From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1385
Date: Sunday, February 16, 2003 10:08 AM

1. Re: no idle speed motor.
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>

2. Re: Brake Rotor Cross Reference
From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

3. Re: no idle speed motor.
From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

4. Re: Brake Rotor Cross Reference
From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

5. Re: Factory Wheel Measurements?
From: "Admiral Marciniak" <Admiral_mjm_at_dml_hotmail.com>

6. Re: Ireland Car Production Question
From: Mark Noeltner <mark_at_dml_buffalochips.org>

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:55:19 -0000
From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>" <jtrealty_at_dml_webspan.net>
Subject: Re: no idle speed motor.

The main reason for the idle speed motor is that it automaticaly
compensates for different idling conditions such as when you turn on
the A/C, when it is cold, when there is a heavy draw on the
alternator, and as the car ages and parts wear. You can set the idle
up without the idle motor but the idle will vary depending on these
conditions. It is best if you can keep the car's systems as stock as
you can and operating  properly. Make sure there are no vacuum leaks
and the 3 large brass screws on the intake are lightly seated closed.
If you have vacuum leaks or the 3 brass screws are open then even if
the idle motor is working electrically it cannot control the motor.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Adam <acprice1_at_dml_h...>" <acprice1_at_dml_h...>

Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:56:28 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Rotor Cross Reference

Jonathan

The name is correctly "autospecialty". It is a TRW company. If you
want their parts you can go to www.brakewarehouse.com and select
DeLorean. That will take you to everything you could want in rotors
and pads. Stock, premium, cross drilled, whatever you want. They
have a new pad I have seen used in some later cars that is suppose
to be especially good too. I have yet to try them because I have a
supply of some older autospecialty "Metal-Lux" pads that I really
like. They are a special metallic compound at FF hardness with
little dusting. The hotter they get the better the braking. Anyway,
I have used their pads for years because in the early days brake
stuff got hard to find and I have stayed with them.

Now, with that said, if you are satisfied with stock performance,
which is pretty good, I would use DMCH or Grady. I've looked at
their new stock and it is good stuff. Besides, when you need the
hydraulic pieces you need to go to them.

Happy braking, Harold McElraft - 3354

Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:15:13 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

<acprice1_at_dml_h...> wrote:
> what kind of operation/idling can I expect if the idle speed motor
is
> not turning on? Would the car idle with lower rpms, higher rpms,
> would it be more erratic?
>
> thanks
> Adam

 YES! - It is hard to compensate for a properly working idle speed
motor.

Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:20:56 -0000
From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>" <hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com>

Jonathan
I just tried to see what pads brakewarehouse was offering for the
DeLorean and found that they don't have a listing on the web page. I
did not try to call them. The metal-lux pad numbers, an
autospecialty number, is FT D059-M, Rear D009-M. The rotors are
listed, but no pads.

Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:24:20 -0500
From: "Admiral Marciniak" <Admiral_mjm_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Factory Wheel Measurements?

i bought a set of michelin tires that just went into production last yr,
they are the pilot xgt h4 the michelin rep told the store manager at
discount tire that they saw a market need for tires that were "meant" for a
Delorean and the tread DOES match front to rear and they are the stock size
that J.Z.D. designed for the car, i am more than pleased with their
performance.
Michael in Michigan
vin 1263
plate MI TIME

Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:47:36 -0700
From: Mark Noeltner <mark_at_dml_buffalochips.org>
Subject: Re: Ireland Car Production Question

Mill House Books in the UK has the "Motor Makers In Ireland" book listed.
They are showing a regular price of 14.95 pounds, but now on sale for 8.99
pounds. Basic mail shipping to the US is 5.00 pounds, for a total of 13.99
pounds. I ran it through a currency exchange site and that's about $23.00
total incl shipping. I ordered a copy online yesterday using a credit card.
They said 3-4 weeks for overseas.

http://www.millhousebooks.com/osb/showitem.cfm/sort/itemname/Category/12/sta
rtpage/11/currpage/15/startrow/141   and go to the bottom of the page. Last
listing.

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 10:57 AM 2/15/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>Oliver,
>
>Contact Chris Parnham at the British "DeLorean Owners Club" (DOC) ...
cp_at_dml_delorean.co.uk. They have an excellent book for sale called "Motor
Makers in Ireland" by John Moore. It suprised me how many cars were
produced in Ireland.