.  Put a straightedge on the 
wheel resting on opposite sides of the rim, not the tire.  Use a 
ruler or tape measure to measure the distance from the bottom of the 
straightedge to the mounting surface of the wheel. (This, 
incidentally, is the back spacing, though nobody will ever care)  
Subtract 1/2 the nominal tire width, 8 for back 6 for front.  
Subtract an additional 1/2 inch (12mm) to account for the amount the 
wheel is wider than nominal (By a convenient accident the extra width 
is very close to exactly an inch, if memory serves me).

The result will be the offset.  My memory is that both were positive, 
the front more so than the rear, but it's been a long time.

After you're done measuring them, maybe you can spread that info 
around.  Others have asked. Gee, one day on the list, and people are 
already making you work.


About the different wheel sizes on the Delorean.  While it is not 
strictly necessary to put a smaller and narrower wheel in the front 
than in the back, it is probably advisable to not screw with the 
geometry too much.  The front wheel was deliberately specified much 
smaller than the rear wheel by the car designers, to help compensate 
for the undesirable rear weight bias of the car.  The design intent 
was to improve the probability that when you go around a corner too 
fast, the front wheels, which have less traction because of their 
small size, would start to slide first.  As the difference in size 
between front and rear tires is diminished, it becomes progressively 
more likely that the rear wheels will slide first.

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding wheels that are made in 
the different diameters/widths.  



Rick Gendreau





________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 18
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:16:05 -0800
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>
Subject: Re: Factory Wheel Measurements?

You have hit on a subject that is near and dear.  Yes it is VERY difficult
to find a combination that works, and yes I think it is appropriate to have
two different sizes front and rear.  The car has a rear weight, power and
design bulk bias that requires different size wheels/tires.

I purchased and installed a set of Konig Monsoons in June, 2001 with the
following specs:

fronts:  15x6.5  +40mm offset    tires:  205/55R15  (195/55R15 might have
been better)
rears    17x8.0  +20mm offset            245/45R17

They worked out fabulously!  The car is very lowered (especially in front)
so they were quite close on the fender forward outer edge.  A normally
lowered car would have been fine and as it was I didn't have any problems.
These rims are out of production however.

I currently have a set of Konig Appeal's on backorder:

fronts:  16x7 +40mm offset     tires:  205/50R16
rears:    18x8.0  +40mm offset         245/45R18   (20mm offset not
available)

I have not tried these but am hopeful.  All of the above tire diameters are
very similar to the stock diameters.  The rear rims will be really close to
the shock attach point so a 1/4" spacer may be required.  Fronts should be
fine.

Based on how well these fit I will be ordering a set of 16x7's/19x8's  with
205/50R16 and 145/45R19 tires and really push the envelope.  Note that the
rear tires will be a full inch bigger in dia. which will raise the car 1/2".
I should have my backordered rims any day and will let the list know the
results.  I think these will be the practical limit for the car without
looking silly.

Donald Ekhoff


----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardners14_at_dml_cox.net>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 1:51 PM
Subject: [DML] Factory Wheel Measurements?


> Greetings all,
>      I just joined the list, and am trying to find an answer that has so
> far eluded me after several days of searching the web.
> What are the measurements for the stock wheels?  



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 19
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:57:43 +0800
From: "Ian Foster" <ian_at_dml_netvigator.com>
Subject: Re: Ireland Car Production Question

Oliver,

Contact Chris Parnham at the British "DeLorean Owners Club" (DOC) ... cp_at_dml_delorean.co.uk. They have an excellent book for sale called "Motor Makers in Ireland" by John Moore. It suprised me how many cars were produced in Ireland.

There is a nice 11 page section on DMC with some photos of factory production.

Cheers,          IAN
************************

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Holler" <thehauntfactory_at_dml_att.net>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 11:52 PM
Subject: [DML] Ireland Car Production Question


> Hi Folks,
> Quick question (and I hope the answer it isn't painfully obvious. . .)
> I know our D's were manufactured in Dunmurray, Northern Ireland.
> Have any other cars come from Ireland or are our cars unique in that
> aspect as well?
> (I did a Google search, but distributors made the search unclear.)
> Thanks in advance.
> Oliver
> VIN#10694



________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________


Message: 20
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 04:57:23 -0000
From: "Adam <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>" <acprice1_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: no idle speed motor.

what kind of operation/idling can I expect if the idle speed motor is 
not turning on? Would the car idle with lower rpms, higher rpms, 
would it be more erratic?

thanks
Adam 



--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_w...>" 
<jtrealty_at_dml_w...> wrote:
> One way to make sure the idle micro is adjusted correctly AND 
> functioning is to remove the wires going to it (make a sketch or 
just 
> try to remember which wires go where) and hook a meter to the 
> terminals of the switch. Set the meter on continuity or a low 
> resistance scale and at idle it should read closed. Now rotate the 
> throttle spool and the switch should open. When you release the 
> throttle spool the switch should consistantly read closed. When you 
> are done hook the wires back up. Do this with the motor OFF.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
> 
> 
> 
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Adam <acprice1_at_dml_h...>" 
<acprice1_at_dml_h...> 
> wrote:
> > When my car is idling the screw from the throttle arm looks to be 
> > just touching the metal spring-hinged tab of the microswitch. 
When I 
> > push in the metal tab so that it makes no contact with the screw 
my 
> > idle does NOT change. Is this normal? How does the switch work?
> > 
> > Adam




________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________



Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/