From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1389
Date: Thursday, February 20, 2003 4:43 PM

From: "dmc_driver <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>

From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>

From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf_at_dml_charter.net>

From: Raine Moreno <raine-moreno_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>

From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

From: ZillaDelorean_at_dml_aol.com

From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>

From: dqauto_at_dml_aol.com

9. Re: Re: yeah right!
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>

10. Re: yeah right!
From: "Chris D'Urso" <dursman_at_dml_hotmail.com>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 06:23:07 -0000
From: "dmc_driver <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>" <dmc_driver_at_dml_yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: toll booth window solenoids

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty_at_dml_w...>"
<jtrealty_at_dml_w...> wrote:
> It is not too technically difficult to replace the window
regulators.
> When you buy them from one of the "D" venders they can walk you
> through the procedure. One thing to be careful about, the inside of
> the door has many SHARP edges of stainless steel. The best thing you
> can do is to put duct tape over all the sharp edges before you begin
> after removing the panels. (You did buy all that duct tape that the
> government told you to didn't you?) Well now you have a good use
for it!

Everyone should definitely heed David's "duct tape" advice.  My
left-side window went off it's track and jammed in the down postion,
plus the door handle rods inside the door needed adjusting, so I had
my arm down through those cut-out holes. After I was done I went
inside the house to wash up and saw blood all over my arm and several
cuts.  Funny thing is, I never felt a thing while working on the car.
 Sure stung like heck afterwards though.

Richard
vin#5853

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:22:03 -0600
From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com>
Subject: DeLorean Video Games

My son has an xbox game system and wants the game that has the DeLorean in
it.

Can someone tell me the name of the xbox game. Please e-mail me directly.

Thanks

Scott Mueller
002981
RNDOLA

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:39:27 -0800
From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf_at_dml_charter.net>
Subject: Parade Stance

I call having the gull wings open, the "Parade Stance".  Pop them open
during a parade.     I will never forget at Memphis seeing about 20 D's
coming in to the entrance street to Elvis's "Heartbreak Hotel" with ALL the
doors up.  What a beautiful sight.  That was a group carvanning from
somewhere, I think Dick Ryan was in that group!

Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic:  DMC-XII

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 05:48:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Raine Moreno <raine-moreno_at_dml_sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Ignition Upgrades

that combo sounds great...Could We get some part numbers on those items? I have been wanting to upgrade as well but keep running into problems locating the correct parts for the D. The parts people say that nothing matches for numbers i gave them cross reference for volvos, when looking up +4 bosch plugs...or anything else for that matter. Was also trying to locate part numbers for Rotor and distributor cap. any help will be appreciated!
thanks!
-Raine
Vin-1096

 "Toby Peterson <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com>" <tobyp_at_dml_katewwdb.com> wrote:

  Jay - At the risk of stepping outside of "keeping her stock", I am
running MSW wires, Bosch +4 plugs, and MSD Blaster 2 coil.

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:51:43 -0500
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: My cardomain website

Hey List,

I have put up a page on CarDomain about my car and the stereo I installed where I go into detail on the setup.  You should all check it out, and make sure you sign the guestbook and vote!!

Http://members.cardomain.com/soma576

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:24:07 EST
From: ZillaDelorean_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DeLorean Ultrasound

Shannon said:
> 20 years of wanting . . .
> 5 years of saving . . .
> We finally adopted a 20yr old!
> And like a proud dad I have to tell everyone and show the original
ultrasound
> scan from back in 1983. So go here to see it!
> http://205.133.7.130/images/DMC-Ultrasound.jpg

Congrads Shannon on your new Baby.
Looking at the Ultrasound I can't see the "Stick".
Is it a Boy or a Girl DeLorean ?

Bob Zilla

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:00:08 -0800
From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff_at_dml_seagullsolutions.net>
Subject: Re: grey interiors

I could be completely out to lunch here but I recently removed the carpeted
panels that cover the rear bulkhead on four different DeLoreans.  The
purpose was to make modifications to mount speakers on these panels.  They
were absolutely four different colors.  One came from a black interior car
and was closer to a charcoal color.  The other three ranged from a silvery
gray to a rather yellowish gray.  The silverish was from a very low mileage
car while the yellowish had seen considerably more sun.  I suspect the
history of the car accounts for the most variation at this time.  Things
like smoking/non-smoking, battery fumes from leaving a battery charger on
too long, sun exposure as well as possible different batch lots of original
material.  There was a surprising amount of differences as well in the other
materials used so they were obviously struggling with vendors and getting
the production problems ironed out.

I kept carpet samples from spots not exposed (back side wrapover) over the
years and there was still conciderable variation, so I know it was not all
sun induced color change.  Hope this helps.

Don Ekhoff

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:56:51 EST
From: dqauto_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Digest Number 1388

Hi DML:

I don't have a D yet...but still dreaming and drooling.  I do have the
Impulses, Conquests, ZX's, and SVX's and the parts getting Pathfinder.

I have been here reading the list for a long while hoping that some
interesting info might be useful in my Impulses..

Anyway, there was a post about the headliner falling down. :)
Well, of all of my babies that I have pulled from the yard or bought severely
neglected had the same headliner problems...

I just wanted to point out that Joann's fabrics (craft/sewing chain) has 5
different colors of headliner material (fabric with the foam backing) for
about $10/yard.

They are always willing to order for you!  :) At least my local ones love me
to death!
LOL!

www.joann.com

I emailed them a while ago about finding other colors so that I can put one
of my Impulses back stock for the Carlisle car show 5/2/03.

Here are the sku's that way they can order them for you.  It takes less than
2yards.
Black: 3496072
Dark Blue:3496056
Grey: 3496064
Maroon: 3496080
Royal Blue: 3496106
Tan: 3496098

Also, I have used a product for dying carpets on the headliner material
since the Dark Blue isn't really the Dolphin blue of my Impulse interior.  I
took this product and sprayed it on a piece of  scrap headliner material...
You know, just to see what would happen and if I could use it! :)

It is made by Dye Pro International.  You can buy the 400$ kit to do every
color of the rainbow or you can buy individual bottles from
www.topoftheline.com for about $10/bottle (and you have to buy the color
chart for $20?) that makes about 1/2gal of color. You use a spray bottle like
for killing weeds from Lowes for about 8$ and LIGHTLY SPRAY THE HEADLINER
MATERIAL.   I didn't soak it and so far it looks decent!  I might just use it
for my car! :)

Hey! You never know unless you try it!  I remember the time 9 years ago when
I used Rit Dye to dye the carpets of my 85.5 Impulse --cut in half and soak
in a baby pool for 3 weeks!  And crochet hooks can be found in my tool box!
LOL!

I buy individual bottles of this dye from the auction that I go to every
Tuesday... MAG(formerly MasonDixon Auto Auction), Greencastle, PA. if you are
in the neighborhood! :)  They don't have you buy the color charts since you
can look at theirs and pick your color.

I hope this is of some use to you. ;)

Anna Noe
IZCC 2524
Isuzuweb 6610

DesignQuest Auto Enhancing.

Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:39:37 -0800 (PST)
From: Louie G <louie_at_dml_delorean.com>
Subject: Re: Re: yeah right!

I had a feeling the whole door-open-while-driving issue would come up. I was doing all of 15 mph... (that's even 5 mph under the campus speed limit). I'm not complaining or bragging... just thought it was a funny story and wanted to share it with people who could relate to/appreciate it :-). -Louie

Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:20:44 +0000
From: "Chris D'Urso" <dursman_at_dml_hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: yeah right!

Except driving around with your door open IS a safety hazard.