From: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 1390
Date: Friday, February 21, 2003 5:32 PM

1. Re: yeah right!
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

2. CarDomain
From: gonedeaf85_at_dml_aol.com

3. Electromotive anyone?
From: "Pete B <zamphyr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <zamphyr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>

4. coolant hose leaks
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com

5. cold air source
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: DeLorean Video Games
From: John Gedeon <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>

7. Any old timers know anything about this?
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>

8. Re: yeah right!
From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

9. Re: DeLorean Ultrasound
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com

10. AW: Parade Stance
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:30:07 EST
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: yeah right!

In a message dated 2/19/2003 4:29:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dursman_at_dml_hotmail.com writes:

> Except driving around with your door open IS a safety hazard.

yeah to everyone else looking at you and not what their doing.  They could
hit someone.

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:43:14 EST
From: gonedeaf85_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: CarDomain

Hello everyone!  I thought I would come out of the woodwork to also let you
all know of our Car Domain site. The amount of positive responses and emails
has been wonderful.  I am glad that other DeLorean owners have joined and if
you have the time, add your car! I am sure people will be shocked, to say the
least, if we get a bunch on there!  Take care.

Marni & Eric
007104

Http://members.cardomain.com/exoticdmc

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:27:43 -0000
From: "Pete B <zamphyr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>" <zamphyr2000_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Electromotive anyone?

Has anyone had any success installing a complete TEC3 system from
Electromotive in a D yet?  About to "Inherit" #1991 (non-working) and
talked to DMCH - they had never attempted the conversion, but
recommended the Stage I exhaust upgrade prior to the TEC3 install (go
figure)

I actually believe that with the improved air box, we can push about
210 hp 200 torque with this $3K setup from the stock block... plus
eliminate many of our electrical problems.  Anyone done this yet?

Thanks

the Big Z

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:51:06 EST
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: coolant hose leaks

This weekend I am hoping to replace all my coolant hoses...After looking
closely at mine it seems each of them has a bead of coolant on each rubber
hose....I can tell that at some point over my cars life a few have been
changed because I see different brand names on the hoses used yet all seem to
have a drop of collant on them.....

My question is has anyone replaced all their hoses and then 1 or 2 years
later seen the coolant beads again? I wonder if this is common since the
coolant eventually seaps through the rubber....Most of my hoses do not look
bad but they seem dark where the coolant bead is....I wonder how long a
rubber coolant hose should last before these early symptoms appear? 1 year, 5
years? I know you can just tighten the clamp and that seals up any normal
loosening too.

thanks,
Mike C

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:03:46 EST
From: billsfanmd_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: cold air source

When driving the past week I definatley feel cold air coming in somwhere in
one of the footwells....I read an old technical article by DMC Joe about a
vent that was supposedly covered in a thin foam that can come loose with age
and that you need "monkey arms" to reach inside the drivers side floor vent
and repair with duct tape?

Anyone have or solve this problem. I dont have monkey arms but I have some
kids that do :-) the problem is here in MD that duct tape is now the hottest
thing since the "Tickle Me Elmo" doll....

Mike C

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:58:46 -0800 (PST)
From: John Gedeon <johne_g_at_dml_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DeLorean Video Games

I am interested in knowing what game that is and if
it's out for the Game Cube as well, if you could let
me know too that would be great. Please e-mail me directly.

John

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:04:59 -0000
From: "content22207 <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>" <brobertson_at_dml_carolina.net>
Subject: Any old timers know anything about this?

Poking around a Volvo BBS archive found this:

Mark's rigth! 4-cyl CIS CO is sensitive. It's the damn DeLorean V6 you
can turn a full turn....I wonder if they still have few hundred
DeLorean motors in Ohio? I bought two. They came with all accessories.
Price was $ 1100/each for brand new motor! They were illegal 2.7
liters, from Renault A310 Alpine and Renault TS30. Real fast and
powerfull. Not DOT & CARB certified, so they ended beeing auctioned
off. And other DeLorean scam, I guess...

Could this be source of my R30 block? Any old timers remember anything
about surplus Renault PRV's in Ohio? Message was dated November 1997.

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:31:47 -0000
From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>" <DMCVegas_at_dml_lvcm.com>

It is a funny story, and I for one enjoy hearing about comical things
that happen to other DeLorean owners. I'm not going to jump on a "me-
too" thread here by saying that driving with the doors open is
dangerous, and leaving it at that. I ended up learning first hand
just how dangerous it is.

One night I was at the drive-thru _at_dml_ a McDonalds. I stopped _at_dml_ the
first window to pay (door open of course), and then decided to leave
my door open as I pulled up to the next window to pick up the food. I
wasn't trying to be cool, I was just too lazy to close it. As I
pulled out though, some idiot inside decided to stick his head out of
the second window to look at my car. Luckily I noticed him in time to
slow down to stop, and he pulled his head in before it collided with
my door.

So in the end, yes, it can be quite dangerous to drive with the doors
open in some situations. But it can gain you some funny stories!

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:46:13 EST
From: njp548_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DeLorean Ultrasound

i see it in the pic..  It looks to be a boy...and WHAT a boy!

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:07:11 +0100
From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de>
Subject: AW: Parade Stance

Guys, can you see the tears in my eyes ???

Elvis & 6548

I call having the gull wings open, the "Parade Stance".  Pop them open
during a parade.     I will never forget at Memphis seeing about 20 D's
coming in to the entrance street to Elvis's "Heartbreak Hotel" with ALL the
doors up.  What a beautiful sight.  That was a group carvanning from
somewhere, I think Dick Ryan was in that group!

Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic:  DMC-XII